NOTE:  New in v3.0: Split CUP and FAP Units support into their own mods.  Baseline is now ONLY for BIS vanilla factions

Copyright 2018 hcpookie.  This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except under the Steam account named hcpookie

REQUIRES my CAMONETS pack!

Camonets pack can be found here:   http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186395-pook-camonets/

Steam update is complete! 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859301260

CUP addition:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600158023

FAP Units addition:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600159142

This is a combined AFV pack which is a port of my A2 BRDM-2 pack, A2 BTR-60 pack, BTR-80, BPM-97, and my Pandur release.

PANDURS:  Fixed all the observed/reported issues and resolved lighting issues w/ the new A3 lighting configuration.  Also fixed the scripting errors with the HQ outpost site.  The same pics are still available on the original release thread:  http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188157-pandur-import-from-a2-release

BRDM2 pack.  Finally managed to get it imported into A3.  All the features of the BRDM2 pack are present.  NEW 3D model for 9K31 (SA9) 3D launcher.

BTR60 pack.  Same thing as BRDM2 pack... all features of the A2 BTR60 pack are present.  Sit-on-top cargo positions are not FFV due to animation limitations.

BTR80 pack.  Based on Citizenship's BTR80 3D model.  New unique texture sets for factions.

BPM97 pack.  New.  Based on Citizenship's BPM97 3D model.  New unique texture sets for factions.

The PDF guide describes all of the models and versions in detail, so I will not get that deeply into all the unique versions here.  However here are a few major details of interest:

- New "AFV" editor classes, and new preview pics.

- Various Forest and Desert texture sets based on faction
- Enhanced 3D model with walkable interior, and fully articulated surfaces and hatches
- New versions based on Real Life examples, with accurate cargo complement
- Foliage camouflage that can be user-deployed
- Camouflage netting in user-selectable colors that is MP-synchronized
- Signal panel banner for easy identification from the air
- Climbable exterior (access from the rear) and walkable top deck and interior
- Night marker “green glow†convoy lights
- Fully articulated water fording gear and propellers
- Random MP-synchronized “clutter†and insignia decals
- Working gas can (refuel action) and spare tires on some models

A few pics of the goodness... if you want to see more pretty pics, LOAD THEM UP IN THE GAME!  :D

Changelog:

1/9/2019:

• FIX: KPVT 14.5mm ammo settings
  • FIX: PKT Turret mags in the BTRs were missing ammo

v3.0:  12/23/2018:

• FIX: Some driver INIT views were offset
  • FIX: Numerous gunparticle effects
  • FIX: Several 3D model issues on Pandurs
  • FIX: Transparent texture on HOT-2 missile
  • FIX: Numerous texture issues
  • FIX: Physx settings on all vehicles (broken suspension settings)
  • FIX: Broken suspension points on BPM-97 3D model
  • FIX: Turrets on Pandur transport, mortar and MGS versions
  • IMPROVED: BRDM2-AT-2 uses improved missile model
  • IMPROVED: Ambient Radio script now "off" by default - players can now activate the radio via user action; mission makers may activate it via INIT.
  • NEW: Native support for Vanilla factions; CUP and FAP Units are now optional

v2.2:  2/7/2017:

-           FIX: Incorrect 9K31 (SA9) CDF/RU side/faction assignments

-           FIX: Incorrect HQ class assignments for several factions

-           FIX: 2A42 cannon animations

-           FIX: Some vehicles drive under water:  Pandur M2 / slat,  Pandur SP30 / slat, BRDM2 9K31 (SA9), BRDM2 ASRAD, BRDM2 Police Models

-           FIX: Distance LOD issues on some vehicles:  Pandur M2 / slat, Pandur SP30 / slat

-           FIX: Pandur MGS: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.CUP_12Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_105mmHE_M68_Cannon_M'

-           FIX: RPT Error dur to Pandur INIT script

-           FIX: RPT errors dur to Pandur parts' model configs

-           FIX: BRDM2 PhysX wheel height

-           FIX: BRDM2 missing engine idle noises

-           FIX: Pandur mortar driver view missing PIP view

-           FIX: Some preview images were incorrect

-           FIX: Improved rear ramp script to better synchronize in MP JIP situations

-           IMPROVED: 2A42 cannon shell eject and muzzle effects

-           IMPROVED: Pandur engine sounds

-           IMPROVED: BTR-80 RVMAT

-           IMPROVED: 9K31 (SA9) missile launch effects aligned with missile – no more offset smoke effects!

