• Announcements

• Jervant

Bohemia Store Steam Redeem   06/24/17

We started experiencing problems with the Steam redeem from our Store on Friday June 23rd.   For anyone that got affected by this, please go to your store account, after you select the product you purchased, you should see your steam key with a link to a how to article to activate it manually through Steam.   We apologize for the inconvenience.
ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

512 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jonpas said:

Give an example of what you are doing.

class rhs_vehclass_infantry:Base
    {
        weapons[]={"rhs_weap_ak74m"};
        primaryWeaponItems[]={"rhs_acc_dtk"};
        handgunItems[]={};
        vestItems[]=
        {
            {"rhs_30Rnd_545x39_AK",6},
            {"rhs_mag_rgd5",2},
            {"rhs_mag_rdg2_white",1},

{“ACRE_PRC148”; 1}
        };
        backpackItems[]=
        {
            {"rhs_30Rnd_545x39_AK",15},
            {"rhs_mag_rdg2_white",1}
        };
    };

---

all items appears exept acre-radio

3 hours ago, blackburnrus said:

class rhs_vehclass_infantry:Base
    {
        weapons[]={"rhs_weap_ak74m"};
        primaryWeaponItems[]={"rhs_acc_dtk"};
        handgunItems[]={};
        vestItems[]=
        {
            {"rhs_30Rnd_545x39_AK",6},
            {"rhs_mag_rgd5",2},
            {"rhs_mag_rdg2_white",1},

{“ACRE_PRC148”; 1}
        };
        backpackItems[]=
        {
            {"rhs_30Rnd_545x39_AK",15},
            {"rhs_mag_rdg2_white",1}
        };
    };

---

all items appears exept acre-radio

Can you send me a small test mission with just some vanilla unit and that added so I can test it faster? Over PM is fine.

There is a ; instead of a ,?

3 people like this

Hey guys, just a quick question.

What do many of you have your server side CBA settings set to in regards to Terrain Loss Coefficient?

The single biggest complaint I get from ACRE is that all a player has to do is duck behind a hill and their 343 stops working altogether. It isn't as though it breaks up and distorts it simply just doesn't work anymore. And for this to happen all the player has to do is duck behind a hill, sometimes even as little as less than 1 foot of terrain cover the line of sight and no signal will be received.

Now I don't want to nerf one of the more interesting features of ACRE by turning the TLC to 0 and essentially making it Task Force Radio. But even when it is set to .50 it still isn't very reliable.

Anyway I'm just keen to to see what other users have their server side TLC settings set to. Also as a request for later updates perhaps could we see an adjustment to this feature to be more linear rather than what feels like a on or off.

3 hours ago, rekkless said:

What do many of you have your server side CBA settings set to in regards to Terrain Loss Coefficient?

The single biggest complaint I get from ACRE is that all a player has to do is duck behind a hill and their 343 stops working altogether. It isn't as though it breaks up and distorts it simply just doesn't work anymore. And for this to happen all the player has to do is duck behind a hill, sometimes even as little as less than 1 foot of terrain cover the line of sight and no signal will be received.

Now I don't want to nerf one of the more interesting features of ACRE by turning the TLC to 0 and essentially making it Task Force Radio. But even when it is set to .50 it still isn't very reliable.

Anyway I'm just keen to to see what other users have their server side TLC settings set to. Also as a request for later updates perhaps could we see an adjustment to this feature to be more linear rather than what feels like a on or off.

That is actually how it works, and is simulated as such in ACRE. In the future, we are planning to lower it to 0.5 to make life easier on new users though (only the default). I suggest you create a very bare bones mission with just 2 players put down where you observe this behaviour, send it to us (on Slack or GitHub) and we can determine if it is an actual bug (which is of course also likely) or just how the 343 works.

Looks like I might be playing with two groups, one of which uses ACRE2, the other TFAR - which is why I was wondering: can I leave both plugins enabled in TS3 and just switch between mod profiles, or does this cause any problems?

2 hours ago, thirith said:

Looks like I might be playing with two groups, one of which uses ACRE2, the other TFAR - which is why I was wondering: can I leave both plugins enabled in TS3 and just switch between mod profiles, or does this cause any problems?

Should work just fine, as unless something communicates with the plugin, there shouldn't be any issue.

1 person likes this

Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to hear from the experts.

Is it possible to add the  PTT Keys on a Joystick ?

15 hours ago, MrFies said:

No, CBA Keybinds don't support that, because they can't, BI does not provide any API to do that.

16 hours ago, MrFies said:

You can however use 3rd party software to map keyboard keys to your joystick. That's how I use the buttons of my mouse to use comms.

On 30/05/2017 at 5:20 PM, rekkless said:

Radios are not that reliable. We are too used to have repeaters everywhere that help in not loosing the signal. Mobile phones would not be able to be used in a city, with those high rise buildings, without them. All the radios modelled in ACRE operate in Line-of-sight (LOS) mode, meaning that if you have LOS between two antennas all will be fine. Being behind a mountain prevents this and the signal going from radio A to radio B has to travel a longer distance, maybe even reflecting on another hill, before reaching radio B. Note that the "optimum" range of a PRC/343 is between 700 and 850m

Another comparison that may help you understand how bad signals are (just as an illustrative example there are other important details involved): AN/PRC-343 works at 2.4 GHz, which is also the frequency of some wireless networks. Usually, WLAN routers operate at 100mW, same as the AN/PRC 343. How far does a wifi signal travel? Have you had problems when being just two rooms away? Now apply this to being behind a mountain...