for me it was annoying to redownload the mass of data anytime i switch between A3 stable and dev version. So i wrote a little .bat file to make a copy of the arma 3 folder and switch fast between the different version without redownload.

how does it work:

1. close your steam

2. open mdhA3versionSwitch.bat in the editor/notepad and set variable _myArmA3SteamPath to your Arma 3 folder location

3. start mdhA3versionSwitch.bat and choose if you have stable or dev installed

4. a copy of you arma 3 folder will be made and named xStable_Arma 3 / xDev_Arma 3

5. start steam and switch your version to dev / stable

6. from now use the mdhA3versionSwitch.bat to switch between versions.

Download: http://moerderhoschi.bplaced.net/public/tools/arma3/mdhA3versionSwitch.zip

mdhA3versionSwitchParam.png

FAQ:

Q: what does this .bat?

A: at the first run a simple copy of you Arma 3 folder, on the further runs of the .bat a rename of the appmanifest_107410.acf and of you Arma 3 folder

Q: can i use this tool also to switch between stable and sneak_peak_preview / dev and sneak_peak_preview?

A: yes, but the folder will be still named xStable_Arma 3 and xDev_Arma 3 and the .bat will still return the text Switched to Dev / Stable

Q: why i have to close steam when i start your tool?

A: gameversion is checked at the start of steam, so a change of the version while steam is running will result in unexcepted behaviour, but the tool checks if steam is running so don't worry to forget to close steam

Q: where i have to store the mdhA3versionSwitch.bat file?

A: where you want, the important Arma 3 path which the .bat needs to work is stored in the .bat, but you have to set it the first time

Q: anything more important to know before i start this .bat

A: be sure you have enough diskspace at the first time, because a complete copy of you Arma 3 folder will be made

attention, use this tool/mdhA3versionSwitch.bat on your own risk

kind regards

moerderhoschi

• Like 2

update:

- improved the check which version is currently activated

- added more echos/textreplies what the tool is doing when started, so now you can see in the cmd window what files and folders where renamed at the run

- corrected some echos/textreplies

Very useful, thanks for sharing. Good work!