OPEX has been updated to version 1.15.

Changelog:

• Fixed: no object/unit/vehicle are deleted anymore in the HQ
  • Fixed: civilian people script was broken
  • Fixed: civilian vehicle explosion when spawning should now be rare
  • Fixed: friendly AI patrols managed by HC command are not disabled/deleted anymore when player is too far
  • Fixed: task "02: Search and destroy an enemy artillery battery" is not created anymore outside map radius
  • Fixed: action to put weapon on back is not be available anymore when player is inside a vehicle
  • Improved: AI speed reaction for spotting
  • Removed: R3F towing script
  • Added: Seth Duda's advanced towing scripts
  • Added: ambient civilian and friendly boat activities
  • Added: ambient enemy bivouacs
  • Added: it is now possible to sell vehicles at the delivery center
  • Added: new custom poster ;)
  • Updated: it is now possible to drag any dead/injured body (thanks again to BangaBob for its script)
  • Updated: AI units & squads enlisting / demobilizing actions
  • Updated: new starting time for more realistic dawn and dusk
  • Updated: thirst, hunger and tiredness limits now depends on the map region
  • Updated: a few other things
  • Updated: donaters list (big thanks to Nicholas.Bell !)

As you can see, it includes many features that have been requested my the community. I hope you'll enjoy this new version !

• Like 5

gemini thanks for the fix, now we found civilians and the vehicles are not despawning from the base but the IAs in base they keep to disappear.

Also the civilian vehicles spawn in map in very weird locations and they die in explosions. We had 9 civilians died in 15 minutes and we were already out of money even before starting the first mission and leaving the base (this happened on taunus)

@Gemini

Thanks for the update and the fixes and additions.  I'm looking forward to playing this new version and trying out the new goodies but unfortunately it's going to have to wait another week or so until I get my video card back from EVGA. Darn!

• Like 1

This is a nice product, we tested it and there's a lot of interesting and creative features.

However, the fact that R3F assets are mandatory can be blocking. I understand you need french looking assets, definitely. But I hope not being the only one who would be hardly seduced by a potential "R3F free version" with Vanilla units then most of french teams can use their personal team assets, and also upcoming OFrP ArmA III ressources :) 

Mais sinon, c'est vraiment top, bravo ! 

PS : I saw Lythium will be the next map for OPEX. This is a very good choice, thank you in advance and good luck for that.

• Like 1

@magicbus 9

I think it's because some buildings on customed map doesn't seem to be detected by ArmA III 's engine. I'm still working on it but unfortunately I still didn't find a 100% reliable way to spawn civilian vehicles.

@GSRI_Calden

Merci beaucoup !

Units, vehicles and weapons used in OPEX can be customized by editing files into the "custom___addons" folder of the mission. But I already planned to replace R3F by OFrP when it will be released.

And yes, Lythium should be the next map supported !

@Everybody

I hope this time is the good one: disappearing problem in the HQ should now be really fixed. I have updated OPEX to version 1.151. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

OPEX has been updated to version 1.152.

Changelog:

• Fixed: dispawn problem in the HQ should be finally fixed (again, I apologize about the inconvenience)
  • Updated: map center and map radius are now better detected, there shouldn't be task outside map limits anymore
  • Like 1

For those who might be interested in, I will be live on Twitch this Thursday from 4:00 pm UTC/GMT (18:00 for French people) to start porting OPEX to Lythium map ! So you will be able to ask any question you may have and participate in the installation of the main FOB :smile_o:

(The live will be probably mainly in French but I'll do my best to answer English speaking people too.)

• Like 2

@Gemini

Can you give those of us that were unable to participate, an overview of what was discussed in the Twitch discussion? I'm just curious to know what was discussed and if anything new is in the works other than the Lythium map port.

BTW, I got my replacement graphics card from EVGA, so I'm ready to get back to OPEX. That does bring up a question though. When the mission is updated, is it necessary to restart from the beginning after each update? I've always restarted, which can be a bit frustrating to lose all of that progress, but if it's not necessary to restart, without losing new features, that would be great.

***edit***

Damn, I spoke too soon! The new card is defective. Off it goes on the return trip to EVGA! I guess I'll get back into A3 eventually. :(

• Like 1

Hi scimitar,

Sorry about your defective card, I know how much it's frustrating.

