Ah well, I'd guess I could probably get around it with the old init editing like: this addMagazine "____"; If the model doesn't have a place for additional missiles to be displayed, then they wont show up externally... the Arma 2 model would display up to 2 external munitions when weapons were added in this manner, since this is surely based on the arma 2 version, does that still occur?

That init editing is how I was getting the desired loadouts for F-35Bs in Arma 2 (even if the weapons showed externally, after firing two, it looks perfect again with no external pylons)

Another idea... you mention 7 new factions (not sure what RAVEN is), We have an AAF faction, how about a TAF (Tanoan Armed Forces) faction? In the mission series I'm making right now*, I'm using mostly AAF units, as the "Syndicat" forces are not very well developed/sophisticated. The "greenback" camo isn't so bad for the Jungle, but it wouldn't hurt to be made darker and greener. Ethnicity and language could be changed too... just a thought

* very concise plot: Military Coup deposes the legitimate government. Pro-CSAT military dictator is in control of Tanoa. USS Khe Sahn (or America from the Jets DLC) is the first responder. Hijinks ensue. The first missions are to be in the F-35B/Black Wasp 2, before focusing more on infantry, light armor, and helo gunships, with non-playable jets occasionally coming by to remove high level enemy threats.

FYI, I was wrong about the B version being exactly the same:

http://www.tampabaydefensealliance.com/news/f-35b-internal-weapons-bay-cant-fit-required-load-small-diameter-bomb-iis-updated

" a hydraulic line and structural bracket must be redesigned and modified ahead of the planned Block 4 release in fiscal year 2022"

Still, the target capacity is the same, and they are redesigning it... surely by 2035, these kinks will have been ironed out.

And the 6 amraams is still in for the B:

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52570

"That F-35 Experience video was uploaded by LM to YouTube in 2010. Combined with the graphic which seems to show the roll post vents behind the AIM-120s / back of weapons bay, so it seems reasonable to assume the CGI / graphic is of a post-SWAT Bee. It seems reasonable, then, to believe that the Bee will be capable of an internal AIM-120 sixpack when they get to it in Block 4."

PS: How do I remove the gun pod on the buzzard? if removing the gun pod on this F-35 is going to be done the same way?

A lot of internal tweaks going on atm so not that much to show, but here:

Enhanced Combat Helmet (Olive) and Carrier GL Rig (ES MTP)

20170513121920_1.jpg

New camouflage for the Polish, and Carrier GL Rig (PL MTP)

20170513110957_1.jpg

Carrier GL Rig (Fleck)

20170513111115_1.jpg

Tactical Gendarme, wearing his Gendarmerie Tactical Uniform and Tactical Helmet (Black)

msY46DO.jpg

Cat

IMG_20170514_180617096.jpg

Another look at the Carrier Rig (Coyote)

20170507014223_1.jpg

Special-Purpose Helmet (Hex)

20170509215916_1.jpg

And another look at the Bulldog 12 Gauge

2mqKBYe.jpg

And Mk16 5.56 mm because I thought this looked cool

mvxz8lB.jpg

On 5/13/2017 at 4:56 PM, Ex3B said:

PS: How do I remove the gun pod on the buzzard? if removing the gun pod on this F-35 is going to be done the same way?

In pylon settings:

xP6I05m.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Tactical Gendarme, wearing his Gendarmerie Tactical Uniform and Tactical Helmet (Black)

Every update you give us is appreciated, however small it may be.

Also just a thought, wouldn't "tactical gendarme" be GIGN ?

(For those who don't know the GIGN (Groupe d'intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale) is, as its name suggests, the group attached to the Gendarmerie in charge of intervening in more militarised operations (Wikipedia will describe it better than I can))

• Like 3

6 hours ago, arziben said:

Every update you give us is appreciated, however small it may be.

Also just a thought, wouldn't "tactical gendarme" be GIGN ?

Dunno, they aren't French GIGN least tho.

Ah, it seems that is using a mod, so there is no way to remove the gunpod of the buzzard in vanilla arma 3 then? I guess that is included in your aegis mod then? Jets DLC drops tomorrow, so I guess something like that will be stock (don't know if it will allow the gunpod to be removed though).

Also I hadn't realized that the Bulldog shotgun was the Kel Tec KSG.

Sweet, the RFB and the KSG will both be in arma 3 then.

Will it model the KSG and have 2 magazine that you can switch between (like shot and shells, or #4 shot and 00 shot, etc)?

Will the RFB be able to accept attachments unlike the SDAR?

If a 5.56 kel tec bullpup is desired... kel tec is already making one:

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/rdb

4 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Ah, it seems that is using a mod, so there is no way to remove the gunpod of the buzzard in vanilla arma 3 then? I guess that is included in your aegis mod then? Jets DLC drops tomorrow, so I guess something like that will be stock (don't know if it will allow the gunpod to be removed though).

Also I hadn't realized that the Bulldog shotgun was the Kel Tec KSG.

Sweet, the RFB and the KSG will both be in arma 3 then.

Will it model the KSG and have 2 magazine that you can switch between (like shot and shells, or #4 shot and 00 shot, etc)?

Will the RFB be able to accept attachments unlike the SDAR?

If a 5.56 kel tec bullpup is desired... kel tec is already making one:

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/rdb

Removing the gunpod is part of Jets DLC which is on dev branch.

The SDAR and RFB can both attach optics.

And yes, both tubes are simulated for the KSG meaning you can load pellets and slugs and switch between the tubes like the Type 115 or UGLs. :)

• Like 1

"Removing the gunpod is part of Jets DLC which is on dev branch."

Awesome, I suppose that answers my question if you've been doing this mod with the Jets DLC changes in mind, it seems you're already using the dev branch version of it.

So it seems pylons/weapon stations can accept bundles of 3x/4x missiles I'm sure it can accept bundles of just 2x. My humble suggestion (for the F-35) would be to allow only 2 of the internal weapon stations to carry the large LGBs, and also allow those stations to carry an amraam/falchion/scalpel "bundles", leaving the other pair of weapon stations for smaller (non-LGB) single munitions. That should allow for roughly realistic loadouts. ie: 2(2x) Amraams + 2(1x) Falchion, or 2(1x) LGB + 2(1x) Falchion, or 2(2x) Scalpel +2(1x) Scalpel... etc

On another note:

Since you brought up the type 115 in response to question about the shotgun ... Have you done any rebalancing of infantry weapons? That 50cal on  the type 115 bothers me... a lot. I refuse to use it in any of my missions. It penetrates way better than the NATO .408... it penetrates better than the Lynx 50 cal unless APDS ammo is used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Beowulf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.408_Cheyenne_Tactical

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.338_Lapua_Magnum

19g bullet at 570 m/s or 26g at 550 m/s

Compare to the .408: 19g at 1,100 m/s or 27g bullet at 910 m/s.

In both cases, the .408 has significantly more momentum (and a whole lot more KE), with a smaller frontal area... the 50 cal on the type 115 is OPd.

Its power should fall somewhere between the .308 and the .338 (a .338 with a 19g bullet goes 873 m/s compared to the 570 of  the 50 beowulf.... same mass moving much faster with less than half the cross sectional area)

Is there a chance the mod will be released by the end of the month?

34 minutes ago, eran100 said:

That's the plan. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eran100 said:

Even though the author answered you I still have to tell you that it's against the rules to ask for any kinds of updates or release dates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

That's the plan. :)

That's great news!

3 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

Even though the author answered you I still have to tell you that it's against the rules to ask for any kinds of updates or release dates.

I'll keep that in mind.

• Like 2

Just now, eran100 said:

I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

So I was looking at the new DLC, and I'm wondering how your F-35 fits relative to the Black wasp and wipeout.

I'm not sure why, but the zoom on the cockpit of the wasp is lower than standard infantry zoom (which I assumed was because they're trying to show a wider field of view that the field of view one's screen takes up when sitting at a reasonable distance from the screen). Does this have the "standard" zoom level, or is it reduced to be inline with the new jets?

