ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

It's a known issue, should be fixed in next stable release (already fixed in dev).

Hi, is it possible to use a Radio not in our inventory ? For exemple, a radio in the backpack of a teammate, of on a table ?

Would be great for commander to have 2 PRC117 on speaker and different frequency

• Like 1

Hi, is it possible to use a Radio not in our inventory ? For exemple, a radio in the backpack of a teammate, of on a table ?

Would be great for commander to have 2 PRC117 on speaker and different frequency

This was a feature for ACRE1 in Arma 2 wher eyou could use the radio in the backpack of a team-mate or one in a vehicle. At present ACRE2 does not support this, For now the solution is to give the commander a big enough backpack that fits 2x 117Fs

• Like 1

I asked about this in the Iron Front A3 LITE thread, but haven't got a helpful response yet: how do I use ACRE radios with the radio backpacks in IFA3 LITE? I was told that I need to use the optional ACRE compatibility file, but there is no such file to speak of included in IFA3's download. Anyone know where this file is located?

Suggestion: Background engine noise in vehicles

Hello dear ACRE team,

Thanks a lot for the great mod! I've had an idea going around my head for some time: could it be possible to lay a background noise behind transmissions of vehicle crews to reflect the humming of engines? The optimum would be to have different sounds for big diesel combustion engines in ground vehicles and the pitching scream of aviation gas turbines. I'm not sure if you would hear anything specific when broadcasting out of a boat but if yes taking it into consideration would be nice.

In my opinion there are not many things which can still be improved in ACRE but this is one of them which would give it a clear advantage in realism above other radio simulations.

Thanks for reading

Hello!

We've been having some issues lately with 30-40 player coops.

Basically our comms seem to randomly break down during a mission.

We add radios with addItem and addItemToBackpack.

We get quite a few of these in the server .rpt:

- 22:58:12 13136.5 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_74)

- 19:45:31 1575.62 ACRE WARNING: Id object relation created independently of unique ID creation process (acre_prc343_id_8)

- 21:15:51 8765.19 ACRE Warning: Radio ID acre_prc343_id_38 was returned for a non-existent baseclass (ACRE_PRC343) in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID: ["ACE_VectorDay","hlc_rifle_osw_GL","ACE_CableTie","ACE_Flashlight_XL50","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_morphine","ACE_tourniquet","ACRE_PRC343_ID_5",
"ACE_MapTools","ACRE_PRC152_ID_1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadioAcreFlagged","ACE_VectorDay"]

The number of warnings regarding ACRE2 in the server .rpt was up to over 11k for the latest mission.

We really like ACRE2, anyone have any idea what our issues are all about? Is it just us?

• Like 1

Suggestion: Background engine noise in vehicles

Hello dear ACRE team,

Thanks a lot for the great mod! I've had an idea going around my head for some time: could it be possible to lay a background noise behind transmissions of vehicle crews to reflect the humming of engines? The optimum would be to have different sounds for big diesel combustion engines in ground vehicles and the pitching scream of aviation gas turbines. I'm not sure if you would hear anything specific when broadcasting out of a boat but if yes taking it into consideration would be nice.

In my opinion there are not many things which can still be improved in ACRE but this is one of them which would give it a clear advantage in realism above other radio simulations.

Thanks for reading

very often you do not hear this IRL either. Especially not with an aircraft.

Not in these moderndays anyway.

Hello!

- 22:58:12 13136.5 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_74)

- 19:45:31 1575.62 ACRE WARNING: Id object relation created independently of unique ID creation process (acre_prc343_id_8)

- 21:15:51 8765.19 ACRE Warning: Radio ID acre_prc343_id_38 was returned for a non-existent baseclass (ACRE_PRC343) in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID: ["ACE_VectorDay","hlc_rifle_osw_GL","ACE_CableTie","ACE_Flashlight_XL50","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_morphine","ACE_tourniquet","ACRE_PRC343_ID_5",

"ACE_MapTools","ACRE_PRC152_ID_1","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadioAcreFlagged","ACE_VectorDay"]

The number of warnings regarding ACRE2 in the server .rpt was up to over 11k for the latest mission.

We really like ACRE2, anyone have any idea what our issues are all about? Is it just us?

Could you share one of your gear scripts? I think you are adding radios with IDs which you cannot do or it will cause errors.

We're not adding radios with IDs.

ACRE2 classnames are being stored in a local variable and then added with addItem and addItemToBackpack.

Basically this:

_PRR = "ACRE_PRC343"

_p addItem _PRR;

The gear script distributes everything, including radios, perfectly without errors.

