Sign in to follow this  
Oliv

Pillbox range

From time to time I get enemy bases with pillboxes having range more then autocannons. What kind of units should be placed inside to get this range?

None of the infantry seems to shoot so far. These pillboxes definitely do not have heavies (who have the longest range) as they don't shoot rockets. Can it be a fire team with a highest rank? 10?

On the side note: these pillboxes fire long before my army gets to them and usually it's a no go for me. Two of them in a back-to-back position is impossible to destroy with HQ5 units.

Hi Oliv! Pillboxes are tricky ones. You can use any soldier units to occupy them - Fire Team, Heavy Team, Recon or Engineers. Every unit gives the Pillbox a different power, type of attack and range. Recon has the highest range and units with higher rank are more powerful. Promoting units to a higher level also makes them stronger. However, Pillboxes have a weakness because they have a blind spot in their back and you have to rotate them properly. They deal the highest damage when the enemy is approaching from the front. If enemy units are approaching from sides the damage dealt is lower. Pillboxes are also weak against flying units because they can't target them. Hope this helps. ;)  

• Like 1

I found some inconsistencies in my previous reply so here's the correct one. You can't use Engineers in Pillbox and while Pillboxes are vulnerable to flying units, Pillbox occupied by a Heavy Team can target them. Thanks to your question we also found out that ranking is not affecting Pillbox dps correctly and are working on a fix.  ;) Sorry for misleading answer.

• Like 1