for this bug : "Picture pictures\overview.paa not found at startup when joining server despite the picture is present in the mission folder, I don't know how to fix this."

in fact, error message present only on first time you launch mission, after server have charged mission if you restart mission error not longer present and picture displayed correctly.

I think this is an internal error of ArmA, only original "overview.paa" picture present in ArmA3 game will be loaded correctly on first time, all "overview.paa" picture of mission made by community have same problem on my server.

if Somebody know how to force server to read content of missions present on server, maybe that can help us to resolve this problem.

• Like 1

OPEX has been updated to version 1.215.

Changelog:

• Fixed: a debug hint message was displayed when it should not have
  • Fixed: wheel actions are not deleted anymore after team switches
  • Tweaked: there should be less unexpected civilian vehicle explosions
  • Updated: available vehicles at startup for Isla Duala version
  • Like 3

Hello

I really like OPEX. I play it as a SP mission and using the in game Arma 3 save functionality as that suits my style. That does create some problems, though, where some scripts are not getting initialized when loading a saved game. It is scripts such as TPW, which doesn't work after reload from a saved game. Also team switching function differently, and there are probably others as well.

It is the typical problem when loading saved games using the Arma 3 save/load functionality. However, there is an easy solution to it.

By adding these lines, it will solve the problem:

// Put code here that needs to be initialized when the mission is started anew.
	// e.g. 0 = [] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_core.sqf";
	_saveLoadHandler = addMissionEventHandler
		[
			"loaded",
			{
				// Put code here that needs to get reinitialized when mission is loaded from a saved game.
				// e.g. 0 = [] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_core.sqf";
			}
		];

I don't know how many scripts in your mission that has this problem, but it seems like every script that runs, but doesn't get stored in the missionNamespace (or something), has this problem.

I've seen TPW and teamswitching having this problem in your mission.

Hi, thank you for your message and for this feedback. I'll take a look on it ASAP.

SOLVED! See next post.

---------------------------------

I tried adding this code to the init.sqf and it sort of works... Well...

_EH_SaveLoad = addMissionEventHandler
	[
		"Loaded",
		{
			onTeamSwitch {if (leader _from == _from) then {(group _from) selectLeader _to;}};

0 = [] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_core.sqf";
			//0 = [5,500,15,5,4,50,0,25,15,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_civs.sqf";
			//0 = [25,300,150,50,10] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_park.sqf";
			//0 = [5,1000,10,2,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_cars.sqf";
			0 = [250,750,2,[75,250,500],1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_air.sqf";
			0 = [10,5,300,150,60] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_animals.sqf";
			0 = [10] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_houselights.sqf";
			//0 = [10,1000,1,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_streetlights.sqf"; // not needed anymore with last update of CUP maps ?
			//[250,10,1,1,1,1,1] execvm "scripts\TPW\tpw_fog.sqf";
			//0 = [] execvm "scripts\TPW\tpw_rainfx.sqf";
			0 = [1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_soap.sqf";
			0 = [10,1000,1,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_hud_init.sqf";
		}
	];

For some reason it cannot initialize both onTeamSwitch and TPW init. If I have both, only TPW gets initialized. If I comment out the TPW stuff, the Team Switching part works.

Not sure if there are some timing issue here or some other thing/code that interferes... I'm not that familiar with your code.

On can say that the OnTeamSwitch event doesn't get called when doing team switching after loading a saved game.

In some of my own test missions, I put the addMIssionEventHandler call in an init function defined in cfgFunctions with a preInit = 1. That has always worked so far, but I don't have that much experience with this event handler yet, to know what the issue is in this case.

I looked a bit more into the save/load issue and seem to have found a solution that works, at least for the TPW and Team Switch scripts.

I updated the TPW scripts to his newest version, although that shouldn't be necessary to make it work.

In my previous attempt, it was the onTeamSwitch event that was troublesome. Using addMissionEventHandler instead, works.

