ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

On 10/19/2017 at 7:17 AM, code34 said:

hello

a user of my mission (combat assault) report this bug:

do you knwo where it can come from ? At the die of player, and respawn , all the inventory is load as before he died. Is there a special command for acre radio ?

for more informations, you can check the load and save function on this object:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/blob/master/client/objects/oo_inventory.sqf

Make sure you don't assign radios with IDs (eg. "ACRE_PRC_343_ID_5"), but use base class (eg. "ACRE_PRC_343"). You can use an API function to get a base radio from a unique radio ("["ACRE_PRC148_ID_5"] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;").

13 hours ago, jonpas said:

Make sure you don't assign radios with IDs (eg. "ACRE_PRC_343_ID_5"), but use base class (eg. "ACRE_PRC_343"). You can use an API function to get a base radio from a unique radio ("["ACRE_PRC148_ID_5"] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;").

Normaly all the equipment is retrieve through the arsenal, and save after this.

They are restored when the player die through a generic load function.

load & save functions are avalaible at this place:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/blob/master/client/objects/oo_inventory.sqf

On 11/15/2017 at 1:25 PM, code34 said:

Normaly all the equipment is retrieve through the arsenal, and save after this.

They are restored when the player die through a generic load function.

load & save functions are avalaible at this place:

My statement stays. Arsenal will save radios with IDs, which will cause the issue for you. In your inventory load script you can replace unique radios for their base classes.

if ([_item] call acre_api_fnc_isRadio) then {
    private _baseRadio = [_item] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;
};

In next update, we are rolling out full Arsenal compatibility, which will alleviate those issues on any newly saved loadouts.

• Like 2

i have a quick question. we are trying out acre for some time now and have one problem.

our streamers like to mute themselves in teamspeak when they talk to someone via the stream. this seems to not be possible, as acre automatically unmutes the players.

i have not found a solution for this. is there any solution or have out streamers to deal with it and find another way to talk to the stream?

On 22/11/2017 at 12:39 PM, b.a.verrecus said:

i have a quick question. we are trying out acre for some time now and have one problem.

our streamers like to mute themselves in teamspeak when they talk to someone via the stream. this seems to not be possible, as acre automatically unmutes the players.

i have not found a solution for this. is there any solution or have out streamers to deal with it and find another way to talk to the stream?

I second this would love to be able to mute mic and not having to mute speaker in TS3.

1 hour ago, ownedarg said:

I second this would love to be able to mute mic and not having to mute speaker in TS3.

Just assign a hotkey to "away"

2 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

Just assign a hotkey to "away"

I don't wanna go away from TS, just be able to mute the mic just in case I dont want something to be heard by the others (ie: Sneeze). Besides in my clan if I go "away" I get automatically dragged to AFK channel.

Away status IS your sollution. It forces you into a muted state and your mic remains active.

Besides. TS has an away feature for that purpose. Having an AFK channel is redundant.

Can't ask devs to add features to circumvent a community policy.

17 hours ago, ownedarg said:

I don't wanna go away from TS, just be able to mute the mic just in case I dont want something to be heard by the others (ie: Sneeze). Besides in my clan if I go "away" I get automatically dragged to AFK channel.

Use push to talk?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Crielaard said:

Away status IS your sollution. It forces you into a muted state and your mic remains active.

Besides. TS has an away feature for that purpose. Having an AFK channel is redundant.

Can't ask devs to add features to circumvent a community policy.

I understand, unfortunately I can't implement that solution.

3 hours ago, jonpas said:

Use push to talk?

I could definitely use that too! I could also mute my mic from my headset, or take an anti-allergic, or tell the people in my house to shut up if I want to play ArmA with my mates.

What I mean by this is that it would be a cool feature to have and I don't see why we need to be unable to mute the microphone while playing. Does this serve any technical purpose in the mod? Maybe you could allow the user to mute it, and un-mute it automatically if he tries to use the radio. Just a suggestion.

Cheers.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, ownedarg said:

I could definitely use that too! I could also mute my mic from my headset, or take an anti-allergic, or tell the people in my house to shut up if I want to play ArmA with my mates.

What I mean by this is that it would be a cool feature to have and I don't see why we need to be unable to mute the microphone while playing. Does this serve any technical purpose in the mod? Maybe you could allow the user to mute it, and un-mute it automatically if he tries to use the radio. Just a suggestion.

Cheers.

Because it is easier to handle that way and not worth adding extra complexity for such a small use case.

I don't understand what you have against PTT (or any of the other solutions you listed) compared to muting your mic in TS, one is pressing a keybind to speak, the other is pressing a button to mute.

3 minutes ago, jonpas said:

Because it is easier to handle that way and not worth adding extra complexity for such a small use case.

I don't understand what you have against PTT (or any of the other solutions you listed) compared to muting your mic in TS, one is pressing a keybind to speak, the other is pressing a button to mute.

It's a shame then, it would be a cool addition. I have nothing against PTT or the people that use it, I don't like using it myself and that's all. 

Thanks for reading.

6 minutes ago, ownedarg said:

It's a shame then, it would be a cool addition. I have nothing against PTT or the people that use it, I don't like using it myself and that's all.

It might happen if that part ever gets restructured, but that's highly unlikely for ACRE2.

