Hi Gemini, downloaded the mod this morning and loving it - says a lot about the detail that I wasn't overly upset that I spent the whole morning in-game (SP, with that slight acceleration, from 5am to noon) searching for a downed pilot and couldn't find him.

Would've been good to complete, rather than cancel, my first mission though! Any pointers? Playing on Kunduz, Afghanistan, I checked every building of every compound in the area (and a few outside of it too), zig-zagged up and down the hedgerows, even RTB'd to purchase and put up a Darter, to try and find him on thermal..... nada. Hints and tips greatly appreciated!

Hi Zulu, thank you for this feedback.

As the spawn position is totally random, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to find him. I will think about a way to make it a bit easier. In the meantime, I can only suggest to cancel the mission and restart it.

I've just done my first mission in 1.18, clearing a training camp. Among the bodies there were 4 PKM machinegunners. Of the lot, 1 had an ammo box inside the MG and 2 in his inventory. The remaining 3 had no ammo. I can roleplay around the issue imagining that it's a training camp and noobs don't get ammo right away, but I'm reporting this in case it wasn't intended :).

FYI

Once OFP has been released, d'you think that it will replace R3F and/or JackFrench?

Very immersive mission! Have not managed to pull off a single one yet, always die outnumbered but still quite fun!

A silly question, how do i use teamswitch function? i press u but its just group managment no way to control other AI.

Besides, is there any plan to include AI revive like AIS or sunday revive? I tried myself could not make it work (not very familiar with mission editing any way...)

Lastly, AI cannot enter the tanks and APCs parked in the base. Only one AI driver can get in then everyone else is negative.... They can get in APCs that I bought from delivery. dont know if this is intentional or not

I have two small suggestions.

1. Please enable the console for everybody (=2) in SP

2. Thanks for the TeamSwitch, but it misses a small thing imho. By default when you teamswitch, #1 remains the leader, and in the usual AI way, starts giving dummass commands especially to mess up your game, like telling everyone to disembark from all vehicles, sending someone to someplace, etc. I've been fixing this issue with the following:

onTeamSwitch ( {_group = group _from; _group selectLeader _to;} );

=> on the TeamSwitch event, the leader becomes the new toon to which you switched. I've been using it on mods that don't have it from the console (hence request 1 :) ) with no ill effect that I noticed.

@Gemini

Thank you very much for the new version and the added features. I noticed that you did manage to get an incognito feature implemented and I'm anxious to try it. I've been a bit busy lately and just downloaded the new versions of the missions tonight. I did a quick load of the Taunus version after editing the initserver.sqf file, and was quite happy to find that I didn't need to edit any other files to force real time. Also, thanks for adding a download link for all of the missions in a single rar file. That saves me from having to download each mission in the workshop and then find each mission in my Arma 3 documents folder to edit it. Now I'm off to enjoy a bit of gameplay. :)

On 16/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, domokun said:

Once OFP has been released, d'you think that it will replace R3F and/or JackFrench?

Yes, but we need to wait OFrP is released first :f:

On 16/07/2017 at 8:57 PM, shi4stone said:

A silly question, how do i use teamswitch function? i press u but its just group managment no way to control other AI.

Open the map and select the "Team" section. There should be a "switch" command on every member of your team.

Besides, is there any plan to include AI revive like AIS or sunday revive? I tried myself could not make it work (not very familiar with mission editing any way...)

I will take a look on these scripts.

Lastly, AI cannot enter the tanks and APCs parked in the base. Only one AI driver can get in then everyone else is negative....

What map are you playing on ? Maybe it's because the vehicles are parked too close from each other or from a a map object. It's a limitation due to ArmA's engine, I can suggest to move the vehicle by yourself in a clear area to make AI get in.

17 hours ago, neofit said:

I have two small suggestions.

1. Please enable the console for everybody (=2) in SP

2. Thanks for the TeamSwitch, but it misses a small thing imho. By default when you teamswitch, #1 remains the leader, and in the usual AI way, starts giving dummass commands especially to mess up your game, like telling everyone to disembark from all vehicles, sending someone to someplace, etc. I've been fixing this issue with the following:

=> on the TeamSwitch event, the leader becomes the new toon to which you switched. I've been using it on mods that don't have it from the console (hence request 1 :) ) with no ill effect that I noticed.