-           NEW: BPM-97 APC family.  Standard transport w/ FFV, 2A42 cannon, and Ambulance models

-           NEW: Ambulance versions for Pandur and BPM-97 with day/night emergency lights

-           NEW: 3D model for Pandur Ambulance

-           NEW: POOK_AFV Folder name and mod.cpp to assist with hosted server management and download solutions

-           NEW: Day/night convoy flashing light for certain Pandur models

-           NEW: Radio ambience scripts

V2.1:  6/28/2016:
 - FIX: Popup error.

V2.0:  6/27/2016: Revised A3 release
 - NEW: Port of my A2 BRDM2 Improvement pack
 - NEW: Port of my A2 BTR-60 pack
 - NEW: BTR-80 APC versions
 - NEW: Combined BRDM-2 Improvement pack, BTR-60 pack, BTR-80 pack, Pandur pack.  This “combined†AFV pack supercedes my previous “standalone†pook_Pandur pack.

• Like 8

FIRST!

FYI I will be going "mostly" offline for Real Life for a few weeks time, so updates/errors may or may not be addressed in a timely fashion.

Edit to add - the BTR80 isn't as polished as I'd like but it functions.  So its a little rough around the edges right now :)

• Like 1

I have a bit of time today, so I will release a small update to address the one small popup error that doesn't affect anything but is annoying...

• Like 1

Update - fixed the popup error (actually 2 different ones).  The pack is now "popup-error-free" so much as I have tested. 

The ONLY thing you'll need to download is the small replacement file:

pook_AFV_v2.1a

The other two download files (B, C) are unchanged!  You may simply overwrite the pook_AFV.pbo file with the one in here and you're golden!  :D

And before anyone asks, YES I am aware of the RPT errors.  As I said I'll be going "mostly" offline for the next few weeks due to Real Life and will address these non-critical errors when I get the time.  New features are planned for future updates, but for now we will not have the flare pistol, road flare, etc.  Would you believe I started working on that road flare before DayZ was released but couldn't figure out how to make it work.  When I saw "they" had hand flares I said "well if they can do it..." but never completed the config.  One day... :)

• Like 1

Thank you! Will dl when at home!

• Like 1

Nice work! 

But Dude ... your BTR-80 have some serious texture, clipping and config problems  :huh:

Outside and inside textures seems "color broken" and are slightly transparent, does hurt the eyes really bad. 

On the rear is a hole on the side with them i can look through the whole tank! 

As Gunner, if i move the turret the cannon stays in the spawn position and the camera does not move, but the turret is moving. 

Difficult to describe .... 

And the commander has no rangefinder. 

Not playable at all. But they have a nice rear camera  ^_^

Nice work! 

But Dude ... your BTR-80 have some serious texture, clipping and config problems  :huh:

Outside and inside textures seems "color broken" and are slightly transparent, does hurt the eyes really bad. 

As Gunner, if i move the turret the cannon stays in the spawn position and the camera does not move, but the turret is moving. 

I assume you testing these with CUP Vehicles as its a requirement?

Nice work! 

Well, that's the first release. I'm sure Pook's gonna get on that stuff when he gets back  ;)

So its a little rough around the edges

"a little"  -_-

Then please excuse this misunderstanding, i wasn't aware of our interpretation of "a little"  ;)

Well, that's the first release. I'm sure Pook's gonna get on that stuff when he gets back  ;)

Yeah I just shared that as a teaser really.  The hatches are "hatch1" and "hatch2" if you want to animate them open... "this animate ["hatch1", 1]; this animate ["hatch2", 1];"

• Like 1

"a little"  -_-

Then please excuse this misunderstanding, i wasn't aware of our interpretation of "a little"  ;)

Well if you don't like, don't use it. Or perhaps offer to help to make the addon better, or you could make your own ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for hosting it Foxhound! 

