vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

Will all the showcased content you've been working on be in one big update, or will you release it in segments?

26 minutes ago, jdingo said:

this looks great and i can't wait for a release. will there be chinese voices for the units?

There are already Chinese voices in Apex.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 2:16 PM, jdingo said:

this looks great and i can't wait for a release. will there be chinese voices for the units?

They already use Chinese language/voices when you use the mod.

• Like 1

Been learning the new Jets features like damage components.  The planes are going to have these bits added.  Had to finagle the flame-out effect but it is working now.  I can't get the visuals to work where the surfaces have the burned-out damage texture applied so it still needs some work (rudder is also damaged in the pic).  At least we are making some progress!

J20damagetest.jpg

• Like 9

Figured out the visuals, and the flame-out smoke effects.  More progress

engtest2.jpg

• Like 8

Even more progress!  Thanks completely to Chortles, I now understand the dynamic loadout "magic".  So no more editor-spam w/ 10 different models of planes  :)

Here the J-10 has a mix of PL-5 and PL-12 AAM's.  I need to look around on 3Dwarehouse to see if any new models are available, since all the AA-M missiles use the same AIM-9 model.

J10loadout.jpg

Also this:

(edit - updated image :)  )

J10loadout_Editor.jpg

• Like 11

So I got the J10 and JH7A to load with the dynamic loadouts. 

jh7loadtest.jpg

The J20 bays are fixed... see below...

J20_test.jpg

• Like 7

FIXED!  The "holdsteranimvalue" setting of 1-2 for the belly bay doors min/max was still present, so the animation never completed.  Removed those values and presto the doors open now w/ the new dynamic pylon settings.  I guess the maxholdstervalue is going to be pretty much deprecated now.

The nice thing about the new dynamic pylon values is that FINALLY the doors only open when you press the fire button.  So you don't have to fly around w/ the doors open all the time, or develop a special script that opens doors and does whatever shenanigans do make the doors open/close.  Fun stuff!

J20doors.jpg

• Like 9

Just made an account but I've been following this mod's progress for quite a while now.

Now correct me if I'm wrong @hcpookie, but is a release in the near future? It's almost become unbearable to see what looks like some high quality equipment that a lot of faction mods don't even bother with, and if I'm not mistaken, they're not available anywhere! D:

Don't keep us waiting too long! We're itching to put China in their full glory on the field.

And great work by the way to everybody on the VME team, this is some work to be proud of.

Hi All,

I have been watching this mod for a long time with great interest.

I have previously tried massi PLA, but found it not compatible with ALIve (missing units and vehicles).

According to Armaholic and playwithSix the last update was 2016-7-16.

I am looking forward to the next update when I will add this to my collection and have a look at it.

I am using ALiVE, ACE 3, CUP and several other mods.

Thanks a lot to the China VME.

Cheers, 

Putting some finishing touches on the planes.  Getting *MUCH* closer to release!  :D  At this point it is basically bug-stomping mode toward the finish line!

Here you can see the working airbrake on the J10, night glow on the afterburner flame, night markers, and new improved missile models.  PL5, PL9, and PL12 in this loadout.  Note I added the RF proximity fuse on the PL12 using a real image found on the Interweb (kudos to anyone who knows where that image originated)

J10update1.jpg

... and... a large image close up of the missiles.  Here you can better see the PL12.  Also the inertial stabilizers on the PL5 and PL9 as well as the reflective face on the IR sensors.

J10update2.jpg

• Like 9

Is there a chance you could remove the optics rails and make them part of the actual scopes?

@Jagdgeschwader "that a lot of faction mods don't even bother with" That's probably because so much of said "high quality equipment" are Chinese designs that are either exclusive to the PLA or being exported to non-Western/European/Russian forces*, yet we may both know how infrequently non-Western/Soviet hardware was modeled for the Arma series -- or heck, how infrequently specific non-Western/European/Russian forces are represented in community mods -- at least where English-only readers can see them, hence all the reskins of vanilla and/or Soviet hardware in prior 'PLA' addons for Arma 3.

