17 minutes ago, ravenholme said:

To clarify a wee bit, this is the F-35 from ArmA 2 (I believe) getting ported and re-textured to suit the new content of the Jets DLC.

Still an amazing thing though, and I can't wait until Jets releases and mod makers are given decrypted access to the .pbos for the inevitable re-textures from the various modders.

Oh... Well i guess once you think a mod is vanilla then its done its job amazingly!

Your right its great! I cant wait for the carrier to be released and everyone will enjoy the benefit of a huge carrier (And modders, Making way more content easily!) Its inevitable that once the jets is released people will also attempt to texture the ship too.

• Like 3

Sorry if progress is kind of slow, I was sick over Easter and after recovering on Monday, I woke up today running a fever. :/

I feel like I owe you guys something exciting so here's a little teaser:

cNshmLE.png

That's a Spanish soldier in the back, btw.

• Like 7

Hi Nightmare,

screen looks mouthwatering as usual :D really, so many ideas running through my head already :)

and now the most important thing: you don't owe us anything, it is rather us owing you gratitude for your dedication to modding. Take your time, get well and then, then! continue working on the mod ;)

so, get well and have a nice day :)

• Like 4

Nothing owed to us, although I must say I'm always excited to see new screenshots of how the mod is coming along.

Get well soon!

• Like 4

Just get some R&R - no need to sacrifice health for some progress update!

• Like 3

And here they are!

These are small factions to further bolster NATO's forces. They will feature some infantry, a few vehicles, and some new weapons. CSAT will get a similar update soon. Hope you guys like them!

• Like 9

You forgot some countries, like Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. They are NATO and sport unique camo setups :f:

Like:

Spoiler

Latvijas karavīri piedalās mācībās "Allied Spirit VI"

But really interested in the camo sets you already did! Some of it is quite unique in A3 modding!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bars91 said:

You forgot some countries, like Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. They are NATO and sport unique camo setups :f:

Like:

It's NATO in 2035 (according to old ORBATs in the Alpha's files) so members have changed quite a bit. There's also a few members not being added because there's no point imo: Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg.

Valid point - did Lux even have their own military?

Either way - looking forward to the first release. Vanilla a3 NEEDS that added variety you ought to bring! :drinking2:

Greece has a lower-rate military and they would probably have the same gear as the AAF rather than NATO, but I think given their position on the Mediterranean, they could have a point of being. Though I get what you're saying. Actually, most of NATO should use AAF stuff. The Pandur II, Fennek, AW-101, and Leopard Revolution are all used by or considered by multiple NATO members, and are all represented in the AAF by the Gorgon, Strider, Mohawk, and Kuma. Then again, they are used in the current, by 2035 they may be considered obsolete, not that the NATO vehicles are any newer, but I think BIS wanted them to be like "future-y" new vehicles for the US instead of 2000's Israeli armour.

• Like 1

any chance there is a link, or could you upload the alpha ORBAT`S  .Im just curious about them 

3 minutes ago, armyguy277 said:

any chance there is a link, or could you upload the alpha ORBAT`S  .Im just curious about them 

Here.

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

Greece has a lower-rate military and they would probably have the same gear as the AAF rather than NATO, but I think given their position on the Mediterranean, they could have a point of being. Though I get what you're saying. Actually, most of NATO should use AAF stuff. The Pandur II, Fennek, AW-101, and Leopard Revolution are all used by or considered by multiple NATO members, and are all represented in the AAF by the Gorgon, Strider, Mohawk, and Kuma. Then again, they are used in the current, by 2035 they may be considered obsolete, not that the NATO vehicles are any newer, but I think BIS wanted them to be like "future-y" new vehicles for the US instead of 2000's Israeli armour.

Don't worry, the new NATO members will have some vehicles that are fitting for them, including the Kuma and Gorgon. Though I'd love to do HAF forces, I don't want to add a BLUFOR version of ALL of the AAF's stuff just with a Greek flag instead of the Altis flag.

• Like 1

Huge thanks to @wsxcgy for his beautiful SloCam!

eH5Hdc3.jpg

I want to redo the Canadian and Portuguese uniforms (and possibly also replace Norway's MTP but for that I'll just do their IRL pattern) with new patterns. I'm not fond of real CADPAT, so what do you guys think? Also if any of the nations I posted are replacing their current camo with a new pattern and I got it wrong, please let me know!