Well if you don't like, don't use it. Or perhaps offer to help to make the addon better, or you could make your own ;)

Just to put this into perspective there are 298 different vehicle variations.  You get nearly 300 vehicles for $0.00 unlike DCS where you have to spend $30 for 5 vehicles and one terrain.  There are 27 BTR80 combinations at last count.  So 298-27 leaves 271 vehicles that are "a little more polished". 

Since I mostly learned 3D modeling with the BRDM's, it is likely close to the equivalent of one year's worth of work "unpaid" to make these happen - assuming since I started with the BRDM's back in 2011.  1600 hours = 40 weeks' worth of 40 hours over the past 5 years, which is a "business contract year".  That's basically 6-8 weeks a year devoted to these vehicles over the past 5 years, and I'm certain it was more than that.  Just sayin' I need a raise.  Or a new hobby.

• Like 5

Awesome vehicles, now I hate to ask but is there any possibility of you adding the recovery & engineering variants of the Pandur II in the future? Only reason I mention it is there are hardly any engineering vehicles out there and we'd love to use a Pandur as our combat engineering vehicle.

If not then no worries, just curious. :)

I haven't found any pictures of a wheeled recovery vehicle.  I can add one but wouldn't know how best to configure it.  Usually recovery vehicles are tracked.  I could add a crane/etc. to the base model but would like to have more information for a "real" recovery vehicle.  Ambulance is a possibility I'll have to look into.

A little preview of more goodness to come:

BPM97_lineup.jpg

• Like 2

I am making the time to work on some bugs I have discovered.  If there are other issues with the pack I am unaware of, please let me know!  :)

Pandur:

=======
M2 transport:

- drives under water
 - Distance LOD issue
MGS: 
 - "no entry" error popup
SP30 slat:
 - distance LOD
M2 transport slat:

- drives under water

- Distance LOD

BRDM2:

=======
9K31:

- drives under water
ASRAD:

- drives under water
Police Models:

- drives under water

ALSO:

======

Adding Ambulance and Engineer vehicles.

• Like 3

Another teaser...

-       

-           FIX: Incorrect 9K31 (SA9) CDF/RU side/faction assignments

-           FIX: Incorrect HQ class assignments for several factions

-           FIX: 2A42 cannon animations

-           FIX: Some vehicles drive under water:  Pandur M2 / slat,  Pandur SP30 / slat, BRDM2 9K31 (SA9), BRDM2 ASRAD, BRDM2 Police Models

-           FIX: Distance LOD issues on some vehicles:  Pandur M2 / slat, Pandur SP30 / slat

-           FIX: Pandur MGS: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.CUP_12Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_105mmHE_M68_Cannon_M'

-           FIX: RPT Error dur to Pandur INIT script

-           FIX: RPT errors dur to Pandur parts' model configs

-           FIX: BRDM2 PhysX wheel height

-           FIX: BRDM2 missing engine idle noises

-           FIX: Pandur mortar driver view missing PIP view

-           FIX: Some preview images were incorrect

-           FIX: Improved rear ramp script to better synchronize in MP JIP situations

-           IMPROVED: 2A42 cannon shell eject and muzzle effects

-           IMPROVED: Pandur engine sounds

-           IMPROVED: BTR-80 RVMAT

-           IMPROVED: 9K31 (SA9) missile launch effects aligned with missile – no more offset smoke effects!

-           NEW: BPM-97 APC family.  Standard transport w/ FFV, 2A42 cannon, and Ambulance models

-           NEW: Ambulance versions for Pandur and BPM-97 with day/night emergency lights

-           NEW: 3D model for Pandur Ambulance

-           NEW: POOK_AFV Folder name and mod.cpp to assist with hosted server management and download solutions

-           NEW: Day/night convoy flashing light for certain Pandur models

-           NEW: Radio ambience scripts

bpm97final.jpg

Adding the ambulance versions...