1. No I can't, otherwise the console will be available for any player in MP. But at this time, it is set to "1", wich means that it should be available in SP and for server admin in MP.

2. Thank you for the suggestion, I will take a look on it.

51 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yes, but we need to wait OFrP is released first :f:

Open the map and select the "Team" section. There should be a "switch" command on every member of your team.

I will take a look on these scripts.

What map are you playing on ? Maybe it's because the vehicles are parked too close from each other or from a a map object. It's a limitation due to ArmA's engine, I can suggest to move the vehicle by yourself in a clear area to make AI get in.

1. No I can't, otherwise the console will be available for any player in MP. But at this time, it is set to "1", wich means that it should be available in SP and for server admin in MP.

2. Thank you for the suggestion, I will take a look on it.

Very very interesting, Great idea neofit.

On 19/07/2017 at 11:12 AM, Gemini said:

I saw it is 1, and it is not available in SP unfortunately. Maybe if one is logged in into Windows as "Administrator", but I am too lazy to check, and anyway nobody logs in as Administrator to play.

I was thinking about something like:     if (isMultiplayer) then =1 else =2

(unless isMultiplayer is broken as well :) )

On 19/07/2017 at 0:03 PM, Danilik said:

Very very interesting, Great idea neofit.

Full disclosure: I found it on the net.

1 hour ago, neofit said:

I was thinking about something like:     if (isMultiplayer) then =1 else =2

As far as I know, you can't write scripting commands into the description.ext file.

Ayway...

1 hour ago, neofit said:

I saw it is 1, and it is not available in SP unfortunately. Maybe if one is logged in into Windows as "Administrator", but I am too lazy to check, and anyway nobody logs in as Administrator to play.

Check that page "1 - Available in SP and for hosts / logged in admins in MP"  :smile_o: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Check that page "1 - Available in SP and for hosts / logged in admins in MP"  :smile_o: 

I know what it says, yet I don't have it in OPEX in SP until I change the =1 to =2. Just like you have to specifically set "enableTeamSwitch true;", even though the same docs claim that it is enabled by default.

If enableDebugConsole = 1; isn't working in SP, select the option in the general editor settings and see if it sticks (it's hidden in one of the general editor dropdowns).

In my own missions, I use the code AND the dropdown just to be safe. And it works for me in SP and in MP.

And to the poster above, if hosting locally on your own PC using the host your own server option, you're automatically considered the Admin by default.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If enableDebugConsole = 1; isn't working in SP, select the option in the general editor settings and see if it sticks (it's hidden in one of the general editor dropdowns).

In my own missions, I use the code AND the dropdown just to be safe. And it works for me in SP and in MP.

Thank you for the tip, I will do so.

Edit: in fact, it's already the case, this option is the one by default into the editor. But neofit is right, the debug console doesn't appear in SP scenarios.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

And to the poster above, if hosting locally on your own PC using the host your own server option, you're automatically considered the Admin by default.

Probably, but we are talking about SP here.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:38 PM, neofit said:

Huh? This quote is from you.

Anyway, enableDebugConsole 1; with also doing the editor general settings dropdown changes, will work for both SP and MP, which is why I posted to begin with.

Debug console needs to work in SP and MP in my missions so I posted my own personal solution.

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Huh? This quote is from you.

And, quoting you:

23 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

"Hosting locally" has nothing to do with SP, which we are discussing.

27 minutes ago, neofit said:

And, quoting you:

"Hosting locally" has nothing to do with SP, which we are discussing.

Dude seriously do I need to quote you again? Anyway, my post is very relevant to debug console working in SP because BI changed how it works by default (it used to work automatically in SP, now it needs to be executed by the mission maker).

I fail to see why you keep harping on this so please let's just drop it. If you don't see how my post was relevant to the topic at hand, and especially to your quote about nobody logging in as "administrator," by now nothing I could possibly say would convince you anyway.

@Gemini if it's still not showing up in SP, try moving the init code around (I'd try adding it at the bottom. Maybe even with a sleep command worst case. I personally place it very first in my init.sqf but I'm guessing another script init is breaking it here).

One of the other scripts you're using is definitely interfering with the debug console init. The solution I posted does work, which I'm sure of, so without you troubleshooting what's breaking it by removing scripts one by one, I'd personally try changing when debug console inits.

Worth a shot!

"Open the map and select the "Team" section. There should be a "switch" command on every member of your team."

