OK you were right, there was 2 variables that were not properly defined when playing in MP. So, OPEX has been updated to version 1.197.

Changelog:

• Fixed: ambient civilian functions are now working properly when playing in MP
  • Tweaked: if bCombat mod is detected then forcing deactivation of R3F's AIComTarget script to avoid any conflict

And no problem if you want to host OPEX on your server :smile_o:

(Edit a few hours after...)

OPEX has been updated to version 1.198.

Changelog:

• Fixed: small error message when running a new task (if showScriptErrors command was enabled)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

OK you were right, there was 2 variables that were not properly defined when playing in MP. So, OPEX has been updated to version 1.197.

Changelog:

• Fixed: ambient civilian functions are now working properly when playing in MP
  • Tweaked: if bCombat mod is detected then forcing deactivation of R3F's AIComTarget script to avoid any conflict

And no problem if you want to host OPEX on your server :smile_o:

(Edit a few hours after...)

OPEX has been updated to version 1.198.

Changelog:

• Fixed: small error message when running a new task (if showScriptErrors command was enabled)

Thx for the fix i gonna try it but can you stil upadte the file version (exemple in your website or armaholic cause for the dedicated it's easier to host your mission with the folders)

It's already done on my website :smile_o: (Armaholic needs much more time because each update requires approval from one of their moderator).

Hi Gemini, I try to host your mission on a dedicated linux too, but the server crash before it was online :down:. Maybe because of a mod... 

Did you managed to make it work Benjibossk?

Hi BLE-OPs, it seems that something is not properly installed on your server. I suggest to try to:

- start the server without any mod

- progressively activate the mods until you find the one that is involved (this should not be a problem as long as the mission is not started)

52 minutes ago, BLE-OPs said:

Hi Gemini, I try to host your mission on a dedicated linux too, but the server crash before it was online :down:. Maybe because of a mod... 

Did you managed to make it work Benjibossk?

Hy i hust saw your message i was able to host but i have huge trouble concerning the option ai enemies wont spawn correctly even if i put in extrem all the settings concerning the ennemies i just saw a few one music radio still wont work in vehicule even in SP (probably cause i dont know how to use it)

- bug with task force radio (disable after a few tim playing the mission)

but i play with a lot of mod even ace and the missions seem to be compatible i let gemini work on his mission but @Gemini feel free to contact for i make you free hosting for one of your server to make your test in MP

Good luck

Benji

OK, I found the mod who make problems for launching, it's your mod Gemini_item, I've tried the one on the workshop and the on on your Free server.

Maybe does not work for arma3dedicated server.

Is there a way to have them speak English? I have no idea what my Player is saying.

@Gemini

I just wanted to mention that I've been playing the latest version and that everything seems to be working very well. As time goes by and you make new additions and refinements, the mission is maturing nicely.

While I'm trying to keep new feature requests to a minimum, I've thought of two that seem to make sense if it's possible to add them without too much trouble. The first and probably the simplest is to suggest that you add Ace 3 wire cutters to the armory for Ace 3 users. The second suggestion concerns languages as mentioned in the post previous to mine but concerning the enemy forces rather than friendly forces. For realism purposes, I'm fine with my team speaking French, as I've begun to understand what they are saying by checking the radio box when they speak and later recognizing what they are saying when I hear that dialogue in the future. I'm wondering if there is a simple way (editing a file or two perhaps?) to change the language that the enemy AI speaks? When I'm playing on Taunus, it's a bit disconcerting that the enemy is speaking perfectly American accented English. I can't think of a realistic reason that makes sense for them to sound American. To me, it would make more sense if they were speaking some other European language (preferably German considering the map) if possible. I know that the language options in A3 are limited and that you want to keep required mods to a minimum, but if it isn't too difficult, perhaps an option to change the AI (enemy and possibly friendly for those that want it) spoken language to the menu options at mission start. Better yet would be if the mission could recognize any languages that are enabled as part of other mods, such as CUP and RHS:AFRF and allow them to be chosen as options as well if the mod is loaded. I realize that that could be a difficult option to add but even if it isn't possible, I'm going to look into some of the mods that add different languages and see if it's possible to use them to change spoken languages in the mission. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

***edit***

I had forgotten about the RUG DSAI language mod for Arma 2 until it turned up in a search that I was doing after posting my message. It turns out that it has been converted to Arma 3 as well and was updated as recently as two months ago. For those wishing to use other spoken languages, the mod just may help with what you're looking for. I remember trying the A2 version of the mod and quickly deleting it because I found all of the trash talk coming from my AI squad members to be quite annoying but I never tried editing any of the config files to try and change the behavior. Apparently the mod is easily customized to use only the languages you want, so it may suit my needs as well if I can make it only apply to the enemy AI. Fortunately for my needs on Taunus, German is also an option. I'm going to take a look at it later this week and see if it can be used to make my suggestion above concerning languages, unnecessary. Here are a few links where it can be read about and downloaded if anyone else is interested:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31325

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BLE-OPs said:

OK, I found the mod who make problems for launching, it's your mod Gemini_item, I've tried the one on the workshop and the on on your Free server.

