vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

1 minute ago, chortles said:

To follow on what pipewr3nch said, this UN peacekeeping statistics page on troop/police contributors declares that as of 28 February 2017 the contribution was 186 police (by itself larger than the combined Russian and US total contributions), 33 military experts, and 2348 troops for a combined total of 2567 personnel, although there are several non-Security Council member nations with much higher total contributions (usually by troops) and the PRC had previously announced plans to ramp up beyond that. They took one KIA and four WIA last year in an attributed-to-AQIM attack in Mali, then roughly five-to-six weeks later two fatalities and five wounded in South Sudan when a shell defeated a vehicle's roof (ZSL-92?) and penetrated into the troop compartment.

Well that's a piece of information i didn't know. Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated. 

There are UN soldiers in the mod (edit to add - PLA soldiers w/ the blue UN helmets).  However I have no paint skills so there will be no UN paint jobs unless someone else takes that on.

I tried to make a desert variation on the vehicle camo pattern and it was... lackluster.  So no desert colors either, at least not by me.

• Like 1

Showing some love to the SX-2190 trucks.  I think I nailed the desert camo for this one.

Fuel, Ammo/Supply, standard transport - AND a cargo truck w/ VIV cargo space in the back.  So you can load up your favorite ATV or motorcycle (or I suppose a PBX) and drive it where you want.  :)

Attempting the use of the BIS vehicle randomization for the first time on the standard transport model.  Too much work!  LOL  The transport model has randomization for bumpers, rear fence, tarp, and tarp frame.  I suppose that's up to 16 different customizations.  Spare tire script so you can replace a tire!  I need to work on the window RVMAT's as they are a bit too dirty. 

The SX-2190 chassis can also be used as a platform for other things like radar arrays, etc. so there may be some more wheeled units of different types coming to it.

My (Asian) wife said that the symbol on the right of the fuel represents "burnable" or "burning" or "hot" so at least the fuel characters are not saying something like "you are stupid"  :)    She also said the smaller characters near the door say "made in China"  lol

Image made on Bushlurker's 51km "tribute" terrain.  That terrain has so much potential!

SX2190.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hcpookie said:

She also said the smaller characters near the door say "made in China"  lol

Hahahahaha xD Jesus stop pumping out so much content! This is too much to take in! Can't wait to see all of this in the mod :)

• Like 1

I can't.  All this stuff from A2 needs to be imported! 

• Like 6

Nearly complete with the Type22.  Need to work on the missile systems and I think that will be it.  I've reduced all the whites to a medium grey and the greys to a dark grey.  Blues are much more color de-saturated.

Type22updated.jpg  Type22raft.jpg  Type22lights.jpg

• Like 4

Truck update.  The cargo truck doesn't carry a boat.  It does carry some ATV's.  I'm going to alter it to a "flatbed" to accommodate the raft's larger dimensions.

sxcargotest1.jpg

• Like 3

Well this is interesting indeed.  Inheriting from the default boat config/model, I can't load it.  Using the CUP zodiac it loads fine. HRM.

sxcargotest2.jpg

EDIT - I gave up on the vanilla boat... I just made a new boat :)  While I was at it I made the motor rotate on the transom when you turn it off.  And reduced the colors.  And added a roadway so you can stand/sit on the deck.  And added a fuel can :)

Only need to adjust the memory points so it loads correctly and that's all done.  "next question"

sxcargotest3.jpg

• Like 3

Improved textures for Type22 missile boat.

Type22texture_Update.jpg  Type22_Texture_Update2.jpg

AND progress on the statics:

statics.jpg

• Like 5

Just adding the A3/physx components to all the VME stuff.

Experimenting with the ZBD-03 blue texture (airborne units appear to use blue instead of the green)

zbd03bluetest.jpg  zbd03bluetest2.jpg

• Like 6

On 4/1/2017 at 8:20 PM, hcpookie said:

Nearly complete with the Type22.  Need to work on the missile systems and I think that will be it.  I've reduced all the whites to a medium grey and the greys to a dark grey.  Blues are much more color de-saturated.

Type22updated.jpg  Type22raft.jpg  Type22lights.jpg

So couple of quick questions on the boat after a gratuitous complement of; Heck yeah bud nice job cranking out the content! I like the subdued colors for the boat. Looks like it might fit into the massive fog banks and haze near the shore that inhabit the Tanoa map quite nicely.

1. Does the rubber boat in the bottom of the Type 22 get launched at all or is it just an art object? 
  2. Are the lights on the boat itself able to be rotated? Could a player use the boat or control it via Zeus?
  3. Are the interiors modeled at all? Nothing fancy just walkways and a simple control cockpit area similar to the way the internals are on the lowest decks of the Nimitz aircraft carrier?
  4. Forgot one more...Do the weapons (guns, missles, etc...) operate at all or are they fixed in place with no functionality?
  • Like 1

Looking for references outside of this one stating that some units in the PLA have started using multicam.

