Getting there with the Pine tree models. Satisfied with materials now. Now to learn LODS. 

aQC1cnM.png

LWLUlIj.png

VushNwK.jpg

vdlYPOF.png

LlnGB1m.jpg

• Like 14

man, nice to see people making their own trees. that's rare. they look good too.

one nitpick/suggestion. i feel there's some kind of proportion issue. like the trunk seems too thick for how large the branches are. like the base of the trunk could be thinner imho. like more uniform less spreading out towards the bottom. looks perfect on that middle pic though. so i'm confused.

either way. great work!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bad benson said:

man, nice to see people making their own trees. that's rare. they look good too.

one nitpick/suggestion. i feel there's some kind of proportion issue. like the trunk seems too thick for how large the branches are. like the base of the trunk could be thinner imho. like more uniform less spreading out towards the bottom. looks perfect on that middle pic though. so i'm confused.

either way. great work!

@bad benson Its been a painful learning point, one that's caused a recent rage quit but the the sun most continue to shine so the trees continue to grow and the mod continues to be developed. XD. Appreciate the mention on trunk scale I have studied pines and close related trees where I can to get a realistic idea of scale.

Generally speaking it appears in real life the trunks are sum whats larger and branches are some what puny in comparison, How ever I do think I need to re visit the trunks scale but i think whats causing that out of scaled look is not actually the trunk but rather the branches need to be longer. I shall get to looking into this. Oh and the middle image is a different tree to the last image too. 

Thanks for your advise and compliments :) 

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

OMG SP (check) open world (check) RPG (check)?!?!?! This looks so great and ticks all the boxes for me! Really impressive work! 

:) im happy you are interested and enjoy what you see, thank you :) :drinking2:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DL++ said:

@bad benson Its been a painful learning point, one that's caused a recent rage quit but the the sun most continue to shine so the trees continue to grow and the mod continues to be developed. XD. Appreciate the mention on trunk scale I have studied pines and close related trees where I can to get a realistic idea of scale.

Generally speaking it appears in real life the trunks are sum whats larger and branches are some what puny in comparison, How ever I do think I need to re visit the trunks scale but i think whats causing that out of scaled look is not actually the trunk but rather the branches need to be longer. I shall get to looking into this. Oh and the middle image is a different tree to the last image too. 

Thanks for your advise and compliments :) 

yea the picture might fool me a little. but it's just the way the girth widens to the bottom too much. but again. just nitpicking, and i sure am no botanist. just caught my eye. keep it up. looks great.

4 hours ago, bad benson said:

yea the picture might fool me a little. but it's just the way the girth widens to the bottom too much. but again. just nitpicking, and i sure am no botanist. just caught my eye. keep it up. looks great.

Absolutely feed back of any sort is important no matter its nature. I am to take a look and see if some adjustment are required as I think you may be right about the bottom width of the trunk :).Thank you for your feedback :don11: 

I have created a Discord development server to house all discussions and place to talk about the mod as well as post updates and progress 

https://discord.gg/Su9yydd

• Like 4

Just a small update on what I'm doing. Working on a method using Blender to capture and create some peaks and snow effects like these images below (from another engine and not created by me, sauced as reference online). 

EBJwDhA.png

WvloF04.png

proving to be very Difficult in L3DT so moved to Blender where @HorribleGoat has been assisting in helping achieve this effect in blender Using some node magic to capture points and height. Here are the results, some what effective, I am pleased with the results.

UZ6s9wc.png

UAitDv3.png

So now to remove everything from it leaving only the mountain details and overlay (~bake~) it to my Current mask in L3DT and hope it all works. If all goes well I should be able to get this new terrain build in game for the first time and testing by next week. I plan to get a LOT done this year. 

• Like 8

that looks frakkin AMAZING! some of the best looking mountains i've seen in a while, good work :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These pics make me actually feel the majesty of those high and ancient mountains. 

Once this map comes out, I can imagine me myself playing it as a survival sim and not even thinking along the usual path of: "Dammit, where are the next settlements; need some firefight/zombie horde/vehicle parking lot!"  Instead, I can imagine just wandering this map, ideally with a JohnnyBoy Scripted Dog Companion, and enjoy the thrill of living on the edge!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tourist said:

These pics make me actually feel the majesty of those high and ancient mountains. 