ACRE2 Release 2.5.1

This update mainly focuses Vanilla and upcoming ACE3 Arsenal support, TeamSpeak Channel Switching improvements, bug fixing and optimisations.

Arsenal

Vanilla Arsenal is now fully supported by ACRE2, radios will temporarily be swapped for base radios, which will make them visible and removable in the Arsenal. Additionally Arsenal will not include them in any newly saved loadouts or exports!

In addition, upcoming ACE3 Arsenal is also fully supported, displaying all radios with their channel names (as seen on picture).

bmBVYb4.png

TeamSpeak Channel Switching

TeamSpeak Channel Switching got improved with ability to set a Channel Password, allowing automatic switching to a pasworded channel. Thanks to CBA 3.5.0 that text is also hidden in-game! Channel name check has been improved to now compare full channel name, then words and characters at the end.

Size Reduction

Tanoa PBO, which housed height data for signal processing and was also the majority of ACRE2's size, is now removed, as map is decrypted with Arma 3 Version 1.78. ACRE2's package size went from 86 MB to 40 MB archived, resulting in over 50% reduction!

API

Custom spectator systems or other custom displays can now enjoy new API function to assign ACRE2 keybinds to that display on load. Currently only "Toggle Spectators" key is passed through, however more keybinds will be added if deemed meaningful.

Complete Changelog and Download

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ownedarg said:

Thanks for reading.

If you don't want people to hear the background of your mic because people are talking or because you are eating then mute your mic. If you have a mic from the last 10 years then this usually can be achieved by lifting the boom mic up above your ears. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

22 minutes ago, rekkless said:

If you don't want people to hear the background of your mic because people are talking or because you are eating then mute your mic. If you have a mic from the last 10 years then this usually can be achieved by lifting the boom mic up above your ears. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

I can't, that's the whole point of this exchange. I know what I can and cannot do with the equipment I have.

Congrats on the release

53 minutes ago, ACRE_Team said:

API

Custom spectator systems or other custom displays can now enjoy new API function to assign ACRE2 keybinds to that display on load. Currently only "Toggle Spectators" key is passed through, however more keybinds will be added if deemed meaningful.

Can someone just clarify in layman's terms what this means??

40 minutes ago, rekkless said:

An API function was added so that other spectator systems can call ACRE API if they block keybind events. In this case, to mute other spectators.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

What @cuel said, if you don't do SQF it's of no interest. If you do, it's just an easy way to make the keys available that otherwise aren't in custom displays, so all those mods don't have to apply the keys using our internal functions which might change without notice.

After the latest update I have an issue with the TS channel switching and hopefully someone can help me out.

When spawning in, TS does't not auto switch. If I manually switch into the "designated" ACRE channel I will be auto switched out of the channel back to my original channel when leaving the server.

In addition, sometimes when entering zeus or the arsenal, I will be switched out of the ACRE channel after having joined the channel manually because of the above issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should also add that I'm on TS v3.1.6, latest CBA, ACRE2 as well as the server.

13 hours ago, hizOdge said:

After the latest update I have an issue with the TS channel switching and hopefully someone can help me out.

When spawning in, TS does't not auto switch. If I manually switch into the "designated" ACRE channel I will be auto switched out of the channel back to my original channel when leaving the server.

In addition, sometimes when entering zeus or the arsenal, I will be switched out of the ACRE channel after having joined the channel manually because of the above issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should also add that I'm on TS v3.1.6, latest CBA, ACRE2 as well as the server.

I have forwarded that to the contributor who is continuously improving TS Channel Switching.

6 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Does the 303 antenna function?

No, it is just a model at this time.

Hey guys I just want some advice with setting up Babel.

I am making a Team Vs Team Vs Team Spy mission. Where each faction has one spy in it from an opposing faction in it. The Spy needs to be able to speak 2 languages and they goal is to communicate the whereabouts and tactics of the other team.

I just want to know is this the most efficient way to set the languages? I copied and pasted this from an old Reddit post.

Pasted this in the INIT

f_available_languages = [
["en", "English"],
["ru", "Russian"],
["ar", "Arabic"]
];
{
    _x call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;
} forEach f_available_languages;

[] spawn {
    if (!hasInterface) exitWith {};
    if (player != player) then {waitUntil {player == player};};
    if (!alive player) then {waitUntil {alive player};};

_languagesPlayerSpeaks = player getVariable ["f_languages", []];

switch (playerside) do {
    case west: {
            if (_languagesPlayerSpeaks isEqualTo []) then {_languagesPlayerSpeaks = ["en"];};
        };
    case east: {
            if (_languagesPlayerSpeaks isEqualTo []) then {_languagesPlayerSpeaks = ["ru"];};
        };
    case independent: {
            if (_languagesPlayerSpeaks isEqualTo []) then {_languagesPlayerSpeaks = ["ar"];};
        };
    case civilian: {
            if (_languagesPlayerSpeaks isEqualTo []) then {_languagesPlayerSpeaks = ["ar"];};
        };
    };
    _languagesPlayerSpeaks call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;
};

then in the INIT BOX for the SPY who will be able to speak to BLUFOR and INDI I have posted this

this setVariable ["f_languages",["en", "ar"]];

The reason I ask is this code while similar to the ACRE documentation is quite different also. Is this the best way to set up 3 languages with select players able to speak 2 languages.