Macser

Rendering or animation issue with cargo proxies in vehicle

72YB1ifh.jpg

Basically this happens when the units are not in cargo on mission start. If they are in cargo at mission start, the animation for the cargo slots plays correctly.

The units in question are part of the player's group (me). And I'm in the command position.

Anyone seen this type of behaviour before?

It doesn't happen with default vehicles.

• Like 1

Is it just this one seat or do others cargo seats with the same cargo animation bug too? Is it all the time or when there's other units in the vehicle too?

Hey HG. It's only an issue when the units are outside the vehicle on mission start, and ordered into cargo. Seems to happen regardless of whether there's crew or not.

It got a bit frustrating. So I had to bail out . It'd be nice to see it working though. For all I know it's something very simple. But it eludes me. :smile_o:

Do I understand correctly that there is a floating head in that seat even if there is no unit sitting there?

No. There's actually a default unit sitting in that slot. For what ever reason the body isn't being rendered. And I still don't know why. I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before.

Might there be a extra proxy model in the model itself? No wait misunderstood what you said. 

So that single position is affected and all others work right? Never seen such happening before.. 

Could that particular proxy be removed and readded or the sitting animation be changed to see if that changes anything?

Never seen this before, either. It seems that proxies are in their correct position, but the rest is missing. It would be good to know where the rest is in relation to the cargo-proxy / character-bindpose.

When the bug appears, check with "dude1 selectionPosition 'LeftHand'" to find out where the hand is in relation to the character's origin. Then do this after the bug is gone and the character appears correctly.

If the values are the same we know its a rendering issue. If they differ then it could be an issue with preloading the .rtm file.

• Like 1

@HG 

I have removed and re-added the proxies. This issue is affecting all of the cargo positions. Not just that one. I just happened to have one unit in my group at the time.

@Mondkalb

I'll certainly have a go at that. It's been a while since I tinkered with it. I am using a custom rtm, but I'm fairly sure it happens regardless of whether it's custom or default. I find it odd the head should stay where it is though. Or that it should only happen when I or the units in my group enter a vehicle that's not under my command.

Thanks for the responses guys. :smile_o:

About the selectionposition command. Would it need to be run from a script? With hintformat to output to the screen? Scripting is not my strongsuit. I thought I might be able to stuff it into a trigger and run from there.

DK2K5plG.jpg

Just to verify, as I hadn't tried it in a while, as long as the vehicle is also part of the group, the cargo slots have no issues. Also it still happens whether or not the units are part of the player's group. The deciding factor is the vehicle being in the group.

Why that should have any bearing on whether a unit's body is drawn or not seems ....odd. I won't go so far as to say there's no errors with the model or the proxies. But they do at least work in the above circumstance.

Possibly. But it's something limited to this particular adddon. I have never seen this before with any other custom or default vehicle.

I managed to get a position on the lefthand selection though. And there is a small difference:

29G0bGPn.jpg

The vehicle may have moved slightly. So if that's taken into consideration the readings would probably be the same. It may be a rendering issue of some description.

Not sure where that leaves me though. Up the creek without a proverbial paddle presumably. :smile_o: