Out of curiosity, any chance the 7.62's will ever get C-mags?

And when will the G3 non-rail wide foregrips get bipods? IRL, they're equipped for stud-mount bipods, plus there's always the trunion-mounted bipods.

NiArms is one of the best modpacks I've ever used, keep up the awesome!

• Like 1

Will the ACR pack eventually be getting proper PMAGs for magazine models? As in the model of magazines that you drop on the ground manually or when you swap weapons, not the magazine on the weapon's model itself.

Seems a bit strange to pick up a STANAG and then it magically transforms into a PMAG when you load it into the ACR.

Hey all. So as some of you G36 fans may have noticed, the sounds that we used to have for the G36's (the ones that sounded really good and powerful) are no longer with us. I've asked before what's the deal with that, because out of all of the NIArms weapons it's the one I use the most and it's pretty frustrating that it's (as far as I am aware) the only weapon that is experiencing this issue. I was told that there was a fix being rolled out, and it was apparently going to roll out last month on the 24th or earlier, but nothing seems to have changed. So, I wanted to ask, has anyone else experienced audio issues with the G36 and the gun just not sounding right in general? I'm starting to suspect that something is just broken on my end, but I can't imagine what. The G36 used to sound so nice. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

And, if it's not something to do with my files, but the mod itself, does anybody know when the sound fix for the G36 is coming around? Thanks again for the help.

On 07/08/2017 at 2:53 PM, drebin052 said:

Will the ACR pack eventually be getting proper PMAGs for magazine models? As in the model of magazines that you drop on the ground manually or when you swap weapons, not the magazine on the weapon's model itself.

Seems a bit strange to pick up a STANAG and then it magically transforms into a PMAG when you load it into the ACR.

for the .556 mags? no. They share the common 5.56 NATO STANAG mags which use the standard GI mag model. Without creating a bunch of duplicate magazines, which is IMO kind of extraneous, there's no real way to do PMAGS there. As for the 6.8 SPC ones, that can be done for low effort, so look for it in the next patch (in a few months, probably)

1 hour ago, lionhawk123 said:

Hey all. So as some of you G36 fans may have noticed, the sounds that we used to have for the G36's (the ones that sounded really good and powerful) are no longer with us. I've asked before what's the deal with that, because out of all of the NIArms weapons it's the one I use the most and it's pretty frustrating that it's (as far as I am aware) the only weapon that is experiencing this issue. I was told that there was a fix being rolled out, and it was apparently going to roll out last month on the 24th or earlier, but nothing seems to have changed. So, I wanted to ask, has anyone else experienced audio issues with the G36 and the gun just not sounding right in general? I'm starting to suspect that something is just broken on my end, but I can't imagine what. The G36 used to sound so nice. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

And, if it's not something to do with my files, but the mod itself, does anybody know when the sound fix for the G36 is coming around? Thanks again for the help.

It did roll out. The fix was, centered around occulsion and volume issues(Midrange gunshots not being loud enough), which are now rolled out. I'm sorry if you feel the guns sound Underpowered, but they're probably not going to revert. Honestly, Navaro, IMO has been doing a fantastic job, bringing all the audio into one consistent, effectively HQ standard. Before that, I was literally just piecing together stuff from youtube and running them through DSPs and pitch/EQ passes.. which can sound fine in isolation, but they're a mess when mixed in with other, audio (listen to the AUGs as they are now and you'll see what I mean).

On 07/08/2017 at 5:05 AM, corellian_storm said:

Out of curiosity, any chance the 7.62's will ever get C-mags?

And when will the G3 non-rail wide foregrips get bipods? IRL, they're equipped for stud-mount bipods, plus there's always the trunion-mounted bipods.

NiArms is one of the best modpacks I've ever used, keep up the awesome!

Probably never. Not a HARD rule on that, might change my mind later, but the X91 mags do the same service, and IRL are more durable. Second part- no promises but I've written myself a post-it note to put those in the next update.

• Like 9

But what happened to the old G36 gun sounds? Are they broken due to some Arma 3 update? (I don't know if any of the other weapons had better sounds before either, but I know for sure the G36 had them.)

Also, I want to make it clear that I don't mean to insult you guys or anything, I love the mod and I think it's really high quality. I'm just rather disappointed with the audio changes.

4 hours ago, lionhawk123 said:

But what happened to the old G36 gun sounds? Are they broken due to some Arma 3 update? (I don't know if any of the other weapons had better sounds before either, but I know for sure the G36 had them.)

