Sign in to follow this  
CRCError1970

Spawned Vehicle will not move

So, this is strange thing I've never encountered on a local server...

Playing a map (DUWS) that often spawns vehicles that I cannot operate.

When I get to an enemy site, the vehicles that are there are quite often non-functional. I've tried running the map without any mods loaded and it still happens.

For example, the Vehicle Refit Station site spawns 3 vehicles. An unarmed Ifrit, and two Zamak transports, one covered, the other not covered. Most of the time the uncovered Zamak and Ifrit work fine, but the covered one will not work. 

The Camp Site spawns a Quad Bike and an Armed Offroad. The Offroad virtually never works, but the Quad seems to have a 50/50 chance.

For the extra weirdness, when I'm playing the mission co-op with my brother, he can always operate the vehicles. I find that extra odd since I'm hosting the game and he isn't.

One side note... when my brother is driving a "broken" vehicle, the vehicle is silent. No engine noises at all.

I looked at the script that spawns the vehicles and I'm not seeing any reason why they don't work, however I wonder if somehow they are spawning with a minuscule amount of terrain collision. I still don't understand why a client would be able to move the vehicles and I cannot even if collision was the cause.

_vehicle_39 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["O_Quadbike_01_F", [1818.0513, 5627.2832, 0.11207256], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_39 = _this;
_this setDir 211.33353;
_this setPos [(1818.0513)-_centerX+_centerSpawnX, (5627.2832)-_centerY+_centerSpawnY, 0.11207256];
};