Sign in to follow this  
Apaches.1

Unable to launch scenario

Hello guys,

Can person without any DLCs play a scenario that has objects like buildings, rocks from Apex DLC ?

The ERROR that friend gets when he tries to open my mission in editor

2REA56k.jpg

I'm making a mission that should not be dependant on any DLCs
Mission uses several addons (image below) and a lot of Apex objects and clothing, though none on player, my friend has all the mods that are required but doesn't own any DLCs.
He's unable launch the scenario, nothing happens when "Play" is pressed.

I'm clueless what's wrong, would appreciate some help.

Required addons (Map is Bornholm)

03syMm4.jpg

Someone please shed some light on me, this is really driving me nuts

YES you can not open the editor with missing content... including mods and official content unless you have them enabled, I think if you open the mission files in a text editor you can remove the requirements or placement of conflicting content such as finding the location of Tonoa rock and removing it from the lines then saving it.   

YES you can not open the editor with missing content... including mods and official content unless you have them enabled, I think if you open the mission files in a text editor you can remove the requirements or placement of conflicting content such as finding the location of Tonoa rock and removing it from the lines then saving it.   

You haven't read my post and completely missed the point, I know you can remove them by editing mission file, I dont want to remove them. 

Can person without any DLCs play a scenario that has objects like buildings, rocks from Apex DLC ?

You haven't read my post and completely missed the point, I know you can remove them by editing mission file, I dont want to remove them. 

yeah I completely missed the point... " you can not open the editor with missing content " nor can your friend play without having the required content 

yeah I completely missed the point... " you can not open the editor with missing content "

Yes you did completely miss the point.

I'm not asking if you can open editor with missing content.

"Can person without any DLCs play a scenario that has objects like buildings, rocks from Apex DLC ?"

Apex was downloaded for everyone, people play in same servers but can't use apex assets, so I'm asking about props

no you cant play missions without the required content... the editor and missions made from it are directly related to each other. you cant build something without have the required materials... the only thing that are carried on from apex to normal arma is vehicles, weapons, and gear... your friend will not be able to play with you with missing content and yes content does include rocks or signs or anything that is not a ( vehicles, weapons or gear )