Sign in to follow this  
rwwiggins

Long Arma 3 startup delays in Steam as it re-downloads all mods

When I start up Arma 3 in Steam (that is, fire up the Arma 3 launcher) it appears to download every subscribed add-on/mod from the workshop.  For large mods like CUPS, Bornholm, etc this can be up to a 30 minute delay!  Shouldn't it just verify your local mod content and then only download new or missing content?  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a setting I don't have configured properly? The obvious work-around is to load the large add-ons manually, but long-term that seems to defeat the whole purpose of the workshop framework.

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

It's happened to me twice and I had a ticket open on the OLD feedback tracker.

Yeah, it's been around for a long time now and it's absolutely awful when it bites you.

Happened to me as well. You may have to manually unsubscribe from all workshop items.For me it was 1200 things...

I don't have any mods from Steam - they're all manually added. But I still experience a 15-20 second delay while the launcher checks it all out. Launching ArmA before this check is complete results in a vanilla bootup of ArmA, no mods at all. I wonder if some option can be worked in that can disable the check?