I added this code to cfgFunctions:

class STLA
				{
					class init 
						{
							class saveLoadManager
								{
									preinit = 1;
									file = "scripts\fnc_saveLoadManager.sqf";
								};
						};
				};

And I added this file:

// fn_saveLoadManager.sqf

addMissionEventHandler
	[
		"Loaded",
		{
			0 = [] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_core.sqf";
			//0 = [5,500,15,5,4,50,0,25,15,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_civs.sqf";
			//0 = [25,300,150,50,10] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_park.sqf";
			//0 = [5,1000,10,2,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_cars.sqf";
			0 = [250,750,2,[75,250,500],1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_air.sqf";
			0 = [10,5,300,150,60] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_animals.sqf";
			0 = [10] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_houselights.sqf";
			//0 = [10,1000,1,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_streetlights.sqf"; // not needed anymore with last update of CUP maps ?
			//[250,10,1,1,1,1,1] execvm "scripts\TPW\tpw_fog.sqf";
			//0 = [] execvm "scripts\TPW\tpw_rainfx.sqf";
			0 = [1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_soap.sqf";
			0 = [10,1000,1,1] execVM "scripts\TPW\tpw_hud_init.sqf";

addMissionEventHandler
				[
					"TeamSwitch",
					{
						_from = (_this select 0);
						_to = (_this select 1);
						if (leader _from == _from) then
							{
								(group _from) selectLeader _to;
							}
					}
				];
		}
	];

That solved the issue with TPW and Team Switch as far as my tests go.

Wow, thank you very much for this detailed feedback. I'll test it on my side too.

19 hours ago, Gemini said:

Wow, thank you very much for this detailed feedback. I'll test it on my side too.

Your welcome. :)

I noticed that the Group Manager fails to work after load. Not tested thoroughly.

Also I just did a mission delivering supplies to a village, but the mission doesn't complete. Don't know if it is related or if I'm missing something in the mission.

EDIT: Must have missed something. The task works. Do enemy units prevent the a task from completing?

No they shouldn't. Task should immediately succeed if every 5 supplies have been uploaded into the marker area.

17 minutes ago, Gemini said:

No they shouldn't. Task should immediately succeed if every 5 supplies have been uploaded into the marker area.

Weird. 5 supplies were definitely there. Must have been a fluke, because I can't recreate it.

On an other note, on the Altis map, I'm experiencing a lot of cars exploding when spawning in nearby cities. I'm at base and keep hearing explosions. When I investigate, I see it is cars that have exploded and that they are all over. There must be at least 10 cars per citizen. Cars spawning inside walls of buildings, on top each other, and buildings are getting destroyed. Almost looks like a town in ruins after a big bombardment. :eh:

I have made a few more tests: what makes you believe that TPW scripts are not working anymore after loading a saved game ? They seem to work on my side, and team switch function as well.

About car explosions: could you confirm the version of OPEX you are playing with ? Maybe it's not perfect yet but I improved vehicle spawn function with last 1.215 update.

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

I have made a few more tests: what makes you believe that TPW scripts are not working anymore after loading a saved game ? They seem to work on my side, and team switch function as well.

About car explosions: could you confirm the version of OPEX you are playing with ? Maybe it's not perfect yet but I improved vehicle spawn function with last 1.215 update.

Cars exploding

I'm using 1.215, but to be sure I downloaded the mission files from your website again. Same result though.

TPW, etc. (save/load issue)

As for TPW (and other scripts)... If it works for you, then something weird is going on, because it shouldn't.

I conferred with TPW about it and the scripts are not being initialized on loading a saved game.

I did two tests. One in a very simple mission I quickly put together, and one with your mission. I tested it with the glasses/HUD as that is the easiest to see.

My simple test uses the TPW scripts. They are initialized in the init.sqf as described in the docs. It works on starting a new mission, but it doesn't when loading a saved game. Only if I put in the "loaded" event.

Using your mission, I used the newly downloaded and unaltered files, started a new mission on Altis, got the glasses, and it works. Then I save the game and loaded the saved game again. Now it doesn't work. Which it shouldn't.

