RageBone_

Apex preview broken

Hi,

the Apex preview files are broken on Linux, and i assume that they are broken on mac too.

If you try to launch Arma with the Apex Expansion Content, your game won't start with the message:

Data file is too short "......" Expected ... B got .... B

this effects all the Apex files, if you delete one, the next one is the reason of that message.

Considering that some forums said, that data file to short means corrupted files, maybe through the download,

i re downloaded the files 3 times, i even switched between Dev and the Normal Branches to have tried everything.

I would have done moor, but i cant because all the content is compressed in .EBO files, therefore i cant try and mess around with uncompressing and re-compressing, maybe renaming, and such stuff.

At last, i would like to thank you guys for making the Apex preview available on the experimental ports!

Sincerely RageBone

Same problem on Mac:

Data file too short 'C:\Users\andreas\Library\Application Support\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\expansion\addons\languagemissions_f_exp.ebo'. Expected 269795320 B, got 1474475 B

The Problem is that Apex and the other updates were installed automatically. ARMA worked before on my Mac i7 2.4 GHz with 16GB RAM and OS 10.11.6.

The issue might be that Apex need dev 1.6 I guess and the you can not disable the autoupdate. 

I also tried to reinstall everything but it didn't worked.

I don't think the apex build was meant for Linux port users.

Same here as well, I had to reinstall Steam and since then Arma 3 refuses to startup with the following message:

Data file too short 'C:\Users\ianproctor\Library\Application Support\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\expansion\addons\languagemissions_f_exp.ebo'. Expected 269795320 B, got 1474475 B.

Is there a definite issue going on here Bohemia?

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.6

iMac (retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014)

Data file too short 'C:\Users\ianproctor\Library\Application Support\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\expansion\addons\languagemissions_f_exp.ebo'. Expected 269795320 B, got 1474475 B.

Is there a definite issue going on here Bohemia?

I had that issue fixed by using -mod="" start parameter (or with list of mods I usually use).

I had that issue fixed by using -mod="" start parameter (or with list of mods I usually use).

It would be nice to have the launcher so we don't have to keeping changing the arguments as we enabled/disable mods. I wonder if that's on the cards or whether the community will need to step up and create one?

Will Apex be playable with today's coming 1.58 update?

No.

Can I buy it for linux port?

Yes. Will not work for now.