I didn't thought credits would lead to such discussion ! Anyway, I think we are all inspiring each other, so let's agree that the important thing is that it results in many very interesting mods/missions :smile_o:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I didn't thought credits would lead to such discussion ! Anyway, I think we are all inspiring each other, so let's agree that the important thing is that it results in many very interesting mods/missions :smile_o:

Its not about credits :) it s only about story. All things are a logical sequence, guys make the ways by coding, write some documentation, think about player gameplay experience, release their stuff etc. It takes so much time.

Nothing was created spontaneously overnight. I think must of people dont remember what was the development on Operation flashpoint and at the begining of ARMA1,  and how our experimentations/requests became standard for dev which came later. I talk also about the BIS work wich constantly improve the game to the needs of developpers / players and add features, command that didnt exist or add native features to permit to community to beneficit the same level of development (all the module for example that were add by bis later)

• Like 2

It requires a few conditions (e.g.: to be at the main base and not having a task assigned) but yes it does :smile_o:

Hi,  have finally installed all the required add-ons however when I start any Opex Mission I don't get the Mission Parameters screen which I assumed would appear at the beginning. Instead it just goes straight to the "Gemini presents...." intro and then into the game with my player standing in the room.  I'm able to find the whiteboard and open the Task Manager however the START button just keeps flashing when I select any mission from the list and nothing else happens.  I don't seem to be able to select a mission.

Please assist with this issue

Thanks

Edited by Floydian69

Hi, it's a very strange situation. Try to reset the mission by using the "Reset mission" action attached to the whiteboard into the Tactical Operation Center.

I just tried this again and now it does eventually load the menu, takes about 2 minutes though.   The problem is every time I want to play a mission I need to start, then go to the "Reset Mission" option and then start again so I can get the menu.  Is quite a slow process, any ideas how I can fix that ?

It's normal the menu doesn't appear everytime because OPEX has a persistence save game feature which means your progression is saved even if you restart your computer/server or if the game/mission is updated. So if you want to reset the whole progression you need to use the "Reset mission" menu to delete the persistent save.

But it's not normal it takes several minutes to appear, what computer do you have ? Maybe there's something that slows the initialization of the mission. Did you try on different versions of OPEX ? Some ones like FATA or Kunduz versions needs much less ressources than the other ones because the maps are smaller.

My PC is an i7 with 16 Gb / SSD.... plenty of power for ARMA 3. The menu seems to work only when I alt-tab out to Windows and back to ARMA several times , strange and a little annoying but I can deal with that.  The main issue however is when I use the RESTART option from actual Arma scenario selection menu it doesn't restart the mission, it just goes straight into the mission and doesn't spawn any vehicles around the camp or allow me to choose missions.  Only seems to work if I select "Restart Mission" from the whiteboard in mission which is a bit of a pain to do as you need to walk to it each time. Should it not do a full restart of the mission from the Scenario menu ? Seems it does not delete the persistent save from the Arma menu, only from in-game.

Hello,
When starting the mission on Taunus, the adjustment table does not appear, directly on the map, if we continue, we enter the mission but:

impossible to load a mission in the control room, the armory is empty ....

I did some resets but nothing changes.
Thank you

"Bonjour,

Lors du démarrage de la mission sur Taunus, le tableau de réglage n’apparaît pas, directement sur la carte, si on fait continuer, on entre dans la mission mais : 

impossible de charger une mission dans la salle de commande, l'armurerie est vide .... 

j'ai fait des réinitialisations mais rien n'y change.

Merci"

Edited by arvigna

@Floydian69

That's precisely what I said, to fully restart OPEX you MUST have to select the "Restart mission" action from the whiteboard into the mission because ArmA's retart button doesn't reset the persistent save.

@arvigna

Hello, sorry I have to reply in English because it's the only language authorized on BI forums. Did you use the "Reset mission" from the whiteboard into the Tactical Operation Center ? If the menu is not available maybe the mission is totally broken, you have to reset it manually to delete the previous saved game. Open the mission into the editor and open the debug console. Then, write that command and press "Execute globally": [] spawn Gemini_fnc_persistence_reset

• Like 1

Hello,

thank you , i will try this.

