4 hours ago, keeway said:

@rafy77 You only need new po_vehicles.pbo and make sure you havent loaded older version of this file at the same moment.

@alessiomoreno We need to focus on other things right now and atm we do not have the right manpower to deal with more tanks model, there are other priorities that need to be done ASAP. Maybe one day we will ask vilas if he can share his mlods with us, but I dont think he will agree due to RHS dependency.

@ferpo_the_great They will get some of these for sure also new weapons from GREF will be added to existing factions. 

Also in future we will try to fix modularity, but we cannot afford more than one version at the same time, so we go full GREF dependency (still with out SAF).

Do you think you can ask the RHS team about the system they use in the GREF mod for the Kar98 and Mosin so it can be added to the lee enfield?

48 minutes ago, LykosMactire said:

Do you think you can ask the RHS team about the system they use in the GREF mod for the Kar98 and Mosin so it can be added to the lee enfield?

I'd think that with GREF integrated, the Mosin and Karabiner 98k would replace the Enfield.

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I'd think that with GREF integrated, the Mosin and Karabiner 98k would replace the Enfield.

Enfile is common for many middle-east countries,cuz it was under British rule.

Mosin Carabine and K98K isn't that common.But I pesonnaly don't like ArmA2's ported Enfild,it's too crude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Enfile is common for many middle-east countries,cuz it was under British rule.

Mosin Carabine and K98K isn't that common.But I pesonnaly don't like ArmA2's ported Enfild,it's too crude.

I've seen more Kar98's in Iraq than Enfields surprisingly, you'd be quite surprised that the Kar98 can be found due to the Afrika Corps holding Places like Libya, Tunisia, and Egypt, I'd say both as are equally common particularly in the Northern parts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, road runner said:

I've seen more Kar98's in Iraq than Enfields surprisingly, you'd be quite surprised that the Kar98 can be found due to the Afrika Corps holding Places like Libya, Tunisia, and Egypt, I'd say both as are equally common particularly in the Northern parts.

Imma seems stuck in A-stan conflicts :P too much influence in Videogames before 2010 did their work.

Still didn't see direct replace for Enfilds.I don't like how it's done in ArmA2,but it's stuck in my head.

duhh.jpg

I could say any piece of antique stuff can be found at middle east.StGs,Kar,Garands,Mosins,PPSh... anything.

Yes, deffo more to be found in Afghan, but 90% are locally (Pakistan mostly) made copies :f: very good ones at that

• Like 2

Due to Afghanistan history (even pre-Zahir Shah era and later during his prime) and it's geografiphal position between Russian Empire, later USSR and British India this country got a lot of weapon's donations from both of these super-powers. Not only by also they were supported by Germany and Turkey during World War I and later during the World War II by Third Reich. During Cold War they were taking supports from USSR till the end of the Soviet Intervention and from USA in Operation Cyclone, so yes there's epic variety of weapons in A-stan and you can find nearly everything from Enfields, Mosin's, Kar98's, PPSh-41 to M1 Garand and a lot of more. So nope we will not replace Enfield with one of these and we will try to implement bolt-action system to our weapon.  

TLDR; We wont replace Enfield with Mosin/Kar98 coz we want to keep the variety

• Like 7

Hi im having a problem everytime i spawn units from this mod in the editor most of the units dont have ammo they spawn with the wrong magazines does anyone know what might be causing this?

11 hours ago, Reid236 said:

Hi im having a problem everytime i spawn units from this mod in the editor most of the units dont have ammo they spawn with the wrong magazines does anyone know what might be causing this?

A bit more information would help, which units? what weapons?

Im pretty sure its connected with HLC AK configs.

8 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

A bit more information would help, which units? what weapons?

Never mind keeway was right it had something to do with niarms 

3 hours ago, keeway said:

Im pretty sure its connected with HLC AK configs.

Thanks thats what was causing it :D

The decision about the future is already taken? There will be total dependency on all RHS mods?
At the moment just to use nice enemies of this mod I have following

-mod=@ace;@CBA_A3;@JSRS4APEX;@DerSilvers_BSAE;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@ProjectOPFOR;@task_force_radio;@ASR_AI3

Later on that command will have two more mods? :sad:
More dependency brings more risk of unstability as well..

14 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

More dependency brings more risk of unstability as well..