What I've noticed, and that could be confusing, is that when you save the game and load it again, you see what was last shown in TPW, meaning all the TPW tags and numbers is showing on the units. They just don't change nor do they disappear when you remove the glasses. The HUD doesn't show up either.

To be absolutely sure, are you by any chance loading the TPW mod too with any active modules? Because if you are, then that could be the reason why it seems to work for you.

I have two versions of TPW installed. The normal mod version with all modules as I want them, but also a script version, where I've removed the TPW_MODS.bpo file (then I'm sure there is access to the TPW resources without any mods running, as recommended).

Team switch

Team switch does work, but you have a script that runs every time making sure the leaderrole follows the player, no matter what unit the player is controlling (the onTeamSwitch event). That script is not running it seems after load.

After new series of tests:

Car explosions

I can confirm they are less often than previously.

But these explosions are caused by a bad building detection on ArmA II customed maps. I used both BIS_fnc_findSafePos and findEmptyPosition commands but none are 100% reliable. If somone has a more reliable idea, I'm for sure open to any suggestion.

TPW save/load issue

I can confirm TPW air, animals, houselights, soap and hud scripts are perfectly working from my side (the next update of OPEX will include a small tweak to make sure the hud is automatically refreshed after a reload). They are already included into OPEX, so make sure you are not using mod versions at the same time, otherwise it will obviously cause some troubles.

Team switch leader issue

You are right, I have found the issue. It wil be fixed with the next update.

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

After new series of tests:

Car explosions

I can confirm they are less often than previously.

But these explosions are caused by a bad building detection on ArmA II customed maps. I used both BIS_fnc_findSafePos and findEmptyPosition commands but none are 100% reliable. If somone has a more reliable idea, I'm for sure open to any suggestion.

TPW save/load issue

I can confirm TPW air, animals, houselights, soap and hud scripts are perfectly working from my side (the next update of OPEX will include a small tweak to make sure the hud is automatically refreshed after a reload). They are already included into OPEX, so make sure you are not using mod versions at the same time, otherwise it will obviously cause some troubles.

Team switch leader issue

You are right, I have found the issue. It wil be fixed with the next update.

Cars are exploding in the town of Telos on Altis. I know Arma functions are not 100% and this could be a town with specific problems. I don't know, and it is the only town I've seen the problem in so far. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your solution of TPW in the next release. I'm very interested in how you refresh it and make it work.

OPEX has been updated to version 1.216.

Changelog:

• Fixed: player is not teleported anymore to the objective position on task "19 - Find the enemy compound"
  • Fixed: AI teammates specializations are now properly saved
  • Added: wheel action to reset player (it restores main wheel actions - usefull if player persistent data are corrupted, for example after a game crash)
  • Tweaked: compatibility with ACE revive system
  • Tweaked: player AI teammates behaviour after team switching
  • Tweaked: a few other minor things
  • Updated: maximum players amount has been increased to 50
  • Like 3

Hello Gemini,

i read the first page, just for history:

(Multi-Session Operations) from ArmA II (and all successors from ArmA III: Patrol Operations 3, ALiVE...),

Thoses systems were born from warcontext engine that i developed totaly on sqf on arma1 and improve to arma2 on several missions (warcontext, WIT, liberate island, etc.) that give some ideas to autors of MSO/ALIVE/PO that want to build their own and different systems.

more credits for exemple at this page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15526

My own warcontext engine in A1 was born from domination idea that i decide to totaly replace/rebuild with sqf and unscheduled code, and reuse windows menu at this time it was less documented than now.

Hi code34,

I have discovered this kind of missions for the first time with MSO. I didn't know that it was inspired from your missions, sorry.

So thanks for this information, I'm updating the first page right now.

Edit: and so, thank you very much for your creativity, it seems you have inspired many of us :smile_o:

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Hi code34,

I have discovered this kind of missions for the first time with MSO. I didn't know that it was inspired from your missions, sorry.

