ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Probably I've found a bug...or at least an incompatibility with MCC.

The problem is that, tested with the radios 343 and 148, when you open the map and you try to talk in radio, the radio doesn't work.

Now, I don't know if it's a problem caused by MCC or caused by ACRE. I've noticed this also in the MCC forum...

In any case, I know that is this mods combination  because I've tested in this way:

- ACRE+CBA =  Ok

- ACRE+CBA+ACE = Ok

- ACRE+CBA+ACE+MCC = problem

Anyone here can confirm this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to have reported a false positive bug...it seems that using "space" key to speak in radio with map opened is not good for Arma...using another key seems fine...

Hello,

Please find some feedbacks:

my team used the steam version and we got multiples issues:

- Unable to launch Arma (CBA + ACE + ACRE)

- Unable to have the ACRE version recognized by TeamSpeak.

We went back to the binnary available on Armaholic, no issues. 

We used the basic setting as described in the documentation here: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/home

When I kept the babel available (per side or not) sometimes on connection some players were completely not understandable.Switching the babel to off solve the issue.

A good reminder to be post somewhere: Teamspeak needs to be run as admin on win7. This solve the issue when people cannot be heard sometimes. 

The only player in my team on win10 was having teamspeak keeping crashing when run as administrator. Unchecking this paramter solved the issue.  

The only player in my team on win10 was having teamspeak keeping crashing when run as administrator. Unchecking this paramter solved the issue.  

I have the exact opposite behaviour: I'm on W10 and I need to run TS as admin if I want it to work properly. Running TS as normal user doesn't crash but ACRE is not able to connect to TS.

Hello,

Please find some feedbacks:

my team used the steam version and we got multiples issues:

- Unable to launch Arma (CBA + ACE + ACRE)

- Unable to have the ACRE version recognized by TeamSpeak.

We went back to the binnary available on Armaholic, no issues. 

We used the basic setting as described in the documentation here: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/home

When I kept the babel available (per side or not) sometimes on connection some players were completely not understandable.Switching the babel to off solve the issue.

A good reminder to be post somewhere: Teamspeak needs to be run as admin on win7. This solve the issue when people cannot be heard sometimes. 

Unable to launch Arma - Unfortunately the steam workshop release requires running steam as admin at present (to do the autocopy) -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/94

We'll certainly address this for the next release.

What exactly do you mean by ACRE version not being recognised by teamspeak?

I have the exact opposite behaviour: I'm on W10 and I need to run TS as admin if I want it to work properly. Running TS as normal user doesn't crash but ACRE is not able to connect to TS.

Teamspeak only needs to run as admin if the game (steam) is run as admin. If the game is not running as admin make sure teamspeak isn't run as admin.

Unable to launch Arma - Unfortunately the steam workshop release requires running steam as admin at present (to do the autocopy) -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/94

We'll certainly address this for the next release.

What exactly do you mean by ACRE version not being recognised by teamspeak?

Teamspeak only needs to run as admin if the game (steam) is run as admin. If the game is not running as admin make sure teamspeak isn't run as admin.

Thank you for the tip on steam as admin.

ACRE not being recognized by teamspeak: 

Sorry no screenshot neither logs to provide. On connection, ACRE was saying "ACRE not connected to teamspeak" despite ACRE plugin installed and player in game.

Since this issue is linked to the steam not run as administrator, this might be a false bug.

Just a quick feeler before I start troubleshooting more in depth.

We've had a few missions now using a plethora of mods (number of smaller equipment mods, cba, acre (2.2.0.904) on ace3, rhs) with 30+ players in a coop mission (everyone was BLUFOR). Quite often the radios basically stop working and the players and the radio that "dies" needs to be dropped and picked up again. After that everything resumes as normal. No errors are logged on the clients with the "Show Script Error" option enabled but there are some showings in the client logs (posted below).

The error does not appear simultaneous for everyone, it seems sporadic.