Once this map comes out, I can imagine me myself playing it as a survival sim and not even thinking along the usual path of: "Dammit, where are the next settlements; need some firefight/zombie horde/vehicle parking lot!"  Instead, I can imagine just wandering this map, ideally with a JohnnyBoy Scripted Dog Companion, and enjoy the thrill of living on the edge!

Thanks man I am to create a world that offers exploration and you wont need it since No Cure will have companion dogs 

• Like 2

@DL++ 

Thanks man I am to create a world that offers exploration and you wont need it since No Cure will have companion dogs 

When reading/viewing these awesome map building progress posts from you, I tend to set aside that you actually always planned to offer a complete new gamemode to enjoy your map and also elaborated all that here in the thread - man, this is like ordering icecream  in a cafe and then after having placed the order you notice the gold plaquette saying "Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2017 Competition for the Best Chocolate Ice in the world" hanging next to the bar. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tourist said:

@DL++ 

When reading/viewing these awesome map building progress posts from you, I tend to set aside that you actually always planned to offer a complete new gamemode to enjoy your map and also elaborated all that here in the thread - man, this is like ordering icecream  in a cafe and then after having placed the order you notice the gold plaquette saying "Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2017 Competition for the Best Chocolate Ice in the world" hanging next to the bar. 

Wow what a reply !! xD  !! well I appreciate your views and an happy you enjoy what you see so far. The whole having a world driven toward exploration has been something iv have indeed planned from day one. It comes from my days of Skyrim and Fallout spending weeks just exploring and role paying around the world. SO I aim to implement some of that enjoyment into No Cure. :) 

PS let me know where that cafe is ! xD ;) 

• Like 1

Here we go again with more Inventory edits. I like this design better - still needs some tweaks and I've some how lost all the item names/description but that's fixable.

added Stats to it to how ever I need some help getting them to update real time. I believe onLoad is the desired approach but I cannot get it working so anyone that might be able to assist hit me up. 

You can also see how different times of day / lighting effect it too. 

Midday 

ptGr8tz.png

Overcast and in Shadows

JpGGGXg.png

Night time

TBgkFg8.png

• Like 10

Latest terrain re-build update. Sculpting mountains and Rivers. 

Mountains

FoQ2lQl.jpg

Rivers

MwxrGph.png

The rivers will be using animated planes using super shader, @HorribleGoat put together for me, They need a lot of work still but testing has show it works and also works with fog.

XkhjbXE.png

b4CJtLv.png

z3lf20W.png

Testing some under water fog (scripted right now) 

ORrqbLk.png

working with Fog 

Kd1YcDd.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Custom Depth of field config and custom rain 

rains a little hard to see

Lqprp3I.png

j3nbWBh.png

FlqBmxJ.png

Terrain Materials going down 

AXBqbry.png

• Like 13

Applying a custom snow climate to the terrain in L3DT getting closer to getting it in game now. 

zn5ykQa.png

XQbw4Ju.png

tVCljPC.png

0WNV2Ot.png

Dont forget to come join the discord server many smaller day to day updates and discussions there. 

https://discord.gg/BJNRqCE

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Finally First look at the new terrain base in game.. Been around 6 months since I decided to make a total rebuild of the terrain. Very pleased to finally see it in game 

gUtozX8.jpg

vbKGjza.jpg

yDEV00m.jpg

kiKhyek.jpg

YZpHWIU.jpg

j5Gac1z.jpg

rb1xyJo.jpg

x4Y07sW.jpg

• Like 10

wow that's looking awesome in game already, excellent work on the mountains and snow distribution, time well spent! ...And actual rivers!

• Like 1

Thanks @lordfrith and dont be fooled those rivers dont actually have water in them yet. They are carved and they look like water because of the sat map but I haven't put water down yet. 

2 hours ago, DL++ said:

dont be fooled those rivers dont actually have water in them yet.

i've lost many good canoes this way...

that explains why they are so very blue, ah well its nice to see where the waterways will go anyway and that there'll be an inland loch as well. fresh water landscapes are sadly lacking in Arma 3 so I'm looking forward to see how these look once the scenery details start getting added.

as always bud, keep up the good work :D