That shouldn't matter if he will still use the default A3 skeleton, and no change to the named bones, or where they're placed, even the selection names are possibly the same.

If the helmet is attaching itself to a particular bone, as you've said L/R Femur memory points shouldn't really have moved either.

has anyone tried it on the other RHS custom uniforms?

Yep other RHS ones seems to work ok. Only the Crye ones I think. I've PM'd Cunico to see if he can shed some light on the skeleton/ memory points but I'm pretty sure that's what is causing it.

That is interesting. How exactly are you calling and attaching it? Perhaps a selection on the opscore is not done properly...

Attached using this:

_helmetHolder attachTo [_unit, [0.61,-0.08,0.62],"lfemur"];
[_helmetHolder, [0,5,90]] call GEARF_fnc_rotateObject;

Called using this:

[_player, 'right'] call GEARF_fnc_slingHelmet";
  • Like 1

--  NEW VERSION 0.2  --

0.2 - Auto Detect Secondary Headgear

• Detects any additional headgear in backpack and places on head when helmet it slung.
  • If you un-sling helmet whilst wearing any headgear it will add to backpack or place on ground if no space.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724653802&tscn=1468700693

• Like 1

So i've been trying to get the helmet's attaching to backpacks however due to the way attachTo and setVectorDirAndUp work the helmet will not follow the movement of the backpack. Video below to demonstrate. If anyone has any ideas it would be welcome. The only way i can see this working if with something like the way BI have the pistols showing in holsters. Defining a memory point on the backpacks as "helmet holsters" and allowing the helmet model to sit in the position. 

• Like 1

So i've been trying to get the helmet's attaching to backpacks however due to the way attachTo and setVectorDirAndUp work the helmet will not follow the movement of the backpack. Video below to demonstrate. If anyone has any ideas it would be welcome. The only way i can see this working if with something like the way BI have the pistols showing in holsters. Defining a memory point on the backpacks as "helmet holsters" and allowing the helmet model to sit in the position. 

I have absolutely no idea how to help with this, but that sounds like a good way to do it-using the holster system. There are plenty of vests modded with holsters on the chest so moving that is do-able.

I have absolutely no idea how to help with this, but that sounds like a good way to do it-using the holster system. There are plenty of vests modded with holsters on the chest so moving that is do-able.

Thing is it seems like an engine function - there are no scripting commands that are related to it. Without a hand from BIS I doubt this would happen :( I'll keep thinking on a work around in the meantime.

• Like 1

a couple of us guys spent a while working out how to sling a gun on your back .. basically this is a snippet from the script that you can try to adapt for this. We never perfected the system and decided to abandon the project, maybe you can make use of the code though. :)

_dos = _unit selectionPosition "leaning_axis";
      _head = _unit selectionPosition "head_axis";
      _vector = _head vectorFromTo _dos;
      _gun attachTo [_unit, [0,-0.15,+0.15],"spine3"];
      _gun setVectorDirAndUp [[ _vector select 2, 0, -(_vector select 0)],[ 0, -(_vector select 2), _vector select 1]];

Nice mod, we use it why my group ! :)

Somme issues & suggestions :

- In MP (I do not check it in SP) we have an issue : When entering a vehicle the attached helmet fly outside the vehicle.

- Same thing using the Advanced Urban Rappelling mod (Did not try it with the ACE rappelling from helicopter) (See here)

- Wouldn't be nice to be able to attach backpack/weapons/helmets... to vehicles ? I know it could be a lot of work but this can look nice !

• Like 1

Nice mod, we use it why my group ! :)

Somme issues & suggestions :

- In MP (I do not check it in SP) we have an issue : When entering a vehicle the attached helmet fly outside the vehicle.

- Same thing using the Advanced Urban Rappelling mod (Did not try it with the ACE rappelling from helicopter) (See here)

- Wouldn't be nice to be able to attach backpack/weapons/helmets... to vehicles ? I know it could be a lot of work but this can look nice !

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear people are using it. 

• Vehicles/ Rappelling MP issue is know and its a localisation issue with the commands that I need to sort. Will be fixed in 0.3.

As for backpacks on vehicles I'd love to do this but would have to be limited to a few certain vehicles to start with. Also thinking of adding the ability to turn on torches/ IR strobes on certain helmets. I am working on these slowly but just about to start a new job so that takes priority. 

• Like 3

Can you also think about adding feature to sling the primary weapon on front.

• Like 1

It's like you can read my mind - although I'm hitting the same issues as helmet to backpack.

• Like 2

Something I have noticed when you have a weapon slung in vanilla or with launchers is that they can actually stop bullets of most kind, usually up to about 50. BMG, but sometimes up to 20mm cannon rounds, if they hit the gun directly.

• Like 1

It's like you can read my mind - although I'm hitting the same issues as helmet to backpack.

a couple of us guys spent a while working out how to sling a gun on your back .. basically this is a snippet from the script that you can try to adapt for this. We never perfected the system and decided to abandon the project, maybe you can make use of the code though. :)

_dos = _unit selectionPosition "leaning_axis";
      _head = _unit selectionPosition "head_axis";
      _vector = _head vectorFromTo _dos;
      _gun attachTo [_unit, [0,-0.15,+0.15],"spine3"];
      _gun setVectorDirAndUp [[ _vector select 2, 0, -(_vector select 0)],[ 0, -(_vector select 2), _vector select 1]];

Did you ever look at attaching it to a vector instead of a single memory point? It'll fix your issues with the helmet and if you changed it a little it would work for a weapon sling on the front of the character :)

• Like 2

Did you ever look at attaching it to a vector instead of a single memory point? It'll fix your issues with the helmet and if you changed it a little it would work for a weapon sling on the front of the character :)

I have no idea how I missed your last post.... I will look into that right away!

Updated mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey flax_ , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

I know there was an animation for this. Before in the Alpha days (IIRC) when using binos you'd sling your rifle on your chest. Still pissed off they removed that!! :(

Could we also get an option to sling to chest? I've made a script for that already but not as fancy as this. The helmet fly off when entering vehicles and it works with every kind of headgear and is very desynci. Also not working with ACE3 so would really like that addition.