Client log snippet:

20:05:45 3254.74 ACRE: START SPEAKING: acre_player [B Bravo 1-1:1 (Kimukun)] could not find a player with ID: 4 0, On Radio: any
20:23:05 4294.66 ACRE: START SPEAKING: acre_player [B Bravo 1-1:1 (Kimukun)] could not find a player with ID: 1 2:768, On Radio: 0

Complete client log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/arma3_2016-09-08_19-11-30.zip

Server log file is HUGE (18MB) so I'll just post a snippet first and post a link to the zipped rpt below :)

<snippet>
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_17)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_17)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_19)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_19)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_21)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_21)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_23)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_23)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_25)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_25)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_27)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_27)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_29)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_29)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc343_id_53)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc152_id_50)
15215.8 ACRE WARNING: Unacknowledged key not found in masterIdTable (acre_prc117f_id_6)
15215.8 ACRE ERROR: ALL IDS FOR CLASS ACRE_PRC343 ARE TAKEN!
</snippet>

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/arma3server_2016-09-08_18-12-45.zip

Are we just doing something wrong perhaps, like in the way we assign radios or something?

We've had no issues with this prior to the update and we have not changed any of our means of dispensing gear to the players.

If there is something I can try or do, I'm more than happy to oblige!

Are we just doing something wrong perhaps, like in the way we assign radios or something?

We've had no issues with this prior to the update and we have not changed any of our means of dispensing gear to the players.

If there is something I can try or do, I'm more than happy to oblige!

Maybe - Give this a flick through - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info

This seems like a mission/framework issue. If you PM me the mission file I can take a look and see what I can dig up.

Wow, thanks for the super fast answer!

Looking through all the mission.sqm's from where we had the error, a few units has radio="ACRE_PRC152"; as an example ... which I'm pretty sure we haven't had before (so probably scratch my previous overly bold statement that "we haven't changed anything" ;D). Old working missions has been deleted unfortunately, so can't compare :/

I'm not as read up on stuff as i probably should be, but I guess that having the radio in that spot is equivalent to using "linkItem" and that might be the cause?

Complete sample mission.sqm

class Item10
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="West";
			class Entities
			{
				items=4;
				class Item0
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={9813.9131,117.97852,11623.71};
						angles[]={0,4.7046046,0};
					};
					side="West";
					flags=7;
					class Attributes
					{
						description="SBS TL";
						isPlayable=1;
						class Inventory
						{
snip-snip
							compass="ItemCompass";
							watch="ItemWatch";
							radio="ACRE_PRC152";
							gps="ItemcTab";
							goggles="UK3CB_BAF_G_Tactical_Clear";
							headgear="H_Booniehat_mcamo";
						};
					};

Wow, thanks for the super fast answer!

Looking through all the mission.sqm's from where we had the error, a few units has radio="ACRE_PRC152"; as an example ... which I'm pretty sure we haven't had before (so probably scratch my previous overly bold statement that "we haven't changed anything" ;D). Old working missions has been deleted unfortunately, so can't compare :/

I'm not as read up on stuff as i probably should be, but I guess that having the radio in that spot is equivalent to using "linkItem" and that might be the cause?

Complete sample mission.sqm

Yeah radio="ACRE_ITEM" should not be allowed. In fact it can't be configured through the ingame loadout editor. This could well be causing the issue.

Time to slap some mission makers on the wrists then! :)

Thank you so much for your input <3

Hi and many thanks for the stable update.

Since my group moved to 2.2.0.904, we experienced an issue on the map called Dariyah (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169064-map-fsf-dariyah-released/) and the issue seem map related but I cannot confirm.

Issue description :

- Direct speach communications works as expected.

- Radios coms work randomly for every players. Sometimes you can hear another player in direct speach as he is using the radios but you cannot hear him on the radio. Or : 3/4 players can or cannot hear eachother on the radio despite standing a few meters away form eachother (example : player 1 is speaking in radio, player2 is two meters away from player1 and can hear him, player 3 is two meters away from player1 and can't hear him). Or : sometimes you can hear only a part of the radio conversation.

