Sign in to follow this  
skryp

Switching/traveling between server

Hello guys,

my mates and i are considering about a new server-concept but we are not sure if this is possible. We want to give players the possibility to switch between our servers right out of the game,

without:

• disconnect
  • lobby
  • server browser
  • search for server
  • connect

It should be like:

• go to trade
  • book a flight
  • get some fancy loadingscreen
  • join on second map

We are running currently 2 servers with exilemod, one with altis, one with tanoa. The idea is, to place a trader at the terminal of Altis and "book a flight" to Tanoa and inversely (add-action to trader?). Some ideas how to solve that?

The second problem is, how to connect the two SQL-DB's but this is currently a irrelevant. 

So if someone has a good idea, BRING IT ON  :lol:

Greets Skryp

Unfortunately no such working command exists. sendAUMessage would have allowed players to connect to other servers but it is broken and has no functionality. And to solve your DB problem, can you not just have both servers communicate with the same DB?

Ok thx for your awnser, 

but isn't it possible to use the disconnect-code in a script and directly after that send the connect command with the new IP.

With the DB i think it is possible to use only one but it should be like:

on altis you're preparing for the fight on tanoa cause there are no traders or something else. On tanoa there was a "biological disaster" and u will find rare stuff on tanoa u need for building on Altis. 

So the stuff, you find and loot on tanoa should be transferd to altis and invers. also u should be able to buy a car on altis and order it on tanoa via air drop or something else. 

Unfortunately no such working command exists. sendAUMessage would have allowed players to connect to other servers but it is broken and has no functionality. And to solve your DB problem, can you not just have both servers communicate with the same DB?

And why is the "SendAUMessage" broken? 

Great idea.... There was a space mod about 12 months ago recall that somehow allowed transit or am I remembering wrongly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea.... There was a space mod about 12 months ago recall that somehow allowed transit or am I remembering wrongly ?

possible u find this mod?

Tbh I wouldn't know where to start... Some guy was messing with orbital / ballistic physics with an in game UI a bit like a space capsule....

Cosmos engine mod 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27261

I would love to see this working. I had an idea for a server that was basically just a lobby with some silly stuff to do and meet/team up with other players before joining a different server.

All of this are great ideas but the basic problem is to log off from server one and log in automatically on server two.

After that the next problem is the DB 

on ARMAholic some one told me to try it with this :

>>

I don't think theres a direct way for it (maybe with an extension), you could however try the following:

hintC composeText["Click the following link to go to the other server:", lineBreak, "<a underline='true' color='#0000FF' href='steam://connect/SERVER_IP_HERE'>Book a flight to the other server.</a>"];

Upon using the action you could also save a variable in the users profile so the other server knows to spawn him at the airport when he joins.

<<

With the Databases can't you add a linked server to connect the two?

With a mod this would be possible. Just add an external link that starts the game and joins the server and have the mod bypass everything else or if you're feeling like dying before you fin the mod do it someway else. 

Nope not yet. Nothing new

We have a Mod, adds Vehiclecrafting to EXILE. 

We considered how we can add this to our mod.

We asked BI and the answer was sobering:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we´re very busy with development and there is no chance to engage in anything else in the near future.

Thank you for understanding

So anyone here who is good in backend programming? 

Saw this idea before, never tried it myself.

I'm pretty sure it could be done via an extension that calls a steam url command.