Also, I want to make it clear that I don't mean to insult you guys or anything, I love the mod and I think it's really high quality. I'm just rather disappointed with the audio changes.

No, we have better more realistic sound.

• Like 2

Don't know if its just me but the right hand seems to be sitting a bit too low on the P226 pistols' animations, looks sort of unnatural and funky. Generally the right hand is parallel or even higher than the left. Arma 3 has always had awkward pistol stances IMO so of course there's limitations but I hope this can be corrected or something

42 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Don't know if its just me but the right hand seems to be sitting a bit too low on the P226 pistols' animations, looks sort of unnatural and funky. Generally the right hand is parallel or even higher than the left. Arma 3 has always had awkward pistol stances IMO so of course there's limitations but I hope this can be corrected or something

The only way to do that would be to create brand new pistol animations.

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Yeah, I figured as much. Definitely not a very appealing process to drop everything else for to fix. Oh well, I suppose.

On the topic of animations, reloading the M60's have the feed cover clip inside your face whenever you reload, could that be fixed?

It's most obvious in first person with the original M60, but happens with the M60E4 as well. 

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

This essentially.I did create altered ones,  but the way Arma handles sidearm animations is .... Awkward... to say the least. Same reason why the second mag doesn't quite hit the mark in the reload,etc,etc,etc(speaking of which, don't ask for any more reloads done this way, please. Holy shit am I never doing that again ever). The bifurcation of animation systems in the engine can be a real fucking nightmare sometimes.

5 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

On the topic of animations, reloading the M60's have the feed cover clip inside your face whenever you reload, could that be fixed?

It's most obvious in first person with the original M60, but happens with the M60E4 as well. 

I plan on redoing it at some point, yes.

• Like 8

Hi toadie2k can you please add the NSA 80 night vision device for the G36a1, that you can also use it in the night and that you can make a Holovisier on the handrail?

g36night_2.jpgg36night.jpgg36nvrear.jpgg36nv.jpg

neue-bw-soldaten-136d1108905982-g36_01.j7143HS-IjvL._SL1500_.jpg

To the NSA80, no. And to the G36A2 optic setup, impossible in Arma 3's engine.

I've always held pistols the exact way Toadie has his set up, my left forefinger also curls around the OUTSIDE of the trigger guard, as if it's another trigger, the soft flesh of the thumb of the left hand, sitting on top of the dominant hands thumb, in my case my right hand. 

Definitely not a wrong way to hold it, several of the worlds top IPSC shooters also hold their pistols the same way, and at the same time, it's how I was taught to hold it by former SF guys from both sides of the Atlantic, as well as Asian countries.

• Like 2

From what I've read, the Arma way was the "correct way" for years, then became the "wrong" way to do it later. A lot of this stuff is just a matter of what's popular at the time.

50 minutes ago, war_lord said:

From what I've read, the Arma way was the "correct way" for years, then became the "wrong" way to do it later. A lot of this stuff is just a matter of what's popular at the time.

Actually I stand corrected, when I was training this morning, it is indeed the right flesh of the thumb over the left hand, so left thumb UNDER the right thumb, but the left hand forefinger still curls around the outside of the trigger guard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, road runner said:

Actually I stand corrected, when I was training this morning, it is indeed the right flesh of the thumb over the left hand, so left thumb UNDER the right thumb, but the left hand forefinger still curls around the outside of the trigger guard.

That's exactly how I've always held handguns it and been told to hold them. works out pretty comfy and stable.

• Like 1

It's called thumbs forward grip, there is a more agressivo. Technique that has only appeared in Medal of Honor Warfighter, and is used widely by SF it's called Thumbs forward wrist lock, where the elbow is usually locked in place too.

Hey, will the NIArsenal (pack) ever make its way to the steam workshop?
It is quite important, because then arma 3 launcher breaks when displaying mods for servers when the amount is bigger than ~25.
zaKds2w.jpg

Just having all the great NIArms mods as 1 would allow for all mods to properly display.

Either way thanks for the latest update. It's something that's been missing from arma for a long while.
Really good job. Really makes these guns stand out. You got really passion! Keep it up!

1 hour ago, computer said:

Hey, will the NIArsenal (pack) ever make its way to the steam workshop?
It is quite important, because then arma 3 launcher breaks when displaying mods for servers when the amount is bigger than ~25.
zaKds2w.jpg

Just having all the great NIArms mods as 1 would allow for all mods to properly display.

Either way thanks for the latest update. It's something that's been missing from arma for a long while.
Really good job. Really makes these guns stand out. You got really passion! Keep it up!

There's this amazing thing steam has, called "collections".

• Like 1