.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Copy, Thanks. some more questions.

1. Is Lite, MP compatible or I need full version  to play MP ?

2. Where do I find full Iron front and what other mods do I need, example CBA3 ?

3. For hosting server, do I need Iron front full version?

Sorry for asking...

Regards.

The Full version is not available and supported at the moment.

Full and Lite are not compatible at the moment.

• Like 1

It is great to know that there is now a team that will look to fix and iron out the bugs with Ironfront A3. Thank you, I am definitely a fan of World War II titles, and really want to see Ironfront A3 become successful.

I was hoping to offer a few suggestions for your consideration and wondered if it was possible to design a new approach? To make something that is tight and focused, to build a more user friendly interface? This sure would make it easier for a streamlined installation, and much easier for players to navigate. Ease of install will make the game far more accessible for everyone and also encourage newer players to get involved. I know there are many WWII fans out there, and all we want is to see a healthy active community, with opportunity to communicate, and to share our gaming with other like minded people.

The current conversion installation process and patches are very complicated and many have found the process difficult, and often give up. It can be challenging to find individuals to help to get the game working.

I don't know if many of you are aware of the breaking point A3 mod, I am more interested to look at the interface they use, and how that works.

For those that are not aware of their system here is an overview to show how it works. I think they have done that very well.

https://www.thezombieinfection.com/

Would it be possible to create something along their type of system to use with Ironfront?

So we could have similar approach for Ironfront A3

⦠Make an account 
⦠sync to your steam account/website
⦠Scan/Check/Choose directory for Ironfront installation file/.exe

001.png

If exe found proceed to
install/uninstall/update
(might be an easier solution than the conversion tool, have a database set up where files are kept ready for download - bypass the conversion process)

002.png

able to verify the integrity of the game cache, just in case something goes wrong with an update or the installation process

003.png

Have an Ironfront server browser
Scan for only Ironfront servers

004.png

005.png

Create an Ironfront interface with players online, bug reports, add friends, community boards, social networking - chat, donations link etc

This would keep things simple and compact. 

⦠Launcher optional
⦠patch updater 
⦠custom mods: able to view and enable other mods (related to Ironfront)
⦠patch notes
⦠community notes
⦠Server Browser

Playwithsix (PWS) and steam workshop is currently a nightmare, PWS is buggy, crashes too often and breaks mods. Steam workshop does not give you the options to select a directory on where to install your mod files. I would like to see a more organised approach, and have all my mods in one place, with easy access, and no doubt many others would agree. I am aware this a big task but I know we have some very talented people behind the scenes who could create something like this.

Is something like this possible?

• Like 1

Hello there

@devilspawn With the new version being on the Workshop it should be ultra easy for the majority to use with the built in launcher. Yeah a custom launcher would be a nice touch as long as it doesnt deflect from the ever present bug hunting :)

@Kju, Im sure its not a simple thing, but are there PBO's (even ifa's?) that we can copy over to get those lovely hi res textures and sounds for us original owners.

Ive had an absolute blast this weekend playing KOTH 1944 and normally i dont like KOTH.

Splendid stuff.

Rgds

LoK

As already said it's not possible at the moment. We're looking for a solution that could make everyone happy, but it will need some more time.

Meanwhile we're working hard on the config\script side to make your ww2 experience even better.

• Like 1

The Full version is not available and supported at the moment.

Full and Lite are not compatible at the moment.

So just to be sure: You're telling us that the full version is no longer supported for now?

We're supposed to switch to lower textures even if we have purchased the game in order to be able to play on servers and such?

If that's the case, you should probably update the main post. It states that they are still compatible.

• Like 1

Is anyone able to upload the latest version to MEGA please?

So just to be sure: You're telling us that the full version is no longer supported for now?

We're supposed to switch to lower textures even if we have purchased the game in order to be able to play on servers and such?

Post will be updated soon. as team finish work on changelogs and some other work.

Also yes. Full is no longer supported and it was dead actually.

Do not mistaken - we are not the original devs, we are mod team.

so there only 3 options:

play converted version - an hope that someone someday will fix it. and since it was original game on a2 engine, and completely dead with last Hard Mode russian server, dont even mention gamespy.

or

ppl can forget about owning if1944liberation game - and look at this mod as a new. and give at least a support to the team.

have fun on KOTH, FT2, and other servers.

or

Get a team and make your own game\mod with blackjack and hookers © Bender

xD

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay - it is quite hectic and much to do over here!

