Amazing! Excellent work everyone!

Quick question. If the buildings pack has been put on hold (and sorry you had to deal with some idiot reuploading your hard work), does that mean AI pathfinding/positions for buildings has been put on hold too?

• Like 1

Ai pathing has been put on hold for now. I think there is only the one building I did that has ai pathing. H20 I think??

I implore you to understand, Ai pathing is very very time consuming and as much as you guys are eager for it to be implemented into the pack, I'm afraid you are going to have to wait for it for the time being. We want to get work done on the maps so that things can continue with pace on them. Doing the RSO buildings pack meant that alot of things that were started on before hand got put on the shelf until now. Its been pretty much a full year since I very first got in touch with Rebel about doing that project so, the time has come for us both to focus on something else for now. 

RSO buildings is a project we deem to be much much bigger than Fallujah and Benghazi as we want it to be a middle eastern pack that can be used across the board. Think of it this way, What state is the middle east region in right now? A mess! so the pack will not only include the featured OPX remakes, but damage models, original buildings for the focused maps and some extra custom made ME buildings too.

So there's a lot of work to be thinking about. We have had people come and go with no positive outcome but to leave us both to do the hard work in the end. So please.... I beg you, just be patient with us. There are only two of us working on these massive projects.

We will try and keep you updated as best as possible, I do apologise for the long delays in things, there has been a few ups and downs, motivation hits and slaps and some slow progress, but the candlewick is still lit.

I will thank you all for your support and again I will apologise for any off hand comments but my past week has not been the best to say the least with what happened to my content, focus is being put on BOF for the time being.

• Like 6

A little bit of tech updatery. 

The heightmap is now flattened to 2 meters above sea level, only to give the waterline a decent look.

The waterline on the rivers have all been lined up with the satmap and does look rather good. Not much left to do there. Maybe a small adjoining irigation ditch iirc. But CUP rivers might fix that. 

Some roads are on the map. Route Mobile is a four lane highway same as the main route through the city itself. There are a couple of roads that navigate around some areas but these will not be populated on alpha. If you saw the clover leaf junction on Benghazi the one on fallujah will look pretty similar. 

The area of interest for the alpha that rebel has describe has roads applied to it. Mainly asphalt in texture. 

You will in the future be required to have RSO buildings and CUP as dependencies to use this map. 

It was suggested by road runner to make the vegetation have a more dusty look about it. If anyone knows how to do this please pm myself or rebel on it. We would like to make it look as authentic as possible. 

Hopefully we can get this looking great for you all. 

Stay tuned.

• Like 14

I only flew in and out of TQ a few times, but here's what I remember . . . . hot, flat, and a lot of Marines.

• Like 6

On ‎24‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 11:00 AM, spookygnu said:

Anyone really good with xcam that fancies lending a hand?

I've taken Al Taqqadum airbase which is between fallujah and ramadi and fictionalised it onto the Satmap. 

Fallujah now has an awesome airbase.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwGVkyqKfsc0V0xZY18wd0FpNGM

Wut? :D You want to say that all my work on old airbase was unnecessary? But i would say that this airbase is much better also i hope that the terrain is flat.

Best regards DonbassCZ

sorry dude, but yes the airbase is much better. I'm about halfway through it already. The terrain is flat now also.

Have you got your head into xcam at all matey? I saw you make a few question in the xcam thread and wondered if you had got anywhere with it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

sorry dude, but yes the airbase is much better. I'm about halfway through it already. The terrain is flat now also.

Have you got your head into xcam at all matey? I saw you make a few question in the xcam thread and wondered if you had got anywhere with it. 

I tried some templates with Xcam but it was about  2-3 months ago so i will need to have some exercise before start working on this beautiful airbase... :D But i think its no problem also i have new pc so it will be much easier to do some things.

Best regards DonbassCZ

if you want to finish it off, give me a shout when you feel confident enough using it. I'm using Buldozer atm only because I can do other things to the map while I use it. Xcam has a real good efficiency for doing the compositions thats why I suggest it. Also I don't know why, but map buildr and 3den seem to import things higher up in the air and not everything gets on to the map. why I could not tell you. But I know xcam works for me witout any issue when it comes to importing the object text file.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 2:42 AM, montgomery said:

I only flew in and out of TQ a few times, but here's what I remember . . . . hot, flat, and a lot of Marines.

Went there several times over the years, one of my Iraqi's fell off the top of one of the REVA's and broke his arm and collarbone, whilst changing a wheel, he was MEDEVAC'd from there to Balad.

SEAL's used to operate from that location. It was a former RAF airfield from WW1 and 2.

Around TQ it wasn't snooker table flat, there was enough of a depression where the POL point was that you couldn't see the rest of the airbase. I'm sure they flew their Mig29's from there, as there was one that was resting on its afterburner cans, and the front wheel was off the ground, and next to it was an Su25.

• Like 2

shall I tease you with some screenshots?? or shall I let you all wonder??

bit like knowing the birth of a child really isn't it? Well for those that have kids anyway, which probably isn't many of you. lmao!

• Like 12

Where's our little friend donbass?

Get your mouse warmed up! I'll be in touch tomorrow. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spookygnu said:

Where's our little friend donbass?

Get your mouse warmed up! I'll be in touch tomorrow. 

Little? :D :D I will show you who is little...

Also i think that iam in another time zone then you i cant be at 2:00 on PC :P (just joke)

Yeah it is okay. Have some nice time with Xcam but still need to remember and practise some things...

Best regards DonbassCZ

I posted it hoping you'd see it today. Just giving you a heads up.

• Like 1

does anybody know the cell size of the original fallujah map made for a2?

On 28-06-2017 at 5:58 AM, spookygnu said:

does anybody know the cell size of the original fallujah map made for a2?

10 i think. but not sure.

10 hours ago, SuicideCommando said:

Nice looking work spookygnu. 

Cheers dude. It's slowly getting there. 

I know rebel said he wanted to release a smaller area for alpha, but I convinced him to get more filled in. It'd give a good representation and feel of the place then. 

Fingers crossed no bonehead decides to not follow the EULA. 

• Like 5