POLPOX

POLPOX's Calm Animations 3

7 hours ago, polpox said:

Sorry for late, something is wrong with my new PC. Maybe this take so long.

\:

Well i hope not before ArmA 4 right?

On 13/06/2017 at 2:05 AM, shoxerr said:

Well i hope not before ArmA 4 right?

Hopefully this is a joke, because as you might know it is against forum rules to keep asking authors for due dates.

On 18.6.2017 at 11:15 AM, anfo said:

Hopefully this is a joke, because as you might know it is against forum rules to keep asking authors for due dates.

lol. well yea it was a joke, but aside from that i didnt read the rules so, sory for brecking one :X
+ Update me when is ready man, ( just hope not to much )

As you might know, I am ready for it and yes, the script too.

You can now download it from the link. Changelogs are toppaged.

Try it with your own group and its AI units. You may find new feature. All, regroup!

POLPOX - Great script. Thank you for your efforts! I hope to put it to good use in a mission I've been working on.

I'm not very sharp when it comes to scripts (reading or writing), which means a lot of baby steps for me, so sorry in advance if anything I say here seems overly noobish. Anyway, I placed the .sqf in the mission folder (as-is) and was able to get some animations working on the units OK. But, I get the following errors on launch and in the RPT when I run the test mission:

21:04:13 Warning Message: Script scripts\PLP_calmSoldier3.sqf not found
21:04:13 Error in expression <f (!isServer) exitWith {} ;

_origPos = getPosASL param [0] ;
_origDir = getDir >
21:04:13   Error position: <getPosASL param [0] ;
_origDir = getDir >
21:04:13   Error getposasl: Type Group, expected Object
21:04:13 File C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\GoProne\missions\Maldon_Polpox.Malden\PLP_calmSoldier3.sqf, line 87

What is this telling me and what am I doing wrong? Any advice from anyone that can help me get this cleaned up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!  

5 minutes ago, gopr0ne said:

What is this telling me and what am I doing wrong? Any advice from anyone that can help me get this cleaned up would be greatly appreciated.

Probably you throws a wrong argument. Make sure the first argument is an unit. I guess, you write the script to a group's initialization?

2 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Probably you throws a wrong argument. Make sure the first argument is an unit. I guess, you write the script to a group's initialization?

Well, I put down a Fire Team and then ungrouped them. Oh wait! Ahh.......I see! Yes I did find a stray script line that I put in the wrong INIT box of one of the players and never took it out. Seems to have fixed it. Thanks a bunch!!

This will sure give my mission so much more immersion. :icon14:

On 23/06/2017 at 9:51 PM, POLPOX said:

You can now download it from the link. Changelogs are toppaged.

Link on first post? And change logs are where?

Is new script v3.03?

1 hour ago, anfo said:

Link on first post? And change logs are where?

Is new script v3.03?

Get to the first post, open the spoiler.

17 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Thanks Polpox, can't explain not seeing it first time :headscratch:

On 27.6.2017 at 4:26 PM, POLPOX said:

Thank you man! ill try it out later i just come back from 1 week brack hoped u fixed it by then, !

Does the other links on the offical website is fixed? cuz i see the 3.0 and here is 3.3, which one? ( i mean obvious the 3.3 ) but is this really the new fixed after all?

We're about to have a dedicated PvE game this weekend and we've been heavy on setting up atmosphere with your animation script. This should be a good test in MP

Can I ask however, how close does enemy fire have to be before AI stop animations? We've set up some pretty heavy engagements nearby (=< 200m), and AI with animations will not react for a while (if they stop at all). Do they have to fired at directly, or is there a proximity distance value?

3 hours ago, anfo said:

Can I ask however, how close does enemy fire have to be before AI stop animations? We've set up some pretty heavy engagements nearby (=< 200m), and AI with animations will not react for a while (if they stop at all). Do they have to fired at directly, or is there a proximity distance value?

This is depends on the game's AI, so I don't know how far they react actually - they react a bullet impact at about 10 meters distance.

BTW, relating to this... I just got a good idea, that makes more realistic. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

How would I go about cancelling an animation via script?  ie: I have a unit that the players need to interact with, and after they do I was wondering if I could cancel the script with the sqf script that is called when they use the addAction. The addAction has the unit join their group, but it won't do it when using the calm animations.  (actually it does join the group, you just can't direct it)

I was trying this:   LtCol getVariable ["PLP_calmSoldier_abort", false];   No errors. But no change either.  (tried true also)

Thanks,

Fire

Edit

Just reread the first post. I see that a unit command should kill the script. Maybe my issue is because I'm using "CUFFED"?

