lato190

SWAT: Elite Force (SWAT 4 Mod that restore cut content & more)

God damn it is great to see my all time most loved coop game get so much love from modders! I really like the Elite Force mod for gameplay reasons, but damn if the Remake mods dont have some fine textures for sure! I can see that it is possible to merge the mods somewhat, but I just can't get it working. Would it be possible for anyone who has their hands on an already merge mod folder to upload it with google drive or something? I am doing a gamesession with some buddies in a few days and I would love to show them this!

AI officers now take cover behind walls and lean around them as well, while still prioritizing their area of control within a room. There are also more ways to order them around, for example breaching orders have changed so that the player may select what tool to use (this happens randomly in vanilla if officers carry c2 and a breaching shotgun, you never know what you're going to get). There is also the option for the AI to wait on the player to throw a grenade before going in. Suspects may now wander around the map at random, away from pre-set paths. 

There is also a new permadeath mode, where you can select player death and AI death, meaning that any officers that go down will not return for subsequent missions. The campaign can also be played in co-op now. Essentially, it's like SWAT 4 received another expansion pack in terms of features and it's awesome.

This is my latest video on the game, in which I also discuss the patch notes for version 5 of Elite Force.

Also, it seems I forgot to link episode 15 here so here you go:

Bit from myself also

• Like 1

V6 will possibly have iron sight view. One of the things that has always bothered me about the originel game. The crosshair only view is essentially cheating in a game like this since it offers the same accuracy but with much more peripheral vision.

On that note I can't fathom people that want to play mods that are as realistic as possible but then complain that they want the limited view you get from wearing a gas mask removed since it restricts vision ... Seen it complained about with so many different mods for different games

I was very surprised about it being crosshairs only. If I can avoid, I never play games with crosshairs.

I had no luck with 5.2 patch (over 5.1). Game starts somewhat slower, when I start a mission soon the game freezes.

16 minutes ago, JdB said:

V6 will possibly have iron sight view. One of the things that has always bothered me about the originel game. The crosshair only view is essentially cheating in a game like this since it offers the same accuracy but with much more peripheral vision.

On that note I can't fathom people that want to play mods that are as realistic as possible but then complain that they want the limited view you get from wearing a gas mask removed since it restricts vision ... Seen it complained about with so many different mods for different games

Read those complaints with Raven Shield 2.0, however they did let you remove it in the ini. Ironsights would be fantastic didn't know about that. I saw he added in Speech command which is awesome, but does not seem to work for me, always grayed out in the options box :/

Got voice working :)

Voice recognition is bloody fantastic. I got it working myself today, and it's like playing a whole new game. The newest commands from the Elite Force mod actually work too, so you can order the squad to disable traps, secure all evidence, or restrain all people in the area. Particularly useful for missed items, though occasionally they might pathfind their way through parts of the map you're not ready for yet, trying to get back to a pistol dropped in a nook somewhere lol xD

Anyways, started doing a new season in permadeath mode:

Also, if the box for voice recognition is greyed out, I made a tutorial video on how to enable it.

• Like 1

Part 2 :) 
I'm learning that to switch between the fireteams and giving them commands it's better to wait a second, otherwise the select fireteam order and the actual order can get muddled and mistakes start happening.