What of its top speed? the F-35 in arma 2 didn't go much over 900 km/h in level flight if I recall, but that would put it at a pretty big disadvantage relative to these new jets - not to mention, realistically it should be able to go faster.  (I'm surprised by how fast these jets go, given that they should have similar speeds to an SU-34, which didn't go that fast in arma 2)

How does its radar and IR signature compare? 

How does its internal loadout compare? The new DLC "stealth" variant isn't good at all for the CAS/A2G role. Just 2 LGBs, relative to the plethora of ATG guided missiles the wipeout can mount (DAGR, racks of scalpels, racks of macers). Any option for scalpels or macers? (you already said no DAGRs internally).

Interestingly, I note that the center internal weapons bay of the wasp can carry 6 AMRAAMs, but the default loadout is 2x AA, 2x LGB - like the F-35 of Arma 2.

So... its a very similar situation to the question of  the internal loadout of the F-35.

They inelegantly (IMO) just have the default load-out leave 2 weapon stations empty - but nothing prevents 4x AMRAAM and 2x LGB. I'm thinking they'd be better off leaving the LGB stations as the only stations that can carry 2x amraams, and just having 4 internal stations for the center bay - which is what I suggested for the F-35.

Anyway, I see they have a setPylonLoadout command, so if the mod doesn't support this, that's what I'll be using I guess:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Vehicle_Loadouts#Scripting

I'll be using it with the black wasp anyway

The F-35F is quite similar to the black wasp, though with some notable differences. First and foremost, the F-35F lacks a tailhook and is a V/STOL. The F-35F also has a datalink. It's too speed is technically 1970 km/h or something but because arma it only reaches 1300 km/h. The F-35F carried less ordinance than the F/A-181, with 10 (technically 11) pylons while the F/A-181 has 12. The stealth variant however only has 4 (technically 5) pylons.

It spawns with ordinance similar to the Black Wasp II, 4x BIM-9, 2x GBU-12, 2x Macer, 4x AMRAAM D. It's stealth and IR signature is the same as the Black Wasp II. While the F/A-181 has a 20 mm cannon with 450 AP rounds, the F-35F has a 25 mm cannon with 300 HE rounds.

Edit: almost forgot. It has a fully functional ejection seat.

Also I'll probably add in proper afterburners if I have spare time for all jets.

• Like 1

the black wasp has no data link? those can be set by default? I thought they always had to be set in the editor?

I'm guessing the "technically" 5th pylon is the centerline gun pod?

Personally, I'd prefer if it didn't have an afterburner, the less mucking around with action menus, the better*. Also as long as the other jets don't, it would fit in with vanilla craft better.

Doesn't VTOL already use disproportionate amounts of fuel? don't cars get terrible fuel economy when at max power? So then couldn't it be modded to just have fuel consumption increase significantly at higher throttle levels?

* As for the VTOL, the Arma2 system, and what I see on the other F-35 port, one had no control over the vector angle, and it transitioned on its own. In arma 2 it required mucking with the action menu, now there's a hotkey to switch between modes.

Now with the vanilla VTOLs, one can control vector angles with hotkeys, Does that work for this plane? Its nice to be able to just turn auto vectoring off through the action menu just once, and the rest of the flight use the hotkeys to control transition from hover to horizontal flight

13 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Personally, I'd prefer if it didn't have an afterburner, the less mucking around with action menus, the better*. Also as long as the other jets don't, it would fit in with vanilla craft better.

Doesn't necessary need to be on the action menu, my mig-21 addon has the action set to a keybind.

im sorry that development is slow right now

at the very least ill release source files if it doesnt continue so people who are actually capable in the community can make something

im tired of hurting everyone and im tired of being a failure

i dont see any reason anymore

im sorry

its everything to do with rl, not the mod

• Like 1

Dont apologise for slow progress real life is way more important then arma life and it doesn't matter how long a mod takes to produce and release.

I have no idea about how to mod but i know a lot about self criticism and its not healthy or helpful. From the screen shots you have shown that you are far from a failure and i know at times no matter what that is how we can feel but those feelings are not always a true reflection.

Keep your head up Nightmare i am sure there are many within the community that can help you along the way   

• Like 10