Sorry for the french language. Méa culpa.

EDIT : It's work.

Thank you.

Edited by arvigna
  • Like 1

@arvigna  Welcome to  the forums!

I see another user has steered you onto the correct path. This is what they were referring to:

All posts must be in English language.

For the benefit of other users, could you edit and translate your French posts please. 

Hello Gemini,

I just created a public server "Opex light" (beta) this weekend and I think I can give you a first feedback. In addition to the CBA_A3 and Gemini mods, we added task force radio.
- Thanks for a FAQ inside the game, very useful. Thank you also for the impressive work done.
- Warning, OPEX is very time consuming, we do not see the time pass ;).
- We are also seeing the issue regarding the spawn of vehicles. We were very surprised because we did not read the list of issues before. It was bagdad during our patrol.
- We successfully completed the mission "to attack the training camp". But failed to find the person to capture in Mission 2 after 1 hour of thorough search. Bug? The village of Sonia was deserted, no civil. Enemies were present. But, not the person to capture.
- The vehicle purchase system worked well initially. Then the money was well counted but no vehicle spawn. We had to use Zeus to provide us with a vehicle.
- The purchase of an infantry team works and we can manage it with the high command. But, how can we make them use a vehicle. On foot, it is necessary to be patient and if too far, the group seems to be erased by script. I suggest that your delete script does not erase purchased units.
- Zeus does not seem to see spawn units and hardware already in place. No way to remove vehicle carcasses for example.

- It's interesting to be able to question the civilians, unfortunately, about ten to question, I could not meet suspects.

Here is a first feedback.

Have a good day,

RedBelette.

• Thanks 1

@arvigna

I'm glad the issue has been solved, thank you for keeping me informed.

@RedBelette

Thank you very much for this feedback. I had to have a break on OPEX but I will work again on it as soon as possible to fix last reported bugs.

Sorry, if this has been brought up, but is this ACE compatible? I see the missions on the workshop don't mention it. Thanks

"Compatible with additional mods (ACE3, TFAR, ACRE2, bCombat, ASR AI3...)" sorry. I will test it out with ACE and VCOM AI

Hello!

i can't open the mission on editor, it dos not appear .

Cause  another bug, when open the mission to play (on taunus) , the uniforms are not french, and then a black screen, i can work or fire, but impossible to see because of black screen.

thx to help me !

Hello!

ok, a mod disturbing = "@Left Shoulder Scripted Weapon"

and i place a new pbo.

It's work !

:-)

question : is "@AdvancedUrbanRappelling" working ?

Hi guys, some recent game and mod updates have broke OPEX, I'm working on a fix that will be released ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 3

(F.A.T.A A3) On the other hand on the page of the workshop he is marked as incompatible
I do not recommande you to use them

Hi all, hi Gemini,

Any updates? :)

Awesome job and great mission, I like it very much, especially the task system you've implemented, I like it to the degree that I MUST ask: is there any chance to release these tasks as a standalone system? And make them compatible with ALIVE or Liberation for example?..

Just tasks with all needed scripts included, or even more (these "needs" (water, food) for example), but built with modular structure, so one can use what he wants in particular circumstances... With an option to add custom tasks... and with support for best known & most common mods like RHS, Project OPFOR, etc...

Regards

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2017 at 6:32 PM, Gemini said:

Hi guys, some recent game and mod updates have broke OPEX, I'm working on a fix that will be released ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Gemini, first of all i have to tell you that I and my mates love to play OPEX. You did an amazing job! For the same reason, i would like to ask you if all the OPEX mix are broken or if at least some of them (the OPEX lite maybe?) are still playable.

• Thanks 1

@pokemon77

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I have currently no time at all to work for releasing features included in OPEX as standalone, so this shouldn't happen soon. But feel free to un-pbo OPEX and to extract/modify/customize what's inside as you like.

@magicbus 9

Thank you too for your message. Yes, unfortunately, every version of OPEX should be more or less broken.

@all

Next update is almost ready and should be released soon. Please just be a little more patient :)

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I'm a few days late, but happy new year to everyone !

After a very long and hard work, I'm pleased to announce that OPEX has been updated to version 1.22.

Changelog:

• New: OPEX is now compatible with Crazy Mike's Winter 2035 mod
  • New: it's now possible to select between light and complete edition of every OPEX versions directly when mission starts
  • Removed: the dedicated light edition of OPEX for Altis is not available anymore on Steam (because it's now included on standard version)
  • Added: new AI units can now be recruited (radio operator and drone operator)
  • Fixed: many bugs/issues caused by last ArmA and some mods updates
  • Fixed: doors are now working properly on Kunduz and Lythium maps (thanks to pierremgi for the script !)
  • Fixed: markers are now displayed properly in Zeus interface
  • Fixed: map cleaning function is now suspended when a player is logged as Zeus, to prevent unintentional objects deletion
  • Fixed (partially): most of the decoration items on the armoury walls are now spawning much more faster on dedicated servers
  • Tweaked: civilian people spawning is now faster
  • Tweaked: vehicles spawning is now more reliable and should limit cases of unwanted explosions
  • Tweaked: AI is not selecting its handgun anymore if it can use its rifle
  • Tweaked: some ground lights have been removed from heliports because they were sometimes causing some collision issues that may damage helicopters
  • Tweaked: autosave progression has been disabled to allow possibility to play "on the fly"
  • Tweaked: both mission and unit persistent save action have been merged into one (because I'm not sure it's usefull anymore to split them)
  • Tweaked: the composition in the editor and the global script organization related to OPEX customization have been reworked to facilitate modifications and updates (big thanks to Jack Ost for his time and for his suggestions !)
  • Tweaked: parameters screen at startup now includes tooltips to help newbies
  • Tweaked: many scripts have been reworked to allow better performances and easier maintenance
  • Tweaked: many global variables have been renamed with OPEX prefix to avoid possible conflicts
  • Tweaked: HQ is now better protected (if the feature is enabled)
  • Tweaked: many other things
  • Updated: JackFrench mod is not required anymore (French vehicles have been replaced by R3F ones - until OFrP ones are available) 
  • Updated: players squads composition
  • Updated: contributor's in-game panel (thanks to Magnus !)

Important ! As this new update deeply modifies the engine of OPEX, you need to manually reset the mission by selecting the "Reset mission" wheel action attached to the whiteboard into the Tactical Operation Center. Then start again OPEX: the persistent data should have been cleared.

OPEX_40.jpg   OPEX_38.jpg   OPEX_37.jpg

I spent a new night working on OPEX, I hope you will enjoy this new version. Anyway, thank you so much for your precious feedbacks and for your support ! 

But now I really need to sleep ! :e:

• Like 5

Hey there,

Thank you very much for all support I'm receiving, I'm still very happy you're all so enthusiastic about OPEX ! All your feedbacks are very precious to continue enhancing the mission.

A few issues appeared with last 1.22 update because of the amount of things that were modified/added, I apologize about that. But I'm happy to inform you that OPEX has already been updated to version 1.23 !

Changelog:

• Fixed: task "13 - Install a spy microphone" is now working properly again in MP
  • Fixed: jailing civilians is now working properly again
  • Fixed: ordering vehicles is now working properly again in MP
  • Fixed: predefined loadouts are now working properly again in MP
  • Fixed: music receiver is working properly again
  • Fixed: tents and sleeping bags are available again in the armoury
  • Tweaked: mission is now automatically reset in case of critical update to avoid issues and manipulations for players*
  • Updated: default Virtual Arsenal is now replaced by ACE one (only for ACE users)
  • Updated: ARC uniforms and vehicles are now automatically loaded (only for ARC users)
  • Updated: contributor's in-game panel (thanks to Louis !)

* Please note that persistent saves will be automatically reset with this update to make sure everybody is now running the proper version.

Enjoy !

• Like 5