Alright, a follow-up question that I just thought of: Will a wounded person give off several of your blood splatters as he walks, or does it only apply to the initial wounding shot he receives ? So is subsequent bleed standard or still the mods blood ?

My mod does not add a bleeding effect. Only the initial splatter from a wound. The game actually has its own bleeding effect (though very faint).

Great overdue mod, thx for doing it, can you add blood mist effect when a bullets hits body ? oh, and get on steam workshop as soon as possible, will then be a instant 5 out 5 hit  :)

• Like 1

Just re-did the blood splatter texture selection code -- the textures chosen are now related to the body part hit. So each body part can have its own set of splatter textures.

Will be in the next update.

• Like 3

You might want to check out the development done into bringing gibbing to the already gory slxwounds.pbo from Solus' legendary SLX mod pack for Arma 2:

Also, here's an aspect that I spotted in the comments section of one of the SLX Wounds videos which seemed interesting and feasible:

That's what stands out about it for me, too. Human blood starts off an RGB#AA0000 at the brightest, from arterial bleeding, and dries to a very dim RGB#440000 or worse (punch those numbers into any HTML colour picker to see them visually). Another interesting tidbit that could be looked into is the mod making use of the new shaders to add a wetness to the spots, which should accomplish the "brightness" of blood more realistically than changing the specular.

• Like 1

Yep good ole SLX, man they've been porting/bringing that around since OFP.  I remember in OFP firing a tow from a Bradley into the cab of a pickup truck with a taliban unit and have the gibs fly out the side was amazing lol.  SLX tried to get in with all the tracers and explosions and what not. Long as it stays with the gibs and gore I'm no editor or dev, but I reckon it'll be easier to have it not lose so many frames.  That was the downfall of SLX imo.  But great mod back in the day.  Looking forward to future updates I have always been a big fan of gore in games since DOOM/Duke Nukem.  

You might want to check out the development done into bringing gibbing to the already gory slxwounds.pbo from Solus' legendary SLX mod pack for Arma 2:

Also, here's an aspect that I spotted in the comments section of one of the SLX Wounds videos which seemed interesting and feasible:

That's what stands out about it for me, too. Human blood starts off an RGB#AA0000 at the brightest, from arterial bleeding, and dries to a very dim RGB#440000 or worse (punch those numbers into any HTML colour picker to see them visually). Another interesting tidbit that could be looked into is the mod making use of the new shaders to add a wetness to the spots, which should accomplish the "brightness" of blood more realistically than changing the specular.

Great overdue mod, thx for doing it, can you add blood mist effect when a bullets hits body ? oh, and get on steam workshop as soon as possible, will then be a instant 5 out 5 hit  :)

Thanks. It is on the workshop.

Currently redoing all of the blood splatter textures, with more than before. These ones won't have the white outlines.

I'm using this and while there are more splatters, they're the basic BI splatters which are not nearly as red as yours. What am I doing wrong? Need I place a module or something?

I'm using this and while there are more splatters, they're the basic BI splatters which are not nearly as red as yours. What am I doing wrong? Need I place a module or something?

Are you running CBA?

--- Side note: Just finished creating the new splatter textures (all 48 of them).

---UPDATE---

Blood Lust

[4-18-2016] v1.1:
Splatters' position offset from surfaces to prevent Z-Fighting.

Revamped splatter texture selection based on where a unit is hit.

Remade splatter textures -- now at a whopping 48 splatters! (And no more white outlines!)

Download now available: http://files.bitdungeon.org/arma/@bloodlust_v1.1.zip
Requires CBA!

• Like 2

Nice work with the mod. The only issue I've found is that the textures lack shading in certain situations, although I have no clue how that would be circumvented:

0PIbYZ.png

I also replaced the textures for my own personal version which are more subtle. They're 256px from 1024px, so there shouldn't be any aliasing or noise.

0g1Z6o.png

hw5VnY.pnguaAicH.png

Grab my .pbo here (rename and replace): https://a.uguu.se/frsvjv_BloodSplatter.pbo

Note: this is a replacement .pbo for version 1.01.

• Like 2

Your textures look great! I'm sure you'll appreciate what I've done with v1.1 as far as texture handling goes ;)

As far as the shading is concerned, there's nothing I can do on my end to change that, as that's how the UserTexture object in ArmA is shaded. It's outside my realm of knowledge (for now at least).

Nice work with the mod. The only issue I've found is that the textures lack shading in certain situations, although I have no clue how that would be circumvented:

0PIbYZ.png

I also replaced the textures for my own personal version which are more subtle. They're 256px from 1024px, so there shouldn't be any aliasing or noise.

0g1Z6o.png

hw5VnY.pnguaAicH.png

Grab my .pbo here: https://a.uguu.se/frsvjv_BloodSplatter.pbo

Note: this is a replacement .pbo for version 1.01.

Are you running CBA?

--- Side note: Just finished creating the new splatter textures (all 48 of them).

Yeah, the latest version.

Playing with some other mods, such as ACE. BloodLust + ACE = <3

Damage model is accurate :)

Surely provides proof that this guy got shot everywhere.

N19EAsw.jpg

i have a mixed feeling about this. the violence is so brutal but so nicely done. i'm going to use this, don't judge me. :p

• Like 1

To the creator of this mod, you are one fine sexy beeeeeeeeast!!! I wonder what's next? chunks of scalps and brain matter flying everywhere? flying intestines? flying kidneys? Aaaaah, I just can't live without blood, gore and violence. You complete me!!! <3 <3 <3

• Like 2

To the creator of this mod, you are one fine sexy beeeeeeeeast!!! I wonder what's next? chunks of scalps and brain matter flying everywhere? flying intestines? flying kidneys? Aaaaah, I just can't live without blood, gore and violence. You complete me!!! <3 <3 <3

You assume correctly.

• Like 2

I tried it on my dedi server and unfortunately it does not work :(

Have you any plans for MP?

• Like 1

Your textures look great! I'm sure you'll appreciate what I've done with v1.1 as far as texture handling goes ;)

As far as the shading is concerned, there's nothing I can do on my end to change that, as that's how the UserTexture object in ArmA is shaded. It's outside my realm of knowledge (for now at least).

Thanks for uploading this to the Workshop. I think that it'll accelerate its adoption.

BTW  do you know if this mod is compatible with Lao Fei Mao's Blood Mist mod?

Finally, any chance of changing the colour of the blood spatter depending on its age?

As described below:

I tried it on my dedi server and unfortunately it does not work :(

Have you any plans for MP?

It doesn't?  Oh poop.   :(  I'll second this, would love to see it dedicated server friendly.

Thanks for uploading this to the Workshop. I think that it'll accelerate its adoption.

BTW do you know if this mod is compatible with Lao Fei Mao's Blood Mist mod?

Finally, any chance of changing the colour of the blood spatter depending on its age?

As described below:

That's what stands out about it for me, too. Human blood starts off an RGB#AA0000 at the brightest, from arterial bleeding, and dries to a very dim RGB#440000 or worse (punch those numbers into any HTML colour picker to see them visually). Another interesting tidbit that could be looked into is the mod making use of the new shaders to add a wetness to the spots, which should accomplish the "brightness" of blood more realistically than changing the specular.[/size]

Not possible with the current implementation. I could do texture swapping like an animation, but that would increase file size drastically.

Interestingly enough, this is something KetsuCorp, BadBenson, and I have discussed as a future feature, including throwing gibs (chunks of flesh, and body parts) around from explosions.

This is starting to approach Red Orchestra/Rising Storm levels of gore and dismemberment. I like it!