Azza FHI

Blood Lust LITE - Blood Effects for SP and MP

79cmxJb.png

All credit and thanks goes to Zooloo75 for his original mod and giving permission to share this edited version.

DOWNLOAD

Mediafire

Steam Workshop

Armaholic - coming soon

Dependencies

- CBA

Features

- Optimised for multiplayer environment

- No gibbing or changes to character models

- Activation via module in editor

- Removed configuration system, all options are in the module

Warning: With cleanup activated you should not experience much of a performance hit unless you put an unnecessary amount of lead into a unit. This will create excess blood effects and will result in loss of frames.

All licensing and permissions as per the original mod found here 

Changelog

V1

- Initial Release

V2

- Added optional pbo for automatic activation for use in any scenario (steam workshop version has the pbo in main addons folder, remove if necessary)

ENJOY!

Wesh1gy.jpg

• Like 6

Going to have a look at this for sure!

Also with the warning about putting too much lead into a bloke? Whats the go if I drop a GBU on him? Does that count as putting too much lead into bloke?  

Going to have a look at this for sure!

Also with the warning about putting too much lead into a bloke? Whats the go if I drop a GBU on him? Does that count as putting too much lead into bloke?  

Explosions are handled differently, its based off the amount of damage taken from an explosion. This is what used to happen if a unit was killed by a demo charge or bigger, which had massive fps loss when looking straight at the crime seen. Now there is a maximum value so this should not happen.

N8etZ1i.jpg

• Like 1

Strewth that guy got a fuckin beating haha. So from the sounds of it dropping a GBU on a squad is a bad idea FPS wise. 

nah it should be fine, there wont be much blood effects from each unit as i fixed the issue above. but if you do it to 100 AI in one spot, the effects will compound and you will probably see and FPS drop. just trial and error it to find the balance.

do you mean -your LITE version by default pre configurated for maximum  perfomance ?

Very welcome, thank you !

EDIT : is there a way to enable the module / configure it in a sqf(or hpp) directly in the mission files instead of using the module ? Or maybe with a server side userconfig ?

This will work in mission init.sqf
Activate the mod:

BloodLust_InitUnit =
{
   _unit = _this select 0;
   [_unit] call BloodLust_AddUnitEventHandlers;
};

BloodLust_OnUnitRespawn =
{
   _unit = _this select 0;
   _corpse = _this select 1;
   [_unit] remoteExec ["BloodLust_AddUnitEventHandlers"];
};

BloodLust_AddUnitEventHandlers =
{
   _unit = _this select 0;
   _unit addEventHandler ["Fired",
   {
       _this call BloodLust_OnUnitFired;
   }];
   _unit addEventHandler ["HitPart",
   {
       _this remoteExec ["BloodLust_OnUnitHitPart"];
   }];
   _unit addEventHandler ["Explosion",
   {
       _this remoteExec ["BloodLust_OnUnitExplosion"];

}];
};

The module has level of gore. you can change the multiplier without the module by change this variable. default is 1
bloodlustLITE_bloodmultiplier = 4; 

to enable cleanup
execVM "BloodSplatter\Scripts\Cleanup.sqf";

This will work in mission init.sqf

Awesome ! Thanks a lot  :wub:

Very welcome, thank you !

EDIT : is there a way to enable the module / configure it in a sqf(or hpp) directly in the mission files instead of using the module ? Or maybe with a server side userconfig ?

a newbie question, why do you prefer to do it in that way?

If you can configure it in a sqf or other form outside of a module it makes the mission not dependent on the mod. So if later down the line you want to remove Bloodlust or a different version comes out that is different altogether your missions are broken. Also if you publish the mission on the steam workshop people dont have to download Bloodlust as part of the mandatory addons.

Thanks rekkless!
So in this case the mod needs to be installed only to server and the rest are handled by the mision init.sqf file and nobody else needs to download the mod? :) That sounds nice

In my particular case, some game masters in my communities are newbies, the last modules they have to place, the better it is  :lol:

Thanks rekkless!

So in this case the mod needs to be installed only to server and the rest are handled by the mision init.sqf file and nobody else needs to download the mod? :) That sounds nice

The mod needs to be installed on client and server. 

Updated first post with new version

the new optional pbo replaced any need for mission side init code

the new optional pbo replaced any need for mission side init code

Sorry but what do you mean with v2 change?

Added optional pbo for automatic activation for use in any scenario (steam workshop version has the pbo in main addons folder, remove if necessary)

I didn't quite understand it :(

read two post above...

Good idea Foxhound, even if I would have defaulted it and set an optionnal disable pbo. If ones want to disable it in a specific mission. If you install the pbo, then you wan't it.  :ph34r: