acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Reminder that issues go on the Github tracker and are ignored in "random" forum threads.

46 minutes ago, commy2 said:

Reminder that issues go on the Github tracker and are ignored in "random" forum threads.

I don't think I posted an "issue" as such but a general question I could not find the answer to anywhere else. If that wasn't directed at me I apologize.(it didn't specify)

Diesel

Wasn't targeted at anyone specifically. And I don't mind them here either tbh. But don't expect an answer or be mad if you're ignored. A forum is just a really bad place to keep track of these things. Same for the Steam Workshop. And while this is the official BI forum, it still isn't monitored by any of the devs on a regular basis.

quick question. I really like ace, incredible work. But after using it with a mission it seems that ace has become a dependency - even though no ace objects were spawned.

is this supposed to happen? must i make sure ace isn't running when saving and editing a mission or is there a way to prevent this?

>is this supposed to happen? 

No, but that is how the new 3den editor works and there is nothing we can do about.

>must i make sure ace isn't running when saving and editing a mission or is there a way to prevent this?

Yes, or edit the mission.sqm by hand, which is tedious.

As long as you place no additional ace modules, I don't think there is that much to remove... maybe one line.  I have to verify this thought but I don't recall it being that bad.

While we are on 3den... so I want to set characteristics using  the ace attributes option and make some medics and engineers be more effective.  Problem is the changes I make to the player slots seem to get all jacked up (its like clicking OK means jumble up all the setting I just made for this guy) and I am left with just using the assign medic and assign engineer modules.

Help!!! What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, lawndartleo said:

As long as you place no additional ace modules, I don't think there is that much to remove... maybe one line.  I have to verify this thought but I don't recall it being that bad.

That's not true unfortunately. Almost every object that is somehow modified by ace adds a dependency to the corresponding ace-addon. Place a vanilla vehicle in your mission without anything else relating to ace and you will have several dependencies: ace_realisticNames, ace_cargo etc.

When Eden was introduced to the main branch this was not the case, but BI completely botched the dependencies soon after.

Removing ACE dependencies is a quick task. Simply make sure to not binarize the mission.sqm; open it and empty the "addons" array at the begining of the file. Save, open the mission without ACE in editor and save it again.

• Like 1

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before....

Is there a way to increase the range of the ACE VMM Mine Detector so that you receive a warning sound a bit earlier?  As of now, I'm not hearing any warning audio until I'm roughly 2-3 feet from the IED..at which time I blow up more often than not.

I didn't know if there was a way to adjust this via settings or a module for users?

somehow there is an issue with savegames in SP.

when I have CBA and ACE loaded and I start a SP mission, I save the game and then load that savegame; it makes the savegame go missing and ends/crashes the mission. happens with every mission

Guys i have a question, i'm playing an MP mission (Lan) with a bunch of friends and we love ace3 medical system, we still have to try the advanced medical system, we don't know if we want to make our life harder so we're happy with the basic medical system atm.

The only thing that we don't like to much it's the 30Min Lifetime of Blood Bags once they are removed from a storage, i know it meant for being realistic and i have no problem with it, but we would like to change it by our own, is this something we can do? Like adding 20-30 minutes of lifetime to Blood Bags.

We're totaly noob with scripting editing and stuff, i have no idea what to do and even if it's possible, but if it's possible i would like to know how.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Vicashh29 said:

Guys i have a question, i'm playing an MP mission (Lan) with a bunch of friends and we love ace3 medical system, we still have to try the advanced medical system, we don't know if we want to make our life harder so we're happy with the basic medical system atm.

The only thing that we don't like to much it's the 30Min Lifetime of Blood Bags once they are removed from a storage, i know it meant for being realistic and i have no problem with it, but we would like to change it by our own, is this something we can do? Like adding 20-30 minutes of lifetime to Blood Bags.

We're totaly noob with scripting editing and stuff, i have no idea what to do and even if it's possible, but if it's possible i would like to know how.

Thank you :)

As far as I was aware the blood bags didn't go rancid after 30min they last forever on basic medical.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rekkless said:

As far as I was aware the blood bags didn't go rancid after 30min they last forever on basic medical.