Maybe does not work for arma3dedicated server.

OPEX and Gemini_items mod are working on dedicated server too. Just make sure you have put the right path on the server options.

16 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Is there a way to have them speak English? I have no idea what my Player is saying.

Not at this time but...

4 hours ago, scimitar said:

The second suggestion concerns languages as mentioned in the post previous to mine but concerning the enemy forces rather than friendly forces. For realism purposes, I'm fine with my team speaking French, as I've begun to understand what they are saying by checking the radio box when they speak and later recognizing what they are saying when I hear that dialogue in the future. I'm wondering if there is a simple way (editing a file or two perhaps?) to change the language that the enemy AI speaks? When I'm playing on Taunus, it's a bit disconcerting that the enemy is speaking perfectly American accented English. I can't think of a realistic reason that makes sense for them to sound American. To me, it would make more sense if they were speaking some other European language (preferably German considering the map) if possible. I know that the language options in A3 are limited and that you want to keep required mods to a minimum, but if it isn't too difficult, perhaps an option to change the AI (enemy and possibly friendly for those that want it) spoken language to the menu options at mission start. Better yet would be if the mission could recognize any languages that are enabled as part of other mods, such as CUP and RHS:AFRF and allow them to be chosen as options as well if the mod is loaded. I realize that that could be a difficult option to add but even if it isn't possible, I'm going to look into some of the mods that add different languages and see if it's possible to use them to change spoken languages in the mission. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

***edit***

I had forgotten about the RUG DSAI language mod for Arma 2 until it turned up in a search that I was doing after posting my message. It turns out that it has been converted to Arma 3 as well and was updated as recently as two months ago. For those wishing to use other spoken languages, the mod just may help with what you're looking for. I remember trying the A2 version of the mod and quickly deleting it because I found all of the trash talk coming from my AI squad members to be quite annoying but I never tried editing any of the config files to try and change the behavior. Apparently the mod is easily customized to use only the languages you want, so it may suit my needs as well if I can make it only apply to the enemy AI. Fortunately for my needs on Taunus, German is also an option. I'm going to take a look at it later this week and see if it can be used to make my suggestion above concerning languages, unnecessary. Here are a few links where it can be read about and downloaded if anyone else is interested:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31325

I'll see what I can do ASAP.

4 hours ago, scimitar said:

The first and probably the simplest is to suggest that you add Ace 3 wire cutters to the armory for Ace 3 users

Wire cutter should already be available in the accessory box :smile_o:

• Like 1

@Gemini

I've check and path is good, and nothing change.

On my arma3 files on windows, in workshop folder, your mod is in "@@Gemini" folder, do you think I need to call it the same on my Debian server?

That's my command line when launching the server (just for mod)

-mod=curator\;kart\;heli\;mark\;expansion\;jets\;argo\;dlcbundle\;dlcbundle2\;@gemini\;@cba_a3\;@cup_core\;@cup_maps\;@jackfrench\;@pj_opfor\;@rhs_afrf\;@rhs_usaf\;@r3f_armes\;@r3f_unites

Sorry for incovenience :dozingoff:

The tool to compile/upload addon is not very clear so maybe I did a mistake when giving name to the addon folder. Anyway, make sure you are calling the mod the right way. Examples:

@@gemini folder on the server and @gemini in the command line won't work

@gemini folder on the server and @@gemini in the command line won't work

@gemini folder on the server and @gemini in the command line should work

@@gemini folder on the server and @@gemini in the command line should work

@Gemini

Could you please check the accessories box (the one with optics and suppressors, correct?) in the Taunus version of the mission? I have the ace_logistics_wirecutter.pbo file in my ACE folder but I'm not seeing the wire cutters in the supply box. There are a few ACE items in there but no wire cutters. I've also checked all of the other supply boxes in the armory but they aren't in any of those either. Thanks.

I'm still testing the RUG DSAI mod, so I still can't say for certain if the enemy AI is speaking German or not. I've only had a small amount of time to test it so far and I haven't been able to get close enough to the enemy to hear them speak yet. Once I know more, I will report back here.

