7bBU80p.png

Arma 3 Aegis overhauls, expands, and improves many aspects of the vanilla game. Plenty of new content is added - from medical APCs to shotguns, VTOL jets to new equipment and apparel, and much more - expanding the vanilla game's already extensive library of available assets. Arma 3 Aegis also aims to recreate a plethora of old weapons and vehicles axed from the game. Several new factions have been added to support the existing ones.

I work on this mod between school and family, so development won't be the fastest. Keep in mind, I am the only person working on this. With that said, if anyone would like to help me with modelling, localization, animations, etc, please shoot me a PM. :)

Features:

• 7 new factions: ION, NATO (British), Militia, Police, Raven, Russia, Viper (seperate faction now)
  • 12 new weapons: AA-40 12 Gauge, Bulldog 12 Gauge, C-1911 .45 ACP, M4 SSAS 12 Gauge, Mk16 5.56 mm, Mk17 5.56 mm, Mk17 DMR 7.62 mm, Mk26 .45 ACP, P07 9 mm (it's a G17 now), P99 9 mm, RFB 7.62 mm, Vermin SBR 9 mm, Warfare-50 12.7 mm
  • 7+ new attachments: SRS, TWS Sniper, Sound Suppressors (many), Flash Suppressors (many), ACOG, DCL-120, CCO
  • 7 new vehicles: C-192 Samson, F-35F Lightning II, Fishing Motorboat, Small Boat, T-100K Varsuk (coilgun tank), Tractor, Zamak LRS
  • 1 new static weapon: Mk6A Mortar
  • New variants of existing vehicles - medical APCs, unarmed APCs, medical helicopters, air-to-air drones, et cetera
  • New textures for existing vehicles - including pacific reskins for BLUFOR and green hex reskins for OPFOR's aircraft
  • New equipment
  • New textures for existing equipment
  • New sounds for bolt-action and tank shell ejection
  • Expanded content for all factions
  • Russian radio protocol
  • Reduced sway
  • Optional files to rename Altis and Stratis and their locations
  • Optional files to reskin Altis Armed Forces into Hellenic Armed Forces
  • Vehicle weapons have been overhauled according to their real-life counterparts
  • Weapon magazines have been tweaked according to their real-life counterparts

Gallery

Twitter

Trello

Comments, criticism, and suggestions are appreciated!

• Like 21

Welp, definantly keeping an eye on this, on your roadmap, will you consider uploading to steam workshop?

Welp, definantly keeping an eye on this, on your roadmap, will you consider uploading to steam workshop?

Yes, I am planning on uploading this to the workshop. :)

• Like 2

HELL! I've been waiting for this mod! Definitely gonna test it out and play around with it!

Here's a small comparison I did between the vanilla and new textures. They've been delicately recreated to resemble their 2011 counterparts.

l72EJda.pngTPV22hP.png

• Like 4

Will this include a new medical or repair system or is this more of a re-texture?

Like the looks of everything so far.

Diesel

Wow-that is some amount of work you have set yourself :) Where are those jets pictured coming from?They look nice

Wow-that is some amount of work you have set yourself :) Where are those jets pictured coming from?They look nice

ARMA 2, textured to look like the F-38 in ARMA 3.

Will this include a new medical or repair system or is this more of a re-texture?

Like the looks of everything so far.

Diesel

As of now, no medical or repair system is planned, though I'm thinking about the former for later. :)

• Like 1

I was wondering if you might alos consider for new uniforms, something like this: character_1.jpg

But the other jet-the one that looks like an F-14? It's in your picture named Air Superiority

But the other jet-the one that looks like an F-14? It's in your picture named Air Superiority

F14? Thats a F35 too, just from below.

F14? Thats a F35 too, just from below.

Oh wow..so it is. I need some sleep ;)

As of now, no medical or repair system is planned, though I'm thinking about the former for later. :)

The picture is actually the arma 2 f-35 that they used as an engine test, i think thats part of the reason it got scrapped

I was wondering if you might alos consider for new uniforms, something like this:

Possibly in the future, my modelling skills are nonexistent currently.

I'd say, better keep ir "clean" - only have what fits Vanilla/ArmA-verse/pre-release A3  ;)

Plenty of mods out there that add new stuff. None that has only the old goodies without other redundant stuff.  :ph34r:

EDiT:

RS rain textures might be cool to consider. That's some magic level shit!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193826-rs-rain-textures/

Quite a large project you've set aside for yourself and already seeing some good stuff come out of it.

Looking forward to more updates from you! :D

• Like 1

8 new attachments: SRS optic, DCL-120 optic (subject to change), TWS Sniper optic, Osprey suppressor, Flash suppressors, ACOG optic, COWS optic (subject to change), TLS flashlight

How are you going to get the DCL-120 and TLS working? Last I remember the pilot view LOD for the DCL-120 is bugged while the TLS flashlight lacks memory points for lights since I believe it was meant to be an IR-flashlight and not visible like the current one.

And another nitpick for you; the SRS also has its own issues since the model's glass lens are too opaque and it still uses an A2-style red dot since it hasn't be updated to use the collimator tunnelling that BI introduced a while ago. While the former could probably be fixed with a hex edit'd rvmat, the latter remains a problem without editing the model itself.

How are you going to get the DCL-120 and TLS working? Last I remember the pilot view LOD for the DCL-120 is bugged while the TLS flashlight lacks memory points for lights since I believe it was meant to be an IR-flashlight and not visible like the current one.

And another nitpick for you; the SRS also has its own issues since the model's glass lens are too opaque and it still uses an A2-style red dot since it hasn't be updated to use the collimator tunnelling that BI introduced a while ago. While the former could probably be fixed with a hex edit'd rvmat, the latter remains a problem without editing the model itself.

I'll see what I can do hex editing the SRS and DCL. Also I'm reusing the TLS flashlight name for a new flashlight.

So will this be adding everything that was scrapped in Arma 3's pre-alpha? And will those 2011 skins be replacing the vanilla ones?

So will this be adding everything that was scrapped in Arma 3's pre-alpha? And will those 2011 skins be replacing the vanilla ones?

Everything that I can add (so no AMOS AMV, sadly), and yes they do replace the vanilla textures, though an extra PBO will be supplied to revert that.

• Like 1

Some more screenshots, including the Pacific retextures for NATO.

M5i7mFn.png

9RVOA6x.png

0UDT9uO.png

• Like 9

have you considered three color nato/ flat tan for NATO vehicles , also a none HEX camo for CSAT?

have you considered three color nato/ flat tan for NATO vehicles , also a none HEX camo for CSAT?

Possibly in the future.

They look great! Love new units especially those related to the Arma verse.

+1 on Flat Color CSAT vehicles. Would also like that for AAF. I never really enjoyed the way they look having the patterns, especially considering how much they can stand out. Realistically, Painting these patterns on every vehicle like that it is an immense and inefficient task when you can just do and olive base with tan or brown shapes on top like everyone else. I'm sure you've got greater priorities and I hope you pursue them, but I also hope you consider this later one as your set of objectives begin to become fulfilled. This looks like a promising project and I can't wait to hear more about the development of this. Good luck to you.