Idk if i did something wrong at this point, i edited the pbo tho (to let AI go unconscious) but i'm pretty sure i left the Medical System to basic, i can heal my friend and IA w/o problems, they come back up after epinephrine and i don't have all the advanced options, so i'm pretty sure the system is set to Basic, but after the 30 min i can't transfer blood to anyone even if i have blood bags in my Inventory.:eh:

PCML - Is that supposed to be the Javelin?  The Titan Compact launchers work as per ACE (Thermal, TAB to lock, direct or top attack) but the PCML just acts like a PCML.  No TAB locking, etc.   I don't use all of the ACE modules, but I do use all of the ones that the documentation says that feature depends on.  (And again, the Titan Compact works fine.)

Is it just broken?

21 hours ago, doc. caliban said:

PCML - Is that supposed to be the Javelin?  The Titan Compact launchers work as per ACE (Thermal, TAB to lock, direct or top attack) but the PCML just acts like a PCML.  No TAB locking, etc.   I don't use all of the ACE modules, but I do use all of the ones that the documentation says that feature depends on.  (And again, the Titan Compact works fine.)

Is it just broken?

PCML = NLAW http://saab.com/land/weapon-systems/support-weapons/NLAW/

which as far as I know is kind of a dumbfire missile in that the system predicts where the target will be and fires to that point. The missile has no sensors, and doesn't "home in" but merely flies to the point the system believe the target to be at and explodes.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

4 hours ago, JD Wang said:

PCML = NLAW http://saab.com/land/weapon-systems/support-weapons/NLAW/

which as far as I know is kind of a dumbfire missile in that the system predicts where the target will be and fires to that point. The missile has no sensors, and doesn't "home in" but merely flies to the point the system believe the target to be at and explodes.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

That kind of sums it up except there is a proximity detonation sensor. I wouldn't exactly call its flight "dumb" per-se as rather than being on a merely ballistic trajectory, there is an electronic guidance system that steers the fins on the missile. Its basically an unorthodox type of inertial guidance system, but as far as I know it accomplishes its goals quite well (fire-and-forget as the operator doesn't have to steer it, probably more accurate than anything manually aimed in most cases and from what I've read cheaper than a homing weapon although clearly not as accurate, especially as it has no way to account for any unexpected movement on the part of the target).

12 hours ago, irving_mainway said:

That kind of sums it up except there is a proximity detonation sensor. I wouldn't exactly call its flight "dumb" per-se as rather than being on a merely ballistic trajectory, there is an electronic guidance system that steers the fins on the missile. Its basically an unorthodox type of inertial guidance system, but as far as I know it accomplishes its goals quite well (fire-and-forget as the operator doesn't have to steer it, probably more accurate than anything manually aimed in most cases and from what I've read cheaper than a homing weapon although clearly not as accurate, especially as it has no way to account for any unexpected movement on the part of the target).

Ah, I see my mistake.  The PCML is the "disposable" pbo.     However, I find that the missile trajectory is unaffected by having a "lock" (T key).   It just flies straight and hits extremely low.  I have to way overcompensate at even close ranges (say 200m) or it will hit the dirt.    It's too bad that reticle has no range references at all.  The RPG42 is much easier to use because of that.

• Like 1

Does anybody know how these get-in-options are put in the game?

I suppose it's some sort of house mod for shacktac, but maybe one of you has another idea, something similar laying around or an idea how to get hold of it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, belbo said:

Does anybody know how these get-in-options are put in the game?

I suppose it's some sort of house mod for shacktac, but maybe one of you has another idea, something similar laying around or an idea how to get hold of it?

I believe they are using the MELB from RHS, I would check to see if it's built into the helo first.

18 hours ago, mannulus said:

I believe they are using the MELB from RHS, I would check to see if it's built into the helo first.

Thanks for your input. But I tried it and it's not implemented in RHS.

One of my friend is having a weird error when he tries to connect to my server.
Ace3 particles is throwing up wrong signature message.
He reload the ace from steam, from armaholic but still the same.
In the end I gave him my ace3 folder from dropbox but still getting the same message.
Did anybody face something similar before?

Hello !

Anyone care to tell me how to disable the medical system?

The only thread I've found about disabling the medsys tells me to remove the medical*.pbo. So I removed em all on the server but when we join the server it tells us that our clients has certain medical addons and gets kicked off.

Does this mean every player have to manually delete his medical files ? :( :( 

I know nothing! 

I am doing something wrong and I want to know what it is! 

oh damn. Yeah I need my AI to be able to revive :P I tried using the editor to place the medical modules and changed to be basic, is that what you mean ?