@scimitar

I have checked, the wire cutter is on the support crate. It's between MicroDAGR GPS and map tools.

mini_664069capture.jpg

@BLE-OPs

Great news if it's finally working now :smile_o:

@Gemini

I misspoke, I think it doesn't work on Debian quite simply ^^, I will see later.

Thanks for your help.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Gemini said:

@scimitar

I have checked, the wire cutter is on the support crate. It's between MicroDAGR GPS and map tools.

mini_664069capture.jpg

Thanks, Gemini. I figured out what the problem is. I don't use all of the ACE 3 features in single player, so I have several pbo files removed. I had all of the dependencies for the wire cutters in my ACE custom folder but for some reason, the wire cutters wouldn't show up unless I also hade the ace_microdagr.pbo file installed as well. I don't know why that file would be required for the wire cutters but without it, the wire cutters don't show up in the supply box. I also noticed that some other ACE items besides the wire cutters are also available that weren't before enabling the microdagr. I don't know how well the wire cutters work though. I equipped my player with them and went to the fence surrounding the delivery area and tried to cut it. My character went through all of the wire cutting motions and the snipping sounds were present but after the action was complete, the fence was still intact. That will require more testing in the field to see if I can cut fences.

Hello there, I've got a problem with Your mission, that is, no matter what, I lose Zeus functionality after respawn. I've tried to change ways Zeus module synchronise with the player, but nothing has helped. I looked through all pages of that discussion searching for similiar problem and I've noticed in Your changelogs, that "Zeus should now still be available after a respawn" (1.18) and "Zeus interface should work again on every map" (1.194), but it seems like it still doesn't work in my case :D

I'm trying to host a local server if that matters.

It was working properly for me during last tests but I'll take a look on it again.

@Gemini

This isn't so much a bug report as it is to point out what is probably an unforeseen inconvenience associated with disabling the primary needs module by way of the new start menu options. I'm currently playing SP in 1X time, with primary needs disabled. Upon completion of an early morning mission, I returned to camp to find that it was still early at about 0730 hours. I decided to return my character to the barracks so that I could pass in game time until dusk and then choose another mission for a night operation. Unfortunately, with primary needs disabled, the option to rest is gone and I don't know of any other way to pass time, other than to manually use the fast time option which only works at 2X-4X. At 15 real time minutes for each hour, that's quite a few real hours to wait until it gets dark. It's not really a big deal as it's easily worked around by not disabling the needs function which is barely used when in 1X time anyway. I also tried to do it with a sleeping bag but was unable to deploy the sleeping bag with needs disabled.

Also, I believe that I figured out what is causing the transport helicopter to sometimes not take off after loading my team aboard. When I can see the helicopter approaching the LZ for pickup, I often select my team and then tell them to board the chopper while it's still in the air. This seems to force the AI pilot to land immediately if it's an open enough area and he will often land somewhat short of the chosen LZ point. If he actually lands far enough away, then he won't take off again after my team and I have boarded. Now that I know what's most likely causing the problem, it's easy enough to avoid by waiting until the chopper has landed before ordering my team aboard but sometimes the situation calls for getting the AI moving and aboard as quickly as possible. It would be nice if there was a way around the issue because giving the "all board vehicle" command while the chopper is still in the air could save valuable time if the LZ has become hot while waiting for transport or if being pursued by enemy forces.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the RUG DSAI mod to work with OPEX. It seems like a neat mod for changing vocal AI languages but I've been unable to get it to work so far. That doesn't mean that it doesn't work but something in the setup is beyond my skills at the moment.

Gemini, thanks again for all of your hard work. :)

Hey, so i downloaded OPEX yesterday and all the required mods and installed them but when i want to play it i get a error telling me that i can't paly it/modify it because a downloadable content has been deleted.A3_structures_F_argo.

Anyway way to fix it?

@scimitar

Thank you for your feedback.

- Missing option for resting: you are right, I'll make it available even if primary needs are disabled.

- Air transport unreliable: I'll think about how to improve it.

- AI languages: it will be possible to select it at mission startup with the next update.

@HammerTooth

This error seems to be relative to a Malden file. Is the "structures_f_argo.pbo" file in your "ArmA 3\Argo\Addons directory ?

• Like 1

Hi again, so i was able to make OPEX work but i'm wondering about something, when you enable the Virtual Arsenal there is nothing in the box in the Armory and i can't find in the arsenal the Spy microphone for one of the Op so i'm wondering if you could help me?

Yeah I know, it has been reported already, I'll fix it for the next update, sorry about the inconvenience.