endstar

Action Menu Streamlining

I think a step in the right direction would be an introduction of an SQF command to get all actions currently available to the player in a given frame.

Allowing each mod to incorporate the action menu into their system.

• Like 2

Can we have an update on what's going on with Action Menu Streamlining? I noticed that BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd is used multiple time in the campaign, any chance for a engine solution? Maybe even a multiplayer/jip compatible solution?

• Like 2

Can we have an update on what's going on with Action Menu Streamlining? I noticed that BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd is used multiple time in the campaign, any chance for a engine solution? Maybe even a multiplayer/jip compatible solution?

curious about this too.

i was also thinking that bandiging yourself could be cool using the hold action technology instead of scroll actio that triggers an animation that locks you in place.

more like being forced to walk or stop while bandaging but havign that nice progress animation that can be cancled any time.

• Like 3

curious about this too.

i was also thinking that bandiging yourself could be cool using the hold action technology instead of scroll actio that triggers an animation that locks you in place.

more like being forced to walk or stop while bandaging but havign that nice progress animation that can be cancled any time.

In fact there would be tons of options, starting a car, mag repack, healing, placing mines etc...

Edit: Actually while a think about it, hold action is the solution to the issue where one accidentally blows up stuff.

• Like 4

I could have sworn that this hold-action/stop-action-upon-release tech was made for/implemented in the internal builds of DayZ (for at least public experimental I think it's still waiting on the player controller)...

Due to all the added actionmenu entries from FFV positions, please consider this suggestion

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118960

The suggested dialog doesnt need to be present permanently in the UI. Only for entering/changing positions.

Essentially yes, but the difference is that the VBS version shows the ingame vehicle from top (from a 3rd person camera basically), so this kind of style would not work for servers with disabled 3rd Person view (as it allows similar abuse levels as 3rd person cam).

I think one of the exile developers was working on something similar, related to worldspace displays where you could point at various selection positions of the vehicle to get relevant actions

This seem best option in my opinion

https://youtu.be/70CoVoicgDA?t=1m37s

Have it based not only on proximity but on where player is looking

Denote which way door swings

Show icon when you are in range to interact with it

Have icon stick with doors

This seem best option in my opinion

https://youtu.be/70CoVoicgDA?t=1m37s

Have it based not only on proximity but on where player is looking

Denote which way door swings

Show icon when you are in range to interact with it

Have icon stick with doors

Isnt this wat ACE 3 team have done by optional "noactionmenu.pbo" ? ;)

is there more improvements planned here? any point for feedback at this point?

is there more improvements planned here? any point for feedback at this point?

Wondering that too. I saw that they changed how actions are now triggered https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/194505-use-action-differentiation/but I don't really see how that's going to help.

Would love to be able to hide all action from the action menu which can be bound to a key.

• Like 2

Hello, can the trick that's done to the new panels (the action is hidden if it's bind to something) to other actions as well? Maybe add a toggle for every action that can be binded in the controls (show in action menu)? This would mean it still works for everyone and it can be customized if need be!

Why do I need to have gear up/down in action menu if I have it bound to G?

Why do I need to have flaps up in the action menu? 
Why do I need to have %ANY% in action menu?

I just think this could use a tiny update like the weapons selection did, which is an awesome addition. Improves the gameplay a lot :)

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, computer said:

Hello, can the trick that's done to the new panels (the action is hidden if it's bind to something) to other actions as well? Maybe add a toggle for every action that can be binded in the controls (show in action menu)? This would mean it still works for everyone and it can be customized if need be!

Why do I need to have gear up/down in action menu if I have it bound to G?

Why do I need to have flaps up in the action menu? 
Why do I need to have %ANY% in action menu?

I just think this could use a tiny update like the weapons selection did, which is an awesome addition. Improves the gameplay a lot :)

1)This is true, in new Jets I have several stuff in the action menu like:

engine off, inventory, landing autopilot, gear down, flaps down, lights on, collision lights on, eject

Half of it is bound to a keyboard by default. The action menu should look like this instead: engine off (and even that to disappear if key is assigned), landing autopilot, collision lights on.

Inventory action in vehicles - not necessary, everyone has the key assigned and uses it frequently because there is no other way to look into your inventory when you are infantry.

Maybe it is possible to add an option in controls (a tickbox) that will remove stuff from the action menu ?

2) Another thing that could be streamlined is to be able to select the underbarrel grenade launcher with a separate key instead of scrolling through semi/auto. 

It is not much about the underbarrel, but to avoid scrolling through it if you just want to change the fire mode.

• Like 2

See "HiddenActionsAvailableViaKeyShortcuts_Controls_C_PvPscene"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, .kju said:

See "HiddenActionsAvailableViaKeyShortcuts_Controls_C_PvPscene"

Is this an addon form ? Or does it do something with arma files ? Is this solution compatible with servers that do not support mods and batlle eye enabled ?

Is there a way to remove Place mine or Place charge from the action menu ? 

When I accidentally place a charge because of the chaotic or archaic Action menu, I can't seem to pick it up again (maybe I can by just opening inventory near it, but still shitty). 

I'll probably install the mod Ace3 like most do ...  Should make this quite different.

9 minutes ago, Baraz said:

Is there a way to remove Place mine or Place charge from the action menu ? 

When I accidentally place a charge because of the chaotic or archaic Action menu, I can't seem to pick it up again (maybe I can by just opening inventory near it, but still shitty). 

I'll probably install the mod Ace3 like most do ...  Should make this quite different.

You can override them with this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#In_Game_UI_Event_Handlers