974585.jpg   pandur_amb.jpg

And the rear camera... for both cargo and driver...

pandur_rearcam.jpg     Pandur_Rear_Cam.jpg

• Like 5

Delightful stuff that! I like the unique bits like the BPM-97.

A small note on that one tho - the 30 mil BPPU turret could be moved a bit further up-front if you have the time for that

fotofakt-broneavtomobil-vystrel-v-rayone

All your stuff is always enriching the armaverse with something new! :drinking2:

• Like 1

I see that... thanks for that pic.  I moved it up some more.  The 3D model (from Citizenship) is a bit off so it isn't as far forward as it could be, perhaps by 0.25m.  Shouldn't be a problem really :)

v2.2 update is imminent.  Fixing some more little things before sending out the door.

v2.2 upload complete!  On my one drive.  I'm going to try to publish this to steam if this works...  http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=859301260

A few little things to be on the lookout for...

IMPORTANT:  I have renamed the folder from @POOK (where I put everything) into @POOK_AFV.  This should help the download managers (like withsix) as well as MP server management.  So if you have a previous build in the @POOK folder, delete all these files... if you don't delete them, the mod will almost certainly pop errors:

brdm2imp.PBO
brdm2imp.PBO.pook_v2.bisign
pook_AFV.pbo
pook_AFV.pbo.pook_v2.bisign
pook_BTR60.PBO
pook_BTR60.PBO.pook_v2.bisign
pook_BTR80.PBO
pook_BTR80.PBO.pook_v2.bisign
pook_Pandur.pbo
pook_Pandur.pbo.pook_v2.bisign
pook_Pandur_parts.pbo
pook_Pandur_parts.pbo.pook_v2.bisign

Other stuff... radio ambience scripts.  Is there a place to find German, Czech, and farsi-language radio comms?  I have only found good Russian "chatter" on youtube.  I have made use of the BIS radio chatter sounds as well for non-Russian factions.  There are something like 75 different Russian sound clips, so you will likely not hear repetitive radio comms :)  About half that for the non-Russian clips.

2A42 cannon muzzle effects greatly improved.

PIP!  More PIP and reverse-view screens so the driver can back the vehicles easily.

Download cut into 3 pieces, again to help those w/ slow internet connections.  Get all three!

V2.2:  2/7/2017:
-  FIX: Incorrect 9K31 (SA9) CDF/RU side/faction assignments
-  FIX: Incorrect HQ class assignments for several factions
-  FIX: 2A42 cannon animations
-  FIX: Some vehicles drive under water:  Pandur M2 / slat,  Pandur SP30 / slat, BRDM2 9K31 (SA9), BRDM2 ASRAD, BRDM2 Police Models
-  FIX: Distance LOD issues on some vehicles:  Pandur M2 / slat, Pandur SP30 / slat
-  FIX: Pandur MGS: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.CUP_12Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_105mmHE_M68_Cannon_M'
-  FIX: RPT Error dur to Pandur INIT script
-  FIX: RPT errors dur to Pandur parts' model configs
-  FIX: BRDM2 PhysX wheel height
-  FIX: BRDM2 missing engine idle noises
-  FIX: Pandur mortar driver view missing PIP view
-  FIX: Some preview images were incorrect
-  FIX: Improved rear ramp script to better synchronize in MP JIP situations
-  FIX: Some  
-  IMPROVED: 2A42 cannon shell eject and muzzle effects
-  IMPROVED: Pandur engine sounds
-  IMPROVED: BTR-80 RVMAT
-  IMPROVED: 9K31 (SA9) missile launch effects aligned with missile – no more offset smoke effects!
-  NEW: BPM-97 APC family.  Standard transport w/ FFV, 2A42 cannon, and Ambulance models
-  NEW: Ambulance versions for Pandur and BPM-97 with day/night emergency lights
-  NEW: 3D model for Pandur Ambulance
-  NEW: POOK_AFV Folder name and mod.cpp to assist with hosted server management and download solutions
-  NEW: Day/night convoy flashing light for certain Pandur models
-  NEW: Radio ambience scripts

• Like 3