xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

@xxgetbuck123Is there any chance that after you're done with FC37 -> F/A 35-E that you could update the F35B port by Chortles. I know that he said that anyone can modify it and i believe he has released or still has source files for it.

On 01/07/2017 at 6:59 PM, Mr. Rad said:

@xxgetbuck123Is there any chance that after you're done with FC37 -> F/A 35-E that you could update the F35B port by Chortles. I know that he said that anyone can modify it and i believe he has released or still has source files for it.

Probably not. Could look into it but not 100% sure at this time. 

That is great mate.

Just send us an hpp file with a class MFD, in a nice HMCS setup. Then we'll see if we integrate it and credit you.

Looking forward for your input.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 5:28 PM, czechu777 said:

I could help with the HUD :)

If you could get the HUD/HMD as close to what the real thing is then fuck yeah, if its works and looks great we could add it with credit of course. Gotta be high quality though ;) Just like the real F35 HMD haha

12 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

If you could get the HUD/HMD as close to what the real thing is then fuck yeah, if its works and looks great we could add it with credit of course. Gotta be high quality though ;) Just like the real F35 HMD haha

12 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Already working on it :) There arent many details on the internet beside few videos from F35 simulator, but I will try my best and make it as real as it gets. Here is example of what I did with F16: http://imgur.com/a/bHOAT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

One more thing. Are you able to edit the model? Not by much, I mean , you could add two empties, just like in other planes, there are HUD empties, you could add empties for MFD so I could make it working. Just like in Blackwasp for example. 

1 hour ago, czechu777 said:

Already working on it :) There arent many details on the internet beside few videos from F35 simulator, but I will try my best and make it as real as it gets. Here is example of what I did with F16: http://imgur.com/a/bHOAT

When I was looking at the HUD I was looking at the Prepa3d F35 modules to see their HUDs. For example, this.... But yea, see what you can do.

4 minutes ago, czechu777 said:

One more thing. Are you able to edit the model? Not by much, I mean , you could add two empties, just like in other planes, there are HUD empties, you could add empties for MFD so I could make it working. Just like in Blackwasp for example. 

What do you mean empties, can you elaborate a bit more? I think I understand what you're saying but I highly doubt its the same as what you mean haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

What do you mean empties, can you elaborate a bit more? I think I understand what you're saying but I highly doubt its the same as what you mean haha. 

The MFD is appplied in the same way as the HUD. So, for example :

class AirplaneHUD {
                topLeft="HUD LH";
                topRight="HUD PH";
                bottomLeft="HUD LD";
                borderLeft = 0;
                borderRight = 0;
                borderTop = 0;
                borderBottom = 0.200000;
                color[]={0.55,0.9922,0.25373};
                alpha=0.5;
                enableParallax = 1;[..]

these 

topLeft="HUD LH";
topRight="HUD PH";
bottomLeft="HUD LD";

lines of codes stand for position in the model of aircraft. HUD LH, HUD PH, HUD LD are memory points and must be set in the model itself. So if you could add these memory points to the model I could make it "alive" :) (example fuel, radar etc)

Hey,

I just noticed what you're doing here and I just wanna say it's looking great so far and I really appreciate you taking the time to improve this mod!

Can't wait to try it out at release :thumb:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, olli_ said:

Hey,

I just noticed what you're doing here and I just wanna say it's looking great so far and I really appreciate you taking the time to improve this mod!

giphy.gif

The legend himself! Glad you like it mate! Always loved your FC37 since I first found it and when I eventually got into modding I knew I had to update it! 

On 18-7-2017 at 9:52 PM, olli_ said:

Hey,

Thanks for giving us the awesome model in the first place :D Cant wait till xxgetbuck123 gets it updated with all the Jets DLC features.

FYI on the HUD

There's no mounted HUD on the cockpit dash as all the data goes through the helmet visor.

Kimi might be able to give you some advice 

38 minutes ago, scarecrow398 said:

FYI on the HUD

There's no mounted HUD on the cockpit dash as all the data goes through the helmet visor.

Kimi might be able to give you some advice 

G'day

I've already got a talented person working on the HUD at the moment. However Kimi could definitely share some insight on what can and could be done as currently from what I've seen he's going through a testing phase seeing what shit works and doesnt. So who knows, would be great to hear his knowledge. There should be a HUD/HMD/MFD update in the future anyway.