While yes thats true its my understanding that RHS is pretty much standardised in how they do things, so it shouldn't cause any issues to add GREF to the dependencies

I personally think its the right choice as GREF adds a huge amount of "generic" content that a mod like Project Opfor can only benefit from

• Like 1

so just to have isis or another midle east faction 3 huge mods (maybe later will come RHS Serbia as well) need to be installed. There is seriously no performance impact to have all those mods in a game?
Also when a problem arises (like current 3fps), nobody wants to check the problem because game marked as "Heavily Moded" although all I need in the first place was nicely done middle east factions from Opfor Mod and not the rest.

The decision is really taken to have full dependency? If yes, please inform us before hand so we can freeze current version (workshop automaticaly updates at the moment) of opfor and keep using it until it stops working :)

Maybe OPFOR can have regionwise releases? Like middle east, asia, africa, russian zone? Rhs has such structure so dependencies can be kept in low level based I feel

5 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

so just to have isis or another midle east faction 3 huge mods (maybe later will come RHS Serbia as well) need to be installed. There is seriously no performance impact to have all those mods in a game?
Also when a problem arises (like current 3fps), nobody wants to check the problem because game marked as "Heavily Moded" although all I need in the first place was nicely done middle east factions from Opfor Mod and not the rest.

The decision is really taken to have full dependency? If yes, please inform us before hand so we can freeze current version (workshop automaticaly updates at the moment) of opfor and keep using it until it stops working :)

Maybe OPFOR can have regionwise releases? Like middle east, asia, africa, russian zone? Rhs has such structure so dependencies can be kept in low level based I feel

It already uses RHS....

The only thing being added is GREF which is tiny compared to the other 2...

what do you mean? You didn't get what I write. I mean split it to locations to minimize dependency because I expect OPFOR Middle East will require RHS Russia or at max RHS USA as well (due to Iraqis latest purchases).

OPFOR Africa will require only Russia.

OPFOR Afghanistan only Russia.

OPFOR Russian Zone RHS Russia + GREF

is it clear what I mean now?

RHS didn't put their all bonbons into one colossal mod. Opfor is getting also bigger and bigger (it is not bad) so need to also become more modular or will be fragile in near future.

3 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

what do you mean? You didn't get what I write. I mean split it to locations to minimize dependency because I expect OPFOR Middle East will require RHS Russia or at max RHS USA as well (due to Iraqis latest purchases).

OPFOR Africa will require only Russia.

OPFOR Afghanistan only Russia.

OPFOR Russian Zone RHS Russia + GREF

is it clear what I mean now?

RHS didn't put their all bonbons into one colossal mod. Opfor is getting also bigger and bigger (it is not bad) so need to also become more modular or will be fragile in near future.

GREF adds generic content from all over the world, its not region specific so it would be useful for every single "region"

Afghanistan uses a huge amount of American equipment as does Iraq (As you said) so you would need all 3

Africa uses whatever they can get and alot of it is ex NATO so again all 3 are useful

Even the Ukraine has a fair amount of American gear these days so every single region benefits from having all 3 RHS mods

The mod already has dependencies for RHS USAF and AFRF, adding GREF adds a huge amount of content with a minimal increase in overall modpack size

Essentially your asking the mod maker to make 3 or 4 versions of his mod just so you can save on having to dl GREF.... when the only reason he is adding the GREF dependency is to make a better product for you....

Its his mod, if he thinks GREF will make it better then its his choice

RHS has a huge team. Project OPFOR does not. RHS is several mods. Project OPFOR is one mod.

It seems to me this discussion would be better off in the RHS thread, because this is really a request that RHS consolidate, and there's nothing Keeway can do about how RHS packages their stuff.

• Like 2

Lmao dude. It's Arma, not Skyrim. You can load more than 10 mods and not worry about stability. I literally run like 60 addons in Arma 3, many of which are pretty large and comprehensive mods like RHS, and have no issues whatsoever. And RHS GREF is like 1.3 gb, so unless you're running like a quarter terabyte drive, I think its not a problem of space. RHS GREF is nothing but positive. High quality, stable, not excessively large, and useful. I don't understand why people would even hesitate. Most of GREF is just retextures of RHS USAF and AFRF instead of new content, like Project OPFOR.

• Like 2

On 17.02.2017 at 7:53 PM, Reid236 said:

Never mind keeway was right it had something to do with niarms 

Thanks thats what was causing it :D

You were using outdated niarms compat configs. Toadie and Robalo have already fixed it in newest version. check steam workshop.

Regards.

3 hours ago, eduardcomando said:

Any plan for add Syrian Army in a future? Thank

According to the Roadmap on the Project Opfor website it is in the works.

version 0.3 - new factions - Turkey, SAA (Syrian Arab Army)

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can easily locate the list of ALiVE class names? I can't seem to find them