Edited by FireWalker

7 hours ago, FireWalker said:

I was trying this:   LtCol getVariable ["PLP_calmSoldier_abort", false];   No errors. But no change either.  (tried true also)

You have to use setVariable but not getVariable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

You have to use setVariable but not getVariable.

I think I must go blind sometimes. I sat there staring right at getVariable...

Anyway, this works:

LtCol setVariable ["PLP_calmSoldier_abort", true];

Thank you for the help,

Fire

On 01/04/2017 at 1:50 PM, anfo said:

Hi Polpox.

The units I put animations into will work fine during testing on an MP server, but at game time we sometimes find that all animated units will not appear, or the animations don't start. I'm not sure if it has to do with working with other scripts, players spawning in or sync issues, but I was wondering if you know an addition that will force the script to wait for n minutes while everything is starting? Perhaps this may fix our problem.

Anfo

We saw this problem appears also. Some of the animated units were visible only on some computers. It seems to be totally random. The units appears on all computers precisely at the time when the exit anim loop to begin fighting. I can't find any logical reason for it, but I'm still digging through your script to find out what's happening. It would be great to see an updated version fully working !

Sorry for late...

I launched two Arma 3s, and test about that issue but I couldn't reproduce it.

BTW looks like it is a issue about attachTo and Local Object. Then it may be solved.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2017 at 7:05 PM, Cheitan said:

We saw this problem appears also. Some of the animated units were visible only on some computers. It seems to be totally random. The units appears on all computers precisely at the time when the exit anim loop to begin fighting. I can't find any logical reason for it, but I'm still digging through your script to find out what's happening. It would be great to see an updated version fully working !

@Cheitan you quoted an old post of mine and I think Polpox fixed the issue in a newer version of script. All of our animations seem to be working ok now in MP. I am encouraging other mission makers in my clan to use the script instead of BIS animation solutions to continue testing. One last thing to possibly be fixed is to have animating AI respond to nearby fire at a more appropriate range (maybe ~200m instead of 15m).

• Like 1

On 15/08/2017 at 8:51 AM, anfo said:

@Cheitan you quoted an old post of mine and I think Polpox fixed the issue in a newer version of script. All of our animations seem to be working ok now in MP. I am encouraging other mission makers in my clan to use the script instead of BIS animation solutions to continue testing. One last thing to possibly be fixed is to have animating AI respond to nearby fire at a more appropriate range (maybe ~200m instead of 15m).

Ok good to know, thanks. I'm already thinking to another solution to avoid IAs to be static when shots are fired near them but too far for the event handler to trigger. As what I want to do is part of a global ennemy occupation system, it should be possible and realistic to design something like a general alert when one of the IAs is alerted. We'll see how to do this in a few days.

2 hours ago, anfo said:

I get this when working with calm animations in MP. Animations seem to work fine though. Ignore?

Yes, ignore it please. I forgot to remove that hint.

Hi there!

I joined an Arma clan some time ago, and now I´m making my first mission for them. I looked for animations, and your pack is complete and looks great! However, I have the same problem as anfo: although the animations work, I get that message when previewing the mission. Will that message show up when playing with my fellow clanmates? If it does, I doubt they´ll let me use your animations. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

9 hours ago, TOMCAT-1987 said:

Hi there!

I joined an Arma clan some time ago, and now I´m making my first mission for them. I looked for animations, and your pack is complete and looks great! However, I have the same problem as anfo: although the animations work, I get that message when previewing the mission. Will that message show up when playing with my fellow clanmates? If it does, I doubt they´ll let me use your animations. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Thank you for using my product. Please remove or comment out

hint str _attachObj ;

at line 924. Due to I'm lazy, it's not fixed yet :p

Thanks a lot! That fixed it nicely!

There is another thing I didn´t notice before. When characters end or change their animations, I get chat messages in the low-left corner of the screen. "SWITCH MOVE", "detach sequence" and things like that. I have tried deleting the CHATLOG lines in the sqf, and that seemed to get rid of those messages. Is that enough? Could it cause trouble?