To be honest I don't know how ArmA saves are working in details. For sure, it's probably better to restart the mission but maybe fixes are applied also on loaded games. Anyway, I don't know how to workaround this at this time.

Twitch lives were very interesting to get players feelings about OPEX. But the main goal was to make community participate in building the HQ on Lythium, and I have to say that some very interesting ideas have been submited ! Now I'm working offline to go faster because there's still a few work to do and everybody seems to be very excited about this new version.

Anyways, let's stay all of us in touch to optimize OPEX experience as much as possible !

• Like 1

Hi all !

OPEX has been updated to version 1.16 ! It mainly introduces the support of Lythium map !

Here is the full changelog :

• New compatible map: Lythium (Afghanistan)
  • Added: Zeus can now be activated in mission parameters (be aware, it's a beta test and only recommended for expert users - it may cause unexpected troubles like dispawning units - please report them back if it happens)
  • Added: new parameter in MP to select who is authorized to manage tasks (admin / team leaders / everybody)
  • Added: new customed ambience textures
  • Added: new panel to thank OPEX reviewers and helpers
  • Added: push-up and squat actions into fitness center (it doesn't bring anything, it's just for fun)
  • Fixed: primary needs action is not disappearing anymore after respawn
  • Fixed: having rest is now possible on Taunus version
  • Fixed: mobile HQ is not dispawning enemies anymore
  • Fixed: customed pictures should now be displayed properly to every clients in MP
  • Fixed: spelling mistake in French for "dormitory" (shame on me)
  • Tweaked: conditions to allow dragging of wounded units 
  • Tweaked: conditions to allow shouting on civilians
  • Updated: HQ mapping
  • Updated: boxes in the armoury are now also containing gear for divers and pilots
  • Updated: donaters list (big thanks to Terzi !)

Special thanks to those who have participated on my Twitch channel: it was very interesting to get your feedbacks in live ! The main HQ in Lythium is a bit yours now !

Enjoy !

• Like 5

Is there any way to allow user actions in this mission? I seem to be unable to use the enhanced movement mod actions/earplug mod when running this mission.

On another note, truly one of the best missions I've played in Arma. Fantastic work!

• Like 1

Thank you for your message.

It's strange, I made some test with Enhanced Movement mod and it worked fine. There's not reason this mod would not work with OPEX. Maybe there's a conflict between a few keys, did you try to remap them ?

Hmm odd, it works in all other missions using the identical modset that we have tried. On an other note, I've noticed that the FATA version of the mission runs normal, but the Lythium version throws an error that mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item2/Entities/Item145/type: Vehicle class Land_PicnicTable_01_F no longer exists. It seems to do this for all other versions of the mission apart from the FATA terrain one. Is it dependent on any Apex content perchance?

As for the key remapping, haven't tried that. However, I have noticed that for the earplug mod the context option (usually part of scroll menu) does not appear in the FATA version of the mission either.

Yes this error message is due to APEX that is missing.

• Like 1

Hi Gemini,

Big thank you for the Lythium update, it's definitely my favorite map to roam atm.

I was just wondering for the random tasks, Is there any way to receive them while out in the field? 

Or is it simply just randomizing the ones listed, and therefor only obtainable when you're in the Tactical Operation Center?

Edit: Also a small thing I noticed, a number of the ambient soldier animations around the base on the Lythium map seem to be bugged, not an issue at all but I know you put alot of effort into detail :)

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback Remy, I appreciate.

Yes, the random parameter is for randomly selecting a task from the list below.

And yes, I know that some animations are weird. Unfortunately the BIS_fnc_ambientAnim command is not always working as it should be in MP and I'm still looking for a perfect workaround.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thank you for your message.

It's strange, I made some test with Enhanced Movement mod and it worked fine. There's not reason this mod would not work with OPEX. Maybe there's a conflict between a few keys, did you try to remap them ?

I also use the Enhanced Movement mod and I've noticed that it works when I first start the mission but after a short period of time it quits working. I have no idea what could be causing it but I wonder if something could be getting initiated at some point after the mission has started that's causing a conflict.