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=China

It has some good indications of the types of camo being used for troops by China but being from the US makes it a little difficult to track down information on them sometimes.

1 hour ago, Nichols said:

Looking for references outside of this one stating that some units in the PLA have started using multicam.

Do keep in mind that any "PLA units" that you see wearing non-official uniforms/camo (basically anything that isn't Type 07) are not actual troops from any of the main branches of the PLA. Most of the time these so-called "PLA units" are actually People's Armed Police or in very rare cases, SF. But for the majority of the time it's PAP that you're seeing whom many Westerners always mistake for actual PLA; the dead giveaway are almost always their arm patches.

Unlike troops from the main branches they have a lot more freedom in terms of being able to outfit themselves with whatever camo they want; either imported legally (unlikely) or commercially replicated illegally by any number of state companies (most likely).

If you're just looking for references, then Tiexue is a fairly okay place to start for some decent pics on equipment used by actual PLA forces. You'll have to live with machine translations if you don't know how to read Chinese though.

Edited by drebin052
gr8 spelling skillz
  • Like 2

So is CUP going to be a requirement for the vehicles or not? Sorry if that's been answered but I can't find anything definitive. 

Thanks @drebin052 and I do know about the special units and police stuff being different. Which is why if you look at my 15th PLA faction I used the VME troops for it instead of creating some off the wall things. When I am building my "Special Forces" groups for PLA I tend to stick to multicam or OD Green with generic looking plate carriers and other commercially available items.

@ferpo_the_great I don't know about this but in the case of Pooks SAM pack CUP vehicles are not required now. So I am guessing that he wouldn't require it now. Unless he just has no other choice. But I guess @hcpookie can answer that more definitively when he wants to address it.

8 hours ago, Nichols said:

1. Does the rubber boat in the bottom of the Type 22 get launched at all or is it just an art object? 
  2. Are the lights on the boat itself able to be rotated? Could a player use the boat or control it via Zeus?
  3. Are the interiors modeled at all? Nothing fancy just walkways and a simple control cockpit area similar to the way the internals are on the lowest decks of the Nimitz aircraft carrier?
  4. Forgot one more...Do the weapons (guns, missles, etc...) operate at all or are they fixed in place with no functionality?

1. Uses BIS VIV functionality.  Spawns w/ the boat loaded and ready to launch.

2. I presume you mean the turret-controlled spotlight... so yes.

3. Just the visual minimums for the cockpit area FPS views for those servers that do not use external views.

4. Um... of course they work... why would I make a missile boat that doesn't shoot missiles?  :)

No external dependencies.  I'm using the VME PLA configs from A2 where applicable, and changing inheritances to A3 formats.

I can only hope they live up to a standard where they can be compared to CUP  :)  The content itself is mostly VME PLA content - I am adding a few new things like the aforementioned Type22 missile boat and some new variations of different vehicles so I'm creating perhaps 3-4% of the content... the rest however is completely VME content just updated to A3 compatibility.

I am working on a WZ-551 APC mesh from scratch.  It is slow going but I think I can crank something out. 

And yes all the uniforms are the Type 7 I think it is called.  I remember reading that somewhere.  The VME team has already added that stuff and I have no intention of manipulating their fine work.  I may add some additional roles based on need (e.g. divers, etc) but that would be all...

• Like 1

HJ-8 Firing.  Animated reload procedure, not just the reload sound... yes that's the BIS Titan AT missile. 

HJ8firing.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hcpookie said:

HJ-8 Firing.  Animated reload procedure, not just the reload sound... yes that's the BIS Titan AT missile. 

I'm certainly not mad, you can change the missile proxy paths later. Speaking of vanilla ViV functionality, have you considered setting up the ZBD-03 for ViV, i.e. airdrop from an in-game Il-76M?

• Like 1

Hey @hcpookie you may have seen this already but it could be an addition to the fold for the PLA. 

14 hours ago, hcpookie said:

HJ8firing.jpg

Heck man I don't think it looks that much out of place with the images of the real life ATGM launcher vehicle you showed a week ago.

So I found the legacy A2 uniforms and managed to get them working in-game.

They aren't as pretty as the A3 uniform scheme.  The texture arrangement is completely different so this is going to be as good as these other uniforms can be unless someone else makes them for A3.  They should be hidden by the gear so it may not be as big a concern as I am making it. 

I looked through the other shirts/tops and none of them line up.  I might take a crack at trying to UV Map one of them.

As you can see they are based on the "Soviet Vest / pullover" texture, which has the apron near the bottom and not the standard "shirt top" texture.  It looks like there are no pockets on the front and that rear "pouch" area on the bag is visible.  Again, probably not that big a deal once you put vests/gear on them.  More testing will validate this.

I still need to update the RVMAT's so they aren't looking so washed out.  And do something about those belts

From left-right:  pilot, PLA AF camo (closest I can find of it), PLAN / PLA Marines, and Forest/Woodland (usually attributed to PLA Artillery units)

uniformtest.jpg