I don.'t have switch command .  ???

7 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I fail to see why you keep harping on this so please let's just drop it. If you don't see how my post was relevant to the topic at hand, and especially to your quote about nobody logging in as "administrator," by now nothing I could possibly say would convince you anyway.

Whatever, if you keep pressing that me wondering whether logging as Administrator into Windows will show the console in SP has anything to do with your response about hosting locally, then we can agree on one thing, let's just drop it.

6 hours ago, Danilik said:

"Open the map and select the "Team" section. There should be a "switch" command on every member of your team."

I don.'t have switch command .  ???

You have many options to switch to a teammate:

bbb.jpg

Just hitting F2 to select #2 should open the action menu with the option to "Switch to unit 2". Or, on the map:

aaa.jpg

If you don't have any of those, you are probably somehow not playing with the latest version. You are taking it from the Steam Workshop and starting it from "Singleplayer > Scenarios" menu, aren't you?

• Like 1

As I've mentioned recently, I've been playing on the Taunus map and I have the time multiplier disabled so that I can play in real time.  I've played a good bit lately with the latest version and I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a problem with transport helicopters not taking off within a reasonable amount of time? This has happened a few times lately, starting with the previous version and now with the latest version. Most recently, with the latest version, I chose the attack the training camp mission and then recruited and outfitted a team of eight. I called for transport and when the chopper arrived, I had my team board and then boarded myself. When the map popped up, I picked an LZ about 1 km from the camp. The map closed and the chopper just sat there without taking off. I enabled 4X time acceleration and waited a few minutes but the chopper still wouldn't take off. I disembarked my team and then recruited a pilot and went to the helipads and had the pilot fly us to the LZ in an NH90. When we left the base, the default transport helicopter was still on the ground. I had the pilot take a meandering course to the LZ so that I could scout some other areas on the way. It probably took us twenty minutes to finally reach the LZ and just as we got there, the default transport chopper was approaching the LZ. It quickly touched down and then flew away again. By my calculations, it probably took 20 minutes before the transport chopper ever left the base. Has anyone else encountered this?

The assault went successfully and we wiped out all opposition within the target zone but a familiar problem that I and a few others have reported, then came into play. The task would not trigger as being completed. I checked every building thoroughly and swept the whole target area with my team in a line formation, several times. We found and eliminated one more enemy but the task still wouldn't complete. The camp was in an area that was somewhat remote but only thinly forested on two sides and with open fields on the other two. I had the pilot pick up two of my squad members to act as door gunners and then had them repeatedly fly around the area. They engaged a few enemies that were coming in from areas outside of the target zone but the task still wouldn't complete. Each time a new version of the mission is released or I restart, I start with the attack the training camp mission. In the last three attempts, I've managed to get the task to complete one time and it took a lot of waiting. On that occasion, a friendly patrol moved into the area and engaged some enemies outside the target area. After the shooting stopped, I got a task complete mission. I've also never been able to complete the eliminate the enemy sniper mission. I've tried it several times and have never been able to find the sniper, even after exhaustive sweeps of the area. That leads me to believe that either the vanilla AI or perhaps AI mods (I use bCombat) are causing some enemies to flee or relocate from the combat area and preventing the tasks from being completed because they aren't being eliminated. Is anyone else that's having problems with tasks not completing, using AI mods as well? I know for certain that ASR AI will cause enemies to relocate if they hear combat taking place outside of their assigned zones, so I don't use that. I honestly hate to play the game without AI mods, because while they aren't perfect, they are much improved over the vanilla AI, which can be fairly awful at times. I'm curious to know that if an enemy combatant leaves the target area, if he can then be stricken from the number of enemies that it's required to eliminate to complete a task?

Other than those two issues, the mission is playing beautifully. I checked out the OFrP trailer and I'm really looking forward to those assets being added to the mission. It should be epic!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neofit said:

You have many options to switch to a teammate:

bbb.jpg

Just hitting F2 to select #2 should open the action menu with the option to "Switch to unit 2". Or, on the map:

aaa.jpg

If you don't have any of those, you are probably somehow not playing with the latest version. You are taking it from the Steam Workshop and starting it from "Singleplayer > Scenarios" menu, aren't you?

Ops , Launch multiplayer mode, in singleplayer is ok, but is impossible to implement in multiplayer ?