In short : Players are missing a lot of radio communications for unknown reasons and all players are affected.

Test conditions :

This happened 2 days ago and today I first tried to replicate the issue with 2 players, a repro mission and as few addon as possible (ACRE2, CBA, CUP terrains and Dariyah) but with no results everything worked as expected. Then I tried to replicate in the same conditions as the first time (ACE3 + content addons + Headless client + same mission) and the issue appeared again. Then same conditions with an different mission : no issue.

More informations :

1/ Everythink works as expected on every other maps tested so far.

2/ We do not use any ACRE modules in our missions (purely standard ACRE setup with antenna simulation turned on)

3/ No issue with older ACRE2 stable.

5/ Missions haven't been updated since ACRE2 update.

RPTs from today's test sessions :

https://mega.nz/#!79wmCaKI!ALjXrH3dq-QDU5R-OcRVmKaJOJFU71gupU7FmS59pwg

You will find this kind of lines (maybe related ?) :

17:11:02 774.785 ACRE: START SPEAKING: acre_player [P1] could not find a player with ID: 4 0, On Radio: any

I really have no idea where the issue is coming from and I hope my report will not be useless.

Now I need a rest, maybe I'll do other tests later.

I have the same issue on vanilla maps, so it's probably not the map you're using. For me, ACRE worked perfectly until the update, but now I'm having the exact same problem like you described. Direct talk works perfectly always, but radio is completely random, even though we're standing next to each other. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

I think it might be due to using voice activation on ts3, I remember in A2 times, ACRE didn't work well with it, looks like the problem might be back (for me). Are the people in your group using voice activation maybe?

I have the same issue on vanilla maps, so it's probably not the map you're using. For me, ACRE worked perfectly until the update, but now I'm having the exact same problem like you described. Direct talk works perfectly always, but radio is completely random, even though we're standing next to each other. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

I think it might be due to using voice activation on ts3, I remember in A2 times, ACRE didn't work well with it, looks like the problem might be back (for me). Are the people in your group using voice activation maybe?

Hi.

Yes, most of the people from my group use VA as far as I know. I personnaly use VA since I'm playing with ACRE (back in the ArmaA2 days) without any issues until now. I really hope that I will be able to continue playing this way.

If VA worked previously it should still work with the new version. It sounds like you guys aren't aware of the new signal model in ACRE2.

[New] New radio signal model - Uses an extension that realistically calculates multipathing, including phase coherence.

- [New] API function (acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection) - This can be used to make the signal simulation model ignore antenna direction -> [true] call acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection;

- [Improved] Difficulty module now has an option to force the simulation model ignore antenna direction.

You can read up more about the signal model here -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss

The good news is its behaviour can be changed. To get the behaviour you want I'd recommend setting the ignore antenna direction option (either through API function or the difficulty module). You may also want to consider turning down the terrain signal loss.

If VA worked previously it should still work with the new version. It sounds like you guys aren't aware of the new signal model in ACRE2.

You can read up more about the signal model here -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/signal-loss

The good news is its behaviour can be changed. To get the behaviour you want I'd recommend setting the ignore antenna direction option (either through API function or the difficulty module). You may also want to consider turning down the terrain signal loss.

Thanks for you answer.

I'm aware of the new signal model and I already read the documentation about it.

When I say people very close can't hear eachother on the radio 1 time out of 2, I mean this close : http://i.imgur.com/daAr5YV.jpg(at this exact location).

To me it looks like a bug rather than a feature but I can't say if it's an ACRE bug.

We suffered from the same issue during tonight mission and this time it was on Chernarus.

I also forgot to say something in my first message : the first time we encountered the issue, I tried to execute the following globally in the debug console with no results observed :

[true] call acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection;

But I'm not sure if this is supposed to be executed on the fly.

