DSabre

Civil Aviation

Hi ! I love your work! It make me Arma 3 more funny. Do you think that you can convert more civil aircrafts in the future ? I know that it is not easy but Helijah has really nice cessna 421, Caravan, pa 28, Beech c 18 and more like this. I can convert only to GTA SA :D Great work! Good luck :)

Thank you. Yes I will add more civilian aircraft in future, can't tell you which yet though. Quite probably the Caravan at some time

• Like 1

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

v 1.3

added Douglas Dolphin
added Ford Trimotor
added Couzinet 70

(The An22 still turns horribly slow. Nothing I do in the flightmodel does any real change to it : /)

• Like 5

v 1.4

added S6B
added M.C.72
moved C2a to mil avi

655,8 km/h (1931)

709,2 km/h (1934)  - record still stands today (for propeller driven seaplanes)

Reduce the WAVES on the map to 0 when attempting to take off from water.

With the high speeds involved you won't make it if there are any waves at all.

• Like 3

Could you add some higher quality and more modern civilian aircraft in the future? For example, I liked dezkit's Embraer ERJ-135 (originally from Project Opensky), except it had some issues, like bugged landing gear wheel texture, too high takeoff/landing speed and taking damage too easily from landing if the touchdown isn't really smooth.

It would be really nice if you could continue dezkit's work on that aircraft or work on other Project Opensky aircraft, as I think those are a bit higher quality than Helijah Flightgear aircraft.

v 1.45

added D.H.88 Comet
added work in progress aircrane (unfinished)

• Like 2

Great work so far, especially for the civilian planes!

But is there any way to make those waterplanes work in multiplayer/on a server? As far as i tried, you are able to land/start on water without trouble in singleplayer, but when you try this on a server they sink like a stone. Has anyone a solution for this problem?

ty : )

that's strange. the seaplanes used to work on my server. can anyone confirm?

26C9A3BE3AF0752BEBD1A27A9278AA49C510233A

I have added a modified 737. I added some winglets and different engines.

The engines are slightly ugly still. Maybe I will be able to make another version sometime with my newly aquired blender skills . P

• Like 4

sab_robindr400 cant get into it on the RC branch

9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing driver get in direction point
 9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing driver get in direction point
 9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing cargo get in direction point
 9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing cargo get in direction point
 9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing gunner get in direction point
 9:23:07 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

All the points are there and defined in model and in config. You can actually get in and out. Nothing I know of that I can do about those messages

(meanwhile found out this error comes from defining those points not once only but twice or more)

Any thoughts on medium sized civil aircraft with STOL / unpaved airfield capabilities? Examples being: Pilatus PC-24, Bombardier Dash 8, ATR 42/72 or  the Dornier 328? They'd be particularly useful on all Arma 3 airfields, especially Tanoa. Just spinning some ideas. I especially love your work on the Dornier 228. Keep up the great work. Thanks! 

Pilatus PC-24: 

p18qlf07if1m2e1o3n14e61avsvk27.jpg 

Bombardier Dash 8 Q200: 

Lord-Howe-Island-strip.jpg

ATR 72-600: 

ATRPNGAIR_POM_OCT25.jpg 

Dornier 328: 

Dornier+328+%231.jpg

• Like 2

On 16/03/2017 at 3:55 PM, [Dust]Sabre said:

All the points are there and defined in model and in config. You can actually get in and out. Nothing I know of that I can do about those messages

The issue is you can't get in the vehicle as there is no get-in option you can however script to put you inside it but that not right

Tested with A3 1.68 and only 2 addons sab_aircraftlib.pbo and sab_robindr400.pbo
http://i.imgur.com/kSGWTVO.jpg

Might be related, the get-in and get-in-dir memory points for the SU-35 was not on the ground and no one could get in after 1.68 update. I lowered it to the ground level and now it works again. Might be the same core issue.

the points are defined and it did work up to the last time I flew it. I can check what Tetet suggested, only thing I can think of...

My points were about 1m to 50cm above ground. I lowered them and now it works again. Thx Tetet.

Of course I still get this in the log which I get since day 1:

16:54:42 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing driver get in direction point
16:54:42 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing driver get in direction point
16:54:42 In Vehicle: sab_robindr400\robindr400.p3d missing driver get in direction point...

those updates and changes of rules sure keep us busy

(meanwhile I found out that this error comes not from a missing get in point, but instead from if there is more than one point.

Also BIS had removed the default getinradius value for the base plane class. So now we have to define it again for our planes. It can not be inherited anymore. Use someting like getinradius=5;)

• Like 1

v 2.0

-fixed some of the issues caused by Arma Update 1.78 
-removed dependencies
-all planes are now standalone (each pbo is self sufficient)
-a few planes did not make it: ct70, dhc3, dolphin, fk9, l19, mc72 and s6b

• Like 3