So thanks for this information, I'm updating the first page right now.

Edit: and so, thank you very much for your creativity, it seems you have inspired many of us :smile_o:

I do not know if I deserve so much honor :) cause PO, and MSO are orginal products with a lot of big and clever stuffs.

It was just a flashback on roots, how things began and to recall that french productions as australian productions going on the same mindset :D

you can find also at this place from 2009

https://github.com/code34/co50_warcontext.chernarus/tree/master/missions

some piece of code that could be familiary with dynamic mission loader :D

• Like 1

OPEX has been updated to version 1.217.

Changelog:

• Fixed: vehicles are now properly reloaded again after a persistent save
  • Fixed: music receiver is working properly again
  • Fixed: speed of AI teammates is normal again

Please note that, as this update modifies the save & load function, it's highly recommended to restart OPEX from scratch. To do that, use the "Reset mission" wheel action attached to the whiteboard into the Tactical Operation Center).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic work! Really enjoying this. You put so much effort into this.

Counter sniper mission is my favorite.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your message, I appreciate !

On 13/10/2017 at 8:20 AM, code34 said:

Thoses systems were born from warcontext engine that i developed totaly on sqf on arma1 and improve to arma2 on several missions (warcontext, WIT, liberate island, etc.) that give some ideas to autors of MSO/ALIVE/PO that want to build their own and different systems.

Sorry @code34 but never heard of your warcontext engine and I've been developing MSO/ALiVE since 2009/2010 (maybe before my time!) Not to take anything away from what you developed! No doubt missions take inspiration from lots of different game modes/missions etc. Dynamic missions etc have been around since the OFP days. Falcon 4.0 dynamic campaigns being one of the early inspirations for many in MSO/ALiVE dev team.

Congrats @Gemini on your new mission!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tupolov said:

Sorry @code34 but never heard of your warcontext engine and I've been developing MSO/ALiVE since 2009/2010 (maybe before my time!) Not to take anything away from what you developed! No doubt missions take inspiration from lots of different game modes/missions etc. Dynamic missions etc have been around since the OFP days. Falcon 4.0 dynamic campaigns being one of the early inspirations for many in MSO/ALiVE dev team.

Congrats @Gemini on your new mission!

I do not want to put your word in doubt, but just a quick search in google into the old archive of mso team

http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/archive/index.php/t-40690.html

it seems you know at least one : war in takistan :) just for memory WC1 was build in 2007.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, code34 said:

I do not want to put your word in doubt, but just a quick search in google into the old archive of mso team

http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/archive/index.php/t-40690.html

it seems you know at least one : war in takistan :) just for memory WC1 was build in 2007.

I think you have your wires crossed. This isn't an archive of the old MSO team. The forum had no official link to MSO other than some AEF members were contributing to or playtesting MSO.  Wolffy advertised MSO with the AEF clan on their forum and some random guest mentioned WIT in response to his post - it wasn't anyone we knew and I doubt anyone paid attention to it. In fact, Wolffy doesn't even respond to the WIT comment, just the question about public server hosting. Not to get into an argument, but I'd never heard of WIT and it never came up in any discussion during MSO or ALiVE's development. Maybe Wolffy and Rommel had heard of it, but it was never mentioned to me. 

Not even sure why this point is important to you. People have been creating dynamic, milsim missions for OFP/Arma since at least 2002 - and many more years before that with other military sims. I doubt anyone can claim credit for the concept of dynamic/persistent missions in Arma, and I'm scratching my head as to why you would try to in this thread.

Gemini certainly doesn't have to give any credit to MSO/ALiVE even if this was part of his motivation. Congrats again on the release :)

• Like 2

it is not important and I have no time to lose to restore the truth. As you know claim that you are at origin off something on arma is painfull. For those who are interest you can check GIT1 , GIT2 and compare with what was mso later.

Anyway good work to you for Alive and good work for Gemini for this mission

• Like 1