Edit : I would like to give you better informations but until know I didn't find a way to reproduce the issue reliably. Maybe that I'll be able to provide more by monday.

Hey I with my community use acre two weeks
We found that players can not hear the radio
The same channel, frequency, no matter how far how close they can not hear each other
Sometimes you can hear sometimes fails

We mainly use the module
ACE3
CBA3
ACRE
RHS

cup_terrains_maps 

We did not use mcc

This is my setup
iqfyPmj.png

Any solutions?
kind regards

任何解決方案?

Please provide us with a full RPT file (server and client) and the mission it occurred in if possible.

Thanks for you answer.

I'm aware of the new signal model and I already read the documentation about it.

When I say people very close can't hear eachother on the radio 1 time out of 2, I mean this close : http://i.imgur.com/daAr5YV.jpg(at this exact location).

To me it looks like a bug rather than a feature but I can't say if it's an ACRE bug.

Unfortunately we had the same issues.

I'm not a radiowaves expert and also I've not tried a military radio yet so it's difficult to judge but, as sparfell_19 shows with his image, it's also difficult  to think that a radio can't work in this situation...

Otherwise if it's correct, I think that if you have any kind of instructions or tips to give us about radio management, I think it'll be more than welcome.

I've just found this  http://imgur.com/a/P9BSn  and I've searched the API function for debugging but with no luck.

Is debug function available for everyone or it just for your development?

If it's for everyone, what's the instructions to use it?

Thanks in advance

@Sparfell - It's a bit hard to tell which radio signal settings you are using. In the next version we'll log this into the RPTs. But for now what API functions are you calling for the radio signal? Just the ignore antenna direction one?

@Marcatore - This is actually how IRL radios work. I concur that it isn't naturally intuitive but this is behaviour you would see IRL.

@Twroach - On the difficulty module try setting "Ignore Antenna Direction" to "Enabled"

@Marcatore - The radio signal debug tool is currently bugged which is why it hasn't been publically documented. When it does it get fixed it will be documented.

@snippers

Thank you for your replies.

About the debug I think it will be useful to better understand what's going on when we use the radio according to the environment we have...and it also should be a way to cut the false positive bug reports.

We'll wait for the future updates.

Coming back to the testing we're doing, we've tried the "Ignore antenna directions" (switching it to "enabled") and the situation actually was better...but it remained a strange behaviour I describe:

3 people (A, B,C). All with ANPRC 148. Same channel.  B and C stay together side-by-side  1km away from A.

A transmitting, B and C receive the communication.  OK

A trasmitting again, B receives and C doesn't.  BAD

A trasmitting several times, B and C receives everytime. OK

A transmitting, C receives and B doesnt'. BAD

Consider that people stay fixed in the same position.

Considering that "ignore antenna directional" is enabled, is it correct?

• Like 1

@snippers
we setting the "lgnore Antenna Direction" to Enabled The same problem still occurs

@snippers

Thank you for your replies.

About the debug I think it will be useful to better understand what's going on when we use the radio according to the environment we have...and it also should be a way to cut the false positive bug reports.

We'll wait for the future updates.

Coming back to the testing we're doing, we've tried the "Ignore antenna directions" (switching it to "enabled") and the situation actually was better...but it remained a strange behaviour I describe:

3 people (A, B,C). All with ANPRC 148. Same channel.  B and C stay together side-by-side  1km away from A.

A transmitting, B and C receive the communication.  OK

A trasmitting again, B receives and C doesn't.  BAD

A trasmitting several times, B and C receives everytime. OK

A transmitting, C receives and B doesnt'. BAD

Consider that people stay fixed in the same position.

Considering that "ignore antenna directional" is enabled, is it correct?

Everyone stays in the same position exactly?

I can guarantee you that the signal algorithm is deterministic. Unless you are getting weird network position updates and players are seeing each other at different locations than they really are, there shouldn't be any different in signal quality if everyone has their hands off the keyboard and mouse while transmitting.