Cheers. 

• Like 2

I use this mod in its current form, out dated but I still like it and I'm really excited to see you updating it to current standards. Do you have a rough estimation on when you're updated version will be available to download?

9 hours ago, Slyfox89 said:

I use this mod in its current form, out dated but I still like it and I'm really excited to see you updating it to current standards. Do you have a rough estimation on when you're updated version will be available to download?

Just an FYI, Its against forum rules to ask when updates will be released.  The common reply you will get is "when it's done"

• Like 1

@Mr. Rad I confess a certain surprise at anyone wanting to update my old port in and of itself instead of taking advantage of the one in CUP Vehicles (derived from my old port) or this so-far-looking-great 'F/A-35E'!

@czechu777 I am blown away (in a good way) by your F-16C HMD/HUD...

On 05/08/2017 at 2:22 AM, Slyfox89 said:

1 post newbie. All good mate, no estimated release, I guess when I deem its ready to be released as currently awaiting a few things to be fixed and added.

On 05/08/2017 at 11:34 AM, islesfan186 said:

Just an FYI, Its against forum rules to ask when updates will be released.  The common reply you will get is "when it's done"

Cheers, hopefully the answer I gave was close enough ;) haha

On 06/08/2017 at 3:26 AM, chortles said:

@Mr. Rad I confess a certain surprise at anyone wanting to update my old port in and of itself instead of taking advantage of the one in CUP Vehicles (derived from my old port) or this so-far-looking-great 'F/A-35E'!

@czechu777 I am blown away (in a good way) by your F-16C HMD/HUD...

Blown away by his F16 HMD, wait until you see the work he's done on this. Dude is doing Gods work. I've already jumped on the hype train and its my damn mod haha 

• Like 3

Oh boy now I'm getting on the train and I haven't even seen a teaser...

• Like 2

I wonder the interior bar on your model. It was too compressed from side in the original model.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:59 PM, Mr. Rad said:

I would also be very interested in this.

So far, the closest thing we have to a VTOL fixed wing attack aircraft is the CSAT transport VTOL.

There is no working VTOL F-35B variant out there with dynamic loadouts and a stealth/non-stealth version. The Aegis mod has one, but its still very much a WIP (lacks a hud completely last time I checked) and he won't release a standalone variant (I don't like that his mod modifies stock assets as well, otherwise I'd have no problem with using the mod just for the F-35B).

In terms of gameplay, the carrier version of the F-35 will play nearly the same role as the Black Wasp II from the jets DLC, whereas a VTOL version would add new gameplay options and it would play well with smaller carriers like LHD mods

Hrm, the US-Airfoce mod has a F-35b, isn't that a vtol version? Maybe its possible to get their permission and port the vtol code over to the renewed F-37 mod. But i guess xxgetbuck123 rather finishes what he's embarked upon.

@xxgetbuck123     ''1 post newbie. All good mate, no estimated release, I guess when I deem its ready to be released as currently awaiting a few things to be fixed and added.''

Care to elaborate what you meant by fixed and added (by bohemia i geuss)? I think it might be a viable strategy to give a small progress updates from time to time so people see where the project stands. So no etas, timelines and stuff, but everyone can draw their own conclusion of when a release might be in the cards. Extrapolation of future development time from progress speed in the past. Might give us end-users a better understanding how longs stuff takes to get into the game.

Anyway, hope your not losing too much hair over this project...as always, everthing in your own pace and time, cheers mate.

EDIT; obviously my brain was not properly synced just now: instead of thinking about hte vtol code of the US Airforce mod, have you taken a look at arma's native vtol implementation? Would it be hard to port that over to this mod?

The thing is, it's not only a matter of code, but the model would have to change. 

Aegis doesn't have a proper F-35. It's an X-35 that uses the model from ArmA2 (the actual F-35 hasn't been built at the time of ArmA2 release).

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Aegis doesn't have a proper F-35. It's an X-35 that uses the model from ArmA2 (the actual F-35 hasn't been built at the time of ArmA2 release).

Remember this is the armaverse so things don't always reflect real history :f: