WurschtBanane

Make AI get in and out of a vehicle when trigger is activated.

Hi. I want to make a squad get out of a vehicle when a script is activated, and make them get back in when another one is activated. Is it possible to do without scripting, just with triggers init?

The unload, load get out and get in waypoints dont seem to work...

Btw the squad consists of players and AI.

If that is not possible, can i make the passengers and cargo dudes eject? I googled a bit and found something that makes cargo eject but its a btr 80 which means that most people sit on top.

(units group someUnit1) allowGetIn false;

to make them get out and

(units group someUnit1) allowGetIn true;

To make them go back in. someUnit1 is the name of some unit in the group. If you want your player(s) in that group then change the first one to

{[_x] allowGetIn false; _x action ["Eject", vehicle _x]} forEach units group someUnit1;

More info at the bottom of this page https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowGetIn

• Like 2

(units group someUnit1) allowGetIn false;

to make them get out and

(units group someUnit1) allowGetIn true;

To make them go back in. someUnit1 is the name of some unit in the group. If you want your player(s) in that group then change the first one to

{[_x] allowGetIn false; _x action ["Eject", vehicle _x]} forEach units group someUnit1;

More info at the bottom of this page https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowGetIn

Thanks, that worked. By the way, using unload waypoints breaks that, so the btr im using to drop and take troops only uses move waypoints.

Question answered, lock the topic.

On 26/03/2017 at 4:32 PM, Enigma229 said:

Where would I put this code into? 

No help?

"triggers init"

27 minutes ago, avengerarts said:

No help?

You might figure it out reading the first post.

I'm feeling helpful so you'll get the additional tip that you can find the info you're looking for in the first post, first line. At the end of it.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You might figure it out reading the first post.

I'm feeling helpful so you'll get the additional tip that you can find the info you're looking for in the first post, first line. At the end of it.

Cheers

So sorry, I didn't notice it.

English isn't my native language, anyway thanks a lot! 

So when doing this via dynamic scripted trigger:

_this = _this select 0;
Frog_Veh = vehicle _this;

_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _this];
_trg setTriggerArea [10, 10, 0, false];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["West", "PRESENT", true];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["this", "_this action ['Eject',Frog_Veh]" , "hintc str Frog_Veh"];  ///// Activation not working but the Deactivation works -it hints the Vehicle name everytime i back up by 10 meters

Ive also tried just Getout action but still no go. Trying to get all manned turret guys to get out when enemy is close rather than sit there like statues

Ok added: Frog_Gunner = gunner Frog_Veh so now its:

_this = _this select 0;
Frog_Veh = vehicle _this;
Frog_gunner = gunner Frog_Veh;

_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _this];
_trg setTriggerArea [10, 10, 0, false];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["West", "PRESENT", true];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["this", "Frog_gunner action ['getout',Frog_Veh]","hintc str Frog_Veh"];

Which works but only for one Static Weapon -how would I go about using the closest to player?

Edit: Nevermind got it done via loops rather than those dirty lil triggers that wont accept local variable