"itching to put China in their full glory on the field" This reminds me of a years-old claim that Chinese players were fine with Dragon Rising's PLA-as-antagonists because they also saw that game presenting the PLA as a serious, non-cartoonish opponent.

* For example, the VN16 and VN18 export versions of the PLA's ZBD-05 and ZTD-05 tracked amphibious armor were delivered to the Venezuelan Marine Corps in 2014-2015, while African militaries have been operating wheeled Chinese armor such as the WMA301 vehicle.

• Like 2

I'll suggest one reason no one messes with "other real factions" is that quality reference material is very sparse.  For example here are some of the challenges I'm still facing:

- realistic loadouts for aircraft: are there any charts ANYWHERE?  I'm making some educated guesses based on role and lots and lots of browsing photos and Chinese defense forums.

- no SAT/GPS weapons.  I haven't the time to invest in making a working GPS/INS package I can use as "standalone" and cannot honestly look to other people's work due to potential IP ownership rights down the road.

- variations/expansions of different vehicles.  If I don't stop making different variations of the vehicles this thing will never get done :)  Besides need to keep something back for the inevitable version.next update/patch/DLC

- static optic/accessory configs on the weapons (pre-Apex style) ... this one I will give a pass because I cannot say that the PLA forces have the ability to custom-equip their State-issued weapons with the same latitude that US and perhaps other forces have been afforded.  If the weapon has a scope on it, that scope shall forever remain attached.  Might look into adding that feature later down the road but not now...

You almost have to do a term paper's worth of investigation just to figure out what the heck the mod really needs.  It gets tedious at times!  A "safe bet" would be to make a faction like IceBreaker does that can be used as "generic regional faction" for all the reasons above :)

• Like 5

Hi All,

I was just wondering if VME_PLA_A3 mod is compatible with ALiVE mod and ACE3 mod?

If so, what is the ALiVE code for this faction?

Thanks,

13 hours ago, hcpookie said:

What is an ALIVE code?

Hello,

Please see the ALiVE mod wiki here.

The supported factions link.

I was wondering what is the code for this faction (VME_PLA_A3), for example BLU_F is the code for NATO faction.

ALiVE mod is an awesome dynamic battlefield generator allowing use of modules in the editor to create detailed factions as well as many functions in game.

Many unit mods have compatibility with ALIVE mod, for example @CUP_UNITS mod has codes for their factions such as CUP_B_USMC is the US Marines, CUP_O_RU is the Russian Federation troops, or CUP_I_NAPA is the "NAPA Chernarus" independent faction.

Thanks.

Groups haven't even been developed so it would only work within a limited scope w/ that mod.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Just FYI in case you haven't tried it - ALiVE now includes the ORBAT Creator - lets you create your own "ALiVE compatible" groups and factions so the possibilities are endless and the results can be shared...

Yeah - ALiVE is a must for me...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 1:55 AM, Percipio said:

Hi All,

I was just wondering if VME_PLA_A3 mod is compatible with ALiVE mod and ACE3 mod?

Thanks,

27 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Groups haven't even been developed so it would only work within a limited scope w/ that mod.

If you wouldn't mind.... please also make certain your mod is absolutely compatible with  every other mod out there.... also please include opscore fast helmets for each troop with the most high resolution pixel camo not even thought of yet. Oh and please add hello kitty M-4 knockoffs or else your mod is just plain crap. 

can you have it done by next week? My mom is hosting a birthday party for me and all my life mod clan members. I think she will surprise us with a clown and cake. everyone loves cake.

we might even get to stay up past 9pm playing your mod. 

..................... just keep doing what you are doing Pook.... you need anything you know where to find me. 

• Like 7

Hey its all good! :D  I am intrigued by the notion to config some dynamic groups as that will save time/effort in the long run.  To be honest looking at the vid it may not be any faster than using Notepad++ but people do like their UI gizmos.  No promises this late in the game but we'll certainly look into it!  :) 

Did someone say CAKE?!?!?!?

• Like 2

On 8/7/2017 at 1:55 AM, Percipio said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

They are compatible right out of the gate...however its a little weird. I have a PLA group setup utilizing RHS assets right now and once they update the VME then I will make my group with the full VME assets and get rid of RHS. Here is the link to my version....http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=867968975