xxgetbuck123

FC-37 -> [F/A-35E] Restoration/JetsDLC Update [WIP]

On 2017-4-26 at 7:01 AM, Rob_W said:

Would it be possible to add this: 

Strewth mate asking for a bit aren't ya haha. Nah I wont be adding that unfortunately. Maybe, just maybe once everything is done then have a version that is like that, but at the current stage, nah. 

where do you plan on releasing this addon once it's done? On steam, armaholic or on here? Keep up the fantastic work! Really looking forward to using this awesome aircraft along side the F-181 in carrier operations!

Every time I spawn the F 35 C on the Nimitz it blows up and I don't know how to solve it

On 2017-4-29 at 0:14 AM, blade4951 said:

where do you plan on releasing this addon once it's done? On steam, armaholic or on here? Keep up the fantastic work! Really looking forward to using this awesome aircraft along side the F-181 in carrier operations!

Actually a good question. Not too sure atm. Maybe Steam, but I dunno how their IP shit works etc.. 

2 minutes ago, Cuatro said:

Every time I spawn the F 35 C on the Nimitz it blows up and I don't know how to solve it

If you're using the vanilla FC37 that's probably why. That's what I'm currently updating and I havent released anything yet. 

So how long till then i will test it for you 

On 2017-5-7 at 4:17 AM, Cuatro said:

So how long till then i will test it for you 

Already got people for that matey potatey. 

Anyway update time. 

4B605D57D29A57AA1AF29F04E7ED4AF1F12D8DB7

863A1CB6B65EDD5A1DB893B12479EA73A8650DDA

8448251512569E28AEE355FE8F138230E63E20FC

I somewhat have been making progress with the dynamic load-out feature with many thanks to Lala from the USAF team for the much needed help. Overall its working pretty well, there are some internal bay proxy things to fix, some view-Pilot stuff and overall configuring the pylons so they actually carry realistic ordnance, not to mention I need to make the gun pod a selectable weapon so looking into that.. But yeah, slow progress :) 

Enjoy. 

• Like 14

as I understand you will follow BI values for missiles and bomb...max 16 km radar for 5th generation stealth multirole fighter e.t.c

I`m understand IRL 1900km F35 radar is not good for arma3 , but 16km ...It's very small distance

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, sammael said:

as I understand you will follow BI values for missiles and bomb...max 16 km radar for 5th generation stealth multirole fighter e.t.c

I`m understand IRL 1900km F35 radar is not good for arma3 , but 16km ...It's very small distance

It could be better but for most A3 maps 16km should be just fine.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 10:31 PM, sammael said:

1900km?

Get off the sauce, mate! Maybe 190km sounds right, but 1900km is outrageously inaccurate.

5 minutes ago, ShadowSix said:

1900km?

Get off the sauce, mate! Maybe 190km sounds right, but 1900km is outrageously inaccurate.

wrong "0" .  150-190km

theoretically yes. It depends on a lot of factors.

As I work closely in this project must say its pretty neat. And at the stage where it is now, allready usable for playing. but not polished yet.

• Like 2

Think for a second- This has 'Work-In-Progress' in the title, and is in the incomplete section of the forums- There is no download yet. However as you can see the author is working on it, so just be patient for now. :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Recker Jackson said:

Where i can download this plane ? :) 

You can't

its work in progress

I can give you a download link but then I need to have you assasinated afterwards. ;)

4 hours ago, Crielaard said:

You can't

its work in progress

I can give you a download link but then I need to have you assasinated afterwards. ;)

Worth it

Well, there's the original version floating around on Armaholic, but it probably doesn't work very well at this point, if at all.

10 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Well, there's the original version floating around on Armaholic, but it probably doesn't work very well at this point, if at all.

I tried it out just to have a classic feel, quality mod as per usual but damn its literally incompatible with the current version of Arma haha. Instantly blows up on the carrier, new sensor stuff is on the piss, great aircraft still, but yea not very compatible. 

On 2017-5-29 at 10:46 PM, ShadowSix said:

1900km?

no, it's kinda accurate. but it's not the radar, it's the DAS sensor of this girl. she detected a Falcon9 rocket launch from 1200+km away. (DAS: http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/ANAAQ37F35/Pages/default.aspx)

btw, the EOTS sensor is missing the right texture

f-35-eots.jpg

Sorry, but detecting a Falcon 9 launch from 1200km is in the same category as seeing the Moon from 400000km. It's literally the most obvious thing in the air short of an Ariane V (which uses solid rocket motors that tend to give off a nice smoke trail in addition to heat and light). The maximum for a more realistic target is going to be a lot shorter, even ordinary artillery rockets are less conspicuous.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:53 PM, xxgetbuck123 said:

Actually a good question. Not too sure atm. Maybe Steam, but I dunno how their IP shit works etc.. 

Disclaimer: I'm not a IP lawyer

Here's the steam user agreement:

• Notwithstanding the license described in Section 6.A (general provisions allowing for modification and reproduction for  distribution and promotion)., Valve will only have the right to modify or create derivative works from your Workshop Contribution in the following cases: (a) Valve may make modifications necessary to make your Contribution compatible with Steam and the Workshop functionality or user interface, and (b) Valve or the applicable developer may make modifications to Workshop Contributions that are accepted for in-Application distribution as it deems necessary or desirable to enhance gameplay.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

My interpretation is that they do not own the content and will only make modifications to allow for distribution. Removing the content from the workshop is also considered revoking the licence for valve to distribute the work.

The reason large mods like RHS and Unsung weren't on the workshop is that as apart of the subscriber agreement in Section 6D, You must be the original creator or have the approval of all contributors you're posting on behalf of. In RHS's case it took a while to get approval of all 50~ team members, In Unsung's case some creators in the team still don't want their content on there for... unexplained reasons... I guess because they think a multi-billion dollar sales company is going to steal their mods?

My suggestion would be a high speed, reliable service like Google Drive or Steam as the FC-37 was originally published. I know most of the people you've credited have content on the workshop, though I'd check just how open source Pook's sonic boom is as I know he's anti-steam.

if you absolutely want to retain 100% IP rights then you're going to have to avoid public domains and host all the data and pay for/operate a server to distribute from as pretty much every file hosting site has a similar agreement to avoid legal repercussions. 

I'd also personally avoid Armaholic these days given the subscription service they have in place now limiting public view on the home page, blocking searching and slowing download speeds to essentially making money off your content through site advertising and encouraging subscriptions. As well as (when I last looked) a limited user agreement which leaves them open to legal issues, unlike Valve or Google.

Tbh, You'll probably be forever lodging DCMA requests with the workshop crawler from people reuploading it if you don't. If you do want to go down that route though:

https://arma3.workshopcrawler.com/

https://steamcommunity.com/dmca/create/

On 6/17/2017 at 8:50 AM, dragon01 said:

Sorry, but detecting a Falcon 9 launch from 1200km is in the same category as seeing the Moon from 400000km. It's literally the most obvious thing in the air short of an Ariane V (which uses solid rocket motors that tend to give off a nice smoke trail in addition to heat and light). The maximum for a more realistic target is going to be a lot shorter, even ordinary artillery rockets are less conspicuous.

No one said it was great resolution... 

I never though that the F-35 was really an attractive aircraft but you have changed my mind, she looks great mate!

On 2017-6-15 at 1:09 PM, YanYatCheng said:

no, it's kinda accurate. but it's not the radar, it's the DAS sensor of this girl. she detected a Falcon9 rocket launch from 1200+km away. (DAS: http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/ANAAQ37F35/Pages/default.aspx)

btw, the EOTS sensor is missing the right texture

f-35-eots.jpg

I would like the change that part of the aircraft, i.e, the EOTS glass to actual glass or a nice reflective surface however I dont know how to do that, so its what it is for the time being. 

On 2017-6-21 at 9:42 PM, shelldrake said:

I never though that the F-35 was really an attractive aircraft but you have changed my mind, she looks great mate!

She's pretty hot if you know what to add haha. I hated the look for the X35 with a passion, but the current F35 gives me chub everynow and then haha

I think my favourite thing about the F-35 is how it looks.