Sign in to follow this  
NATO2000

How to disable ejecting dead human player‘s bodies from the vehicle in the MP missions?

In  the multiplayer missions of Operation Flashpoint 1.96,

when players in a vehicle and then players are dead,

the dead body of the human player will be ejected from the  vehicle (no matter vehicle is still good or not )

I know the purpose of this design is to make the players get the equipments back after respawning

but now I have a special MP missions  and I  need to disable this global setting,

what should  I do?

I already tried code ejectdeadplayer=1;ejectdeadplayer=2; in the Description.ext,no working

For example,

in any SP missions,addons  M1A1 , players will not be ejected from tank when he is dead

in any MP missions,addons  M1A1 , players will be ejected instantly from tank when he is dead 

No matter if there is  a "Ejectdeadplayer" in the cpp or not,

players will be  ejected from a vehicle!

You die ,you ejected,And only happened in  MULTIPLAYER MISSIONS!

Ejectdeadplayer, ejectDeadDriver, ejectDeadGunner, ejectDeadCommander, ejectDeadCargo are entries that sit inside the CfgVehicles class, within the config.cpp, for the addon in question.

A value of 1 is the equivalent of "yes". As in, yes I want the crew to eject.

A value of 0 is no. Keep the crew inside the vehicle after it's destroyed.

If you want to edit global behaviour you'd have to use a config.cpp inside a custom mod folder. In much the same way as ECP, WW4 etc.

Capitalising text in a post is the internet equivalent of shouting. :)

Ejectdeadplayer, ejectDeadDriver, ejectDeadGunner, ejectDeadCommander, ejectDeadCargo are entries that sit inside the CfgVehicles class, within the config.cpp, for the addon in question.

A value of 1 is the equivalent of "yes". As in, yes I want the crew to eject.

A value of 0 is no. Keep the crew inside the vehicle after it's destroyed.

If you want to edit global behaviour you'd have to use a config.cpp inside a custom mod folder. In much the same way as ECP, WW4 etc.

Capitalising text in a post is the internet equivalent of shouting. :)

I am sorry,but I am afraid that you are not understand my question,

there is no concern with any addons or cpp file,

it must be a MP mission's global setting(MULTIPLAYER MISSIONS),

no matter if there is  a "Ejectdeadplayer" in the cpp or not, players will be  ejected from a vehicle!

you die ,you ejected,

no matter if there is a "Ejectdeadplayer" in a addon' CPP.

for example,

in any SP missions,addons M1A1, players will not be ejected from tank when he is dead

in any MP missions,addons M1A1, players will be ejected instantly from tank when he is dead 

so,no matter if there is  a "Ejectdeadplayer" in the cpp or not, players will be  ejected from a vehicle!

you die ,you ejected,

and only happened in  MULTIPLAYER MISSIONS!

To start with Mac is correct if you want a global fix. Now the ejectdead paramaters in the config.cpp is for:

cargo

driver

gunner

commander

There is no "ejectdeadplayer" in the config.cpp. If there is such a parameter it is hardcoded into the game.

It maybe be possible to change this parameter (if it exists) in each mission by adding a line in the init.sqs file (not description.ext)

init.sqs

"name of vehicle" ejectdeadplayer=0 (with no parenthesis)

If this doesn't work you are out of luck.

and again please reduce your font size and refrain from the use of all caps it is considered shouting and is rude. We are all older here but we are not blind or deaf.

• Like 1

@zulu

Yeah. Sorry about that. There is indeed no ejectdeadplayer entry.

@NATO2000

If any of the suggestions above don't work, you're talking about hard-coded behaviour.

To start with Mac is correct if you want a global fix. Now the ejectdead paramaters in the config.cpp is for:

cargo

driver

gunner

commander

There is no "ejectdeadplayer" in the config.cpp. If there is such a parameter it is hardcoded into the game.

It maybe be possible to change this parameter (if it exists) in each mission by adding a line in the init.sqs file (not description.ext)

init.sqs

"name of vehicle" ejectdeadplayer=0 (with no parenthesis)

If this doesn't work you are out of luck.

and again please reduce your font size and refrain from the use of all caps it is considered shouting and is rude. We are all older here but we are not blind or deaf.

wow!

Thanks for reply, I will adjust the font size,  sorry about that!

I detailed browsing your suggestions ,butI still do not fully understand the logic of OFP

To be sure,vehicle be destroyed is not the cause of “dead body ejectâ€, the player get killed is the real reason, (players are sure of dead after vehicle be destoryed)

It is really does not matter with the addons, as long as the multiplayer missions, as long as the player is dead, body will be eject.

If you are using an exactly the same addon,turning one multiplayer missions into a single-player missions,when you die the dead body will not be eject.

I once design a vehicle addon, inside cpp,there is no definition such as"ejectDeadDriver, ejectDeadGunner, ejectDeadCommander, ejectDeadCargo",

but dead body still ejected forcely.

And we also found that, even if the user write a very simply multiplayer missions that without loading any scripts, just put some objects and units on the editior, after the death of the player ,body will be ejected.

Therefore, we can determine that, , OFP must be designed this global setting for any multiplayer missions(yes,it affects any multiplayer missions,inclulding self-made),

However, due to the high open of OFP engine ,  I think there must be a way to  stop this setting.