Also I made a Discord: https://discord.gg/BVSAa53 :3

• Like 3

This is great! I seriously can't wait for CSAT! (Middle East countries would kind of make sense since CSAT has Iran. It would be a matter of time before csat unifies the Middle East and or the countries unifying under the banner of CSAT as it has a lot of benefits, just some ideas :D)

NATO actually looks like NATO instead of America solely with the mod. I'd imagine large scale war scenarios would be a reality (NATO vs CSAT not US vs IRAN :P)

• Like 3

6R6tgcZ.jpg

[Tropic Intensifies]

New backpacks (Kitbag in tropic to come soon) for NATO (Pacific). I'll probably do a new UAV Bag, too. Colors still need some tweaking, of course.

Just a little something while I work on some... er... stuff. *Cough* ... 92FS, PKP, CZ 805, PP-19 and more... *Cough* ...

• Like 7

Excellent as always :D

(Gosh, I'm turning into quite a fanboy :D but it feels good :D)

quick question, seeing you are doing european NATO units with, where possible, authentic weapons: I might overstretch my luck here, but are you familiar with Toadie2Ks work? he made an 'Armarized' version of the G36, which accepts ARMAs standard mags, and he also released the sourcefiles for it, too. Seeing that this rifle is used quite widely in Europe, and given the according to the Armaverse "decade long budget cuts" I could imagine, that this gun would still be around in 2035.

So erhm, the question was: Is it possible to include it in your mod? 

what ever the answer is, many thanks for your continued work on the mod! this is gonna be an epic one :D

• Like 1

Actually, lots of NATO members are considering getting rid of G36s ASAP. Germany among them.

(possibly) new BW service rifle might be the new HK433

Spoiler

Heckler_Koch_-_HK433_9.jpg

And that looks pretty much like the black MX rifles but with 5.56 HK mags

• Like 1

@bars91: I know that, but it's the Armaverse, and I said "decade long budget cuts". ;) also, it's just an idea thrown into the ring. 

speaking off topic, I still think the death of the G36 was because "Ursel"  von der Leyen wanted to show that she is serious about cleaning up the mess the Bundeswehr is, and picked a random relatively cheap item to get rid off. 

CZ-805? I love that rifle. Can't wait.

Also, although the Bundeswehr is ditching the G36, other countries may keep them around for a but, and once they're phased out by the BW there'll be a big surplus and the G36 could become the new G3, exported to everyone and their brother. I think 5.56 versions exported and modernized 6.5 versions kept around by the smaller NATO members would be a good plan. Of course given that toadie is cool with it, but I don't see why not, he's donated a bunch of stuff to various projects and is chill about it.

• Like 1

Are the NATO SF still going to be using the TRG-21? Cause I really think you should change that, it looks off and no way in hell would a weapon like the TAR suddenly be adopted by all NATO special forces units. If anything you should use the SPAR series of rifles. 

Hey Nightmare!

Just wanted to drop in and say: I'm really looking forward to this mod and the way it expands the 2035 universe!

Keep it going!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, the_oper8r said:

Are the NATO SF still going to be using the TRG-21? Cause I really think you should change that, it looks off and no way in hell would a weapon like the TAR suddenly be adopted by all NATO special forces units. If anything you should use the SPAR series of rifles. 

Yes, NATO SF use the TRG-21 as it's what they were armed with in the pre-Alpha. Pacific NATO forces might receive the SPAR, however.

Yeah that doesn't sit right with me. In terms of the Armaverse I don't think that makes much sense that they would use weapons that are equivalent to what underfunded guerrillas use. 

Anyways are you reverting all the units to their pre-Alpha equipment? So like NATO with F2000s, CSAT with the Mk14, etc?

1 minute ago, the_oper8r said:

Anyways are you reverting all the units to their pre-Alpha equipment? So like NATO with F2000s, CSAT with the Mk14, etc?

Nope. Equipment hasn't changed, apart from NATO's MAR-10s being replaced with Mk18 ABRs, only CTRG using the former now.

Re: TAR-21s

- wasn't there a whole debackle about A3 Alpha's storyline including Israel being overrun by Iran(CSAT)? 

Thus issuing TAR-21s, NEGEV LMGs and other "NATO" armor? And AFAIK FIA used 'em initially exactly because they captured Iranian weapon stockpiles

in the course of all-out conflict between NATO(including Greece who's territory you was obviously fighting in) and Iran?

EDiT; and it would make total sence in pre-AAF storyline. Mk-200 and the whole 6.5 telescoped caseless ammo thing was exclusively NATO territory while Iran used their own 5.56mm stuff (see CSAT carbine magazine visuals) and captured Israeli hardware. If one thinks logically, had BI followed through with the initial setting, NATO probably would'we gotten (more appropriate) Leopard 2 NG and Iran would be running singular T-100 coil gun tanks with more conventional Merkava tanks as their MBTs.

What do you think?