Updated 1st post with current information and mega download to latest version.
In the 2nd post you find the changelog for the preview updates so far.

Let me know if you find the separation into topics and wording useful.

More later today.

• Like 3

Looks great .kju

Not seeing any options for german voices in the unit identity drop box however

froggyluv

What are you exactly referring to?

Hey .kju,

Any chance of getting the PwS version updated? It's incompatible with the workshop version and most of the public servers (getting a "signatures don't match" message in Arma 3 Launcher).

More later today.

Unless that implies another new version, then I'm happy as well.  :lol:

marceldev89

Thanks. Done (upload/processing in progress)

• Like 2

Hey, i'm trying to setup my linux server with this mod. I uploaded the mod folder and the keys as usual. Every other mod works fine. But when i'm starting my server with @IFA3LITE, i always get an error and it stops launching.

Here's my error code:

Cannot open file '/home/sendelbros/steamcmd/arma3/@IFA3LITE\addons\lib_hidefromeditor_vehicles'

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks,

Fred

FredBurton

that pbo should not be in addons by default and is not needed on the server either.

do you have preview v4?

Can I ask what is going to happen with the full mod?

Not two weeks ago I bought Iron Front off Steam so I could play the full mod with the full textures. Now it seems the community is adopting the lite version.

Will the full version and the lite version be compatible with one another? This new King Of The Hill Iron Front looks great but I don't want to have to download the lite version to play it as that makes my recent purchase and support for the project redundant if I can't use the higher textures and sounds on public servers.

So basically are you guys going to continue to support the full version and will it be compatible on public server with the Lite version?

Can I ask what is going to happen with the full mod?

Not two weeks ago I bought Iron Front off Steam so I could play the full mod with the full textures. Now it seems the community is adopting the lite version.

Will the full version and the lite version be compatible with one another? This new King Of The Hill Iron Front looks great but I don't want to have to download the lite version to play it as that makes my recent purchase and support for the project redundant if I can't use the higher textures and sounds on public servers.

So basically are you guys going to continue to support the full version and will it be compatible on public server with the Lite version?

This actually raises a question of mine as well, I am unable to join servers running the lite version when I have the full version on and it bothers me because... well I like my HD assets, if there is anything y'all can do to help out those with the full version it would be appreciated. 

This actually raises a question of mine as well, I am unable to join servers running the lite version when I have the full version on and it bothers me because... well I like my HD assets, if there is anything y'all can do to help out those with the full version it would be appreciated. 

Well there should be away rather easily. Back in the day people running All In ArmA Terrain Pack Full could join servers and play with people running All In ArmA Terrain Pack LITE. I see no reason why Iron Front couldn't do the same. Especially when you have people buying Iron Fron specifically to play the mod.

Especially when ppl don't need to buy Iron Front specifically, to play the mod.

Except IronFront's assets never were opened nor the source files offered to the community to do as they like as Bohemia did with their games. They had to create tools to convert IF files to Arma3 and heavily rely on scripts for it to run on the new engine which was an hassle and caused a lot of issues, last update broke it even further. The decision to buy Iron Front is your own only, don't blame the modders. They don't get anything from it, you realize that right?

• Like 3

Except IronFront's assets never were opened nor the source files offered to the community to do as they like as Bohemia did with their games. They had to create tools to convert IF files to Arma3 and heavily rely on scripts for it to run on the new engine which was an hassle and caused a lot of issues, last update broke it even further. The decision to buy Iron Front is your own only, don't blame the modders. They don't get anything from it, you realize that right?

Well my understanding was the mod was developed at least in part by the Iron Front game developers. I simply bought the game so I could get the high quality textures and support the developers for offering up their game for ArmA 3. The same way I've bought all the less than valuable ArmA DLC and the same way I'll probably buy Apex. All simply to show support for the developers of both ArmA and Iron Front.

Anyway I don't see the problem, If All In ArmA can do it surely the Iron Front Devs can still support the full mod. It isn't like I'm expecting the Devs to give the full mod away for free and I'm not expecting every server to be running the full mod. If the community wants to move toward a free mod with low quality textures to save a few bucks then I certainly won't stop them. But please at the same time don't turn your back on those of us who are running the full version who have shown their support or at the very least make the full and lite versions compatible.

mod team is not the dev team.

not a single person.