OPEX has been updated to version 1.17.

Changelog:

• Fixed: empty vehicles and AI ambient units should not be hidden anymore at startup on dedicated servers with persistent mode enabled
  • Added: dynamic group manager (BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups): press the U key (default) to join/leave/invite any other player
  • Added: MP parameter to activate/deactivate ambient civilian parked cars (default: activated)
  • Tweaked: conditions to allow dragging of wounded/dead units
  • Updated: ambient boats are now disabled on Lythium map (because this map has too small water areas)
  • Updated: brightness of some pictures
  • Like 3

Hey Gemini, so I've gotten Arma III Apex and can now run the non-FATA map versions of your scenario! I've done some more testing in regards to the mod comparability (enhanced movement and earplugs) and I can confirm it works on all versions of the scenario EXCEPT the FATA version. Don't know what's different about that particular scenario in comparison to the other 4, but it prevents the use of the Enhanced movement/earplug/other mods. I suspect that it may be due to something removing the user actions in that particular scenario? 
Thanks again for your hard work.

• Like 1

It' s a very nice mission and in my opinion , actually the best so far in PR Fata !

Unique enviroment .

• Like 2

I am playing in SP and was having a lot of fun during my first mission, discovering all the things I can do. I was missing the Team Switch feature ("enableTeamSwitch true;" + "playable" on each teammate) though, it's a huge PITA to have a teammate pick something up or to rearm. BTW on my way back from the first mission I was really worried as to how I will rearm them back at the base. Some saved loadouts like in Arsenal would be great. Then, in the morning, I figured all my team mates got stuck inside the dormitory building and I could find no way to get them out. Now the Team Switch feature became a must :).

• Like 1

Downloaded this yesterday and I am very impressed with this mission. Amazing job making this. 

However I found few things I would like to say.

1) Persistent savegame would be a great addition,

2) Cities and roads feel deserted. In large cities in Altis or Tanoa there are a just a few civilians and couple of parked cars. It would be great if there would be more life to the environment such as animals, more civilians, driving cars. 

Also, I have played a bit but I haven't found any IED's. There is also no mission such as IED disposal. Either I am missing something or is it not implemented fully?

• Like 2

@aarnoman @GEORGE FLOROS GR @neofit @nikssims

Thanks you very much dudes for your very positive messages and for these feedbacks ! I will try to reply to every question.

@aarnoman

Thanks for the confirmation that other maps are working well. It's extremely strange, each script used in OPEX in exactly the same for every map version. I will try ton investigate deeper on this but at this time I have no idea what could be the reason of this trouble.

@GEORGE FLOROS GR

Thanks again buddy. Did you try the other versions ? There are different maps for different ambiences. :smile_o:

@neofit

To go faster, you can sell back your teammates and buy new ones at the delivery area. The cost should be the same so you won't waste money.

I have already implemented a function for stuck AI units: select it (Fx keys) and use the "reset position" action via the action radio menu (6).

Anyway, I understand your point of view, managing AI units could sometimes be a real pain. I will activate the team switch feature for SP in the next update.

@nikssims

1) The saving system in ArmA is a real pain, unfortunately. And at this time, even if your request is totally suitable, I don't have enough knowledge to develop it. I will try to learn much more about it but until I find how to implement it in OPEX, you'll have to deal with the default ArmA saving system. But any suggestion and/or help would be welcome !

2) It's a chose to not implement civilian drivers because the AI in ArmA is a very poor driver, it would deteriorate the ambience. Anyway I will update the mission parameters to let players set the ambient civilian density. By default, I tried to set it up to be smooth for any computer.

3) I can confirm there are IEDs. I just tried to set it up to be realist: don't you think it would be annoying to find IEDs every 2 minutes ? Anyway, I will also update mission parameters to let players select the frequency of spawing.

• Like 3

Hey again Gemini, it's really nice seeing you interact with the community so much, and updating the mission at an impressive rate!

Are you open to suggestions regarding the mission? I have a few I can think off, but am aware that unsolicited suggestions may be unwelcome.

Either way thank you for your hard work, this is by far the most impressive Arma 3 mission I've come across, and will be used in my community for a long time to come. 

• Like 2