solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

1 hour ago, peegee said:

AK-12 and AK-12GL still have the old hand animation issue. Looks rather painful. AKM for reference.

Yeah, reminds me of OFP where the weapons kinda floated in your hands.

• Like 1

On 20.7.2016 at 1:32 PM, WolfenswanFA said:

This isn#t directly APEX related but given that weapon mass is being tweaked:

Is the Cyrus supposed to be so heavy? It has 360 mass compared to the 160-220 of most other DMRs.

That makes it heavier than the SPMG .338 and almost as heavy as the Navid.

The weight of many guns is extremely off since patch 1.54, especially when you compare them to their real world counterparts. I think it was done to support their new "stamina"-system, which got introduced with that update. As a result most players use the MX-SW or SPAR-16S when they have the choice because they are the most weight-efficient. You can lug around one of these + 900-1200 rounds instead of an SPMG and even more when compared to the Navid or GM6 Lynx.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stormhawkv said:

The weight of many guns is extremely off since patch 1.54, especially when you compare them to their real world counterparts. I think it was done to support their new "stamina"-system, which got introduced with that update. As a result most players use the MX-SW or SPAR-16S when they have the choice because they are the most weight-efficient. You can lug around one of these + 900-1200 rounds instead of an SPMG and even more when compared to the Navid or GM6 Lynx.

Well you could load up a bergen and carry 12x 150rnd mags, but you'll be out of breath after sprinting what seems like 40m at most.

Not sure I'd enjoy that.

comment "Exported from Arsenal by Grumpy Old Man";

comment "Remove existing items";
removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeAllAssignedItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

comment "Add containers";
this forceAddUniform "U_I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F";
this addVest "V_TacVest_oli";
this addBackpack "B_Bergen_hex_F";
for "_i" from 1 to 11 do {this addItemToBackpack "150Rnd_556x45_Drum_Mag_F";};
this addHeadgear "H_HelmetB_TI_tna_F";

comment "Add weapons";
this addWeapon "arifle_SPAR_02_snd_F";
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Arco";
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "bipod_01_F_snd";

comment "Add items";
this linkItem "ItemMap";
this linkItem "ItemCompass";
this linkItem "ItemWatch";
this linkItem "ItemRadio";
this linkItem "ItemGPS";

On the other hand you could stash the backpack within reach in case of rearming, have access to plenty of ammo and not being restricted during movement.

Sounds like a valid strategy to me.

The weight could be tweaked a bit though, since an average 150rnd 5,56mm drum magazine weighs around 3.6kg, that's roughly 43kg for 12 mags, add a vest and the weapon to that and you probably won't be able to even walk 40m.

If anyone doubts that feel free to lift one of these 50kg cement bags and move it 50m, heh.

Cheers

• Like 1