It's just that our radios will break down during a mission.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

We are seeing this occasionally as well.

We've stopped including radios in any loadouts all together since this was happening from time to time and usually deploy a custom crate containing radios and a few other things that players will run up to instead.

This still happens tho, either in a way that suddenly it breaks mid-transmission or that the transmission starts late, or that the transmission is all together canceled. Trying to send again almost always works.

I've recorded at what times this happen that I can hear and they line up fairly perfect with the errors in our server rpt's.

Hello!

- 19:45:31 1575.62 ACRE WARNING: Id object relation created independently of unique ID creation process (acre_prc343_id_8)

- 21:15:51 8765.19 ACRE Warning: Radio ID acre_prc343_id_38 was returned for a non-existent baseclass (ACRE_PRC343) in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID: ["ACE_VectorDay","hlc_rifle_osw_GL","ACE_CableTie","ACE_Flashlight_XL50","ACE_fieldDressing","ACE_packingBandage","ACE_morphine","ACE_tourniquet","ACRE_PRC343_ID_5",

Usually I'd ask you to create a ticket on our bug tracker but unfortunately it's down for now. For now feel free to PM the complete server rpt (client RPT would be helpful too), and ideally the mission file. The next version will already have some improvements to the unique ID system that may help.

http://imgur.com/9jH3VEn

http://imgur.com/TzeR8y0

Why are both of these the same?

Should the example for PTT be:

[.05] acre_api_fnc_setPTTDelay;

They are both the same because an error was made, and that's correct the example should be what you suggest.

Usually I'd ask you to create a ticket on our bug tracker but unfortunately it's down for now. For now feel free to PM the complete server rpt (client RPT would be helpful too), and ideally the mission file. The next version will already have some improvements to the unique ID system that may help.

They are both the same because an error was made, and that's correct the example should be what you suggest.

If we didn't have this in the init before and we put it in would it change anything? .05 is default right?

If we didn't have this in the init before and we put it in would it change anything? .05 is default right?

The default value for PTT Delay is 0.2 (200 milliseconds). So that would shorten it.

ACRE2 Release 2.3.0

Open sourcing

With this release ACRE2 is now officially an open source project. ACRE2's source is now available on GitHub under the GNU-GPL3 license. The entire project is open sourced including the C++ extensions and TeamSpeak plugins. Anyone is welcome to fork the project as long as conditions of the license are met. Everyone is also welcome to contribute and create pull requests to the project as long as they follow the coding standards.

5bzj8ar.jpg

Documentation

As part of going open-source we have overhauled our documentation to take advantage of Jekyll for our documentation. The new documentation system can now be found here.

tXFPURO.jpg

New Radio - SEM52SL

This release also brings the German SEM52SL into ACRE. You can read up all about the SEM52SL here.

2mIlIYR.jpg

Under the hood

Significant tweaks have been to the ACRE codebase including switching to various CBA frameworks and updated methodologies. Part of this has included shifting the client side settings that were formerly set in the teamspeak plugin into the CBA framework settings. These are now accessible in-game via Options->Game->Configure Addons

biiTNMd.jpg

Slack

ACRE2's development slack is also now open to the public. It is the best place to be if you want to get involved or catch up with the latest with what is happening with ACRE2. It is also the only place to get official access and support to the development versions of ACRE2. You can join the slack by using our slack-in.

xuQi1rV.jpg

Complete changelog

Please see the changelog at - https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/releases/tag/v2.3.0.926

Download V2.3.0.926 from GitHub

• Like 20

A quick english tutorial video on the SEM52SL on this wonderful radio that Raspu modelled :D

• Like 9

great!!!

Thank you very much for the update and for this "[Tweak] Gear desync hint can now be toggled with CBA setting - default is to hide it."

Thank you very much for the update and for this "[Tweak] Gear desync hint can now be toggled with CBA setting - default is to hide it."

Let's not forget, the underlying issue might still exist. We noticed there could be false-positives recently (unsure if BI fixed it) and added that setting, in the future we hope to make that check more robust.

Let's not forget, the underlying issue might still exist. We noticed there could be false-positives recently (unsure if BI fixed it) and added that setting, in the future we hope to make that check more robust.

I know but at least, if happen and we don't have any problem..we can hide it... really appreciated.

Hey Guys,

with the current version, is there a way to toggle whether a Zeus speaks locally/over radio or via the ai he's controlling. The second is fun for RP, but in most cases when in Zeus remote controlling a unit I'd still want to use the radio or talk locally

thnx,