oukej

Targeting improvements

Deplete this Bank - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/437238244773504588/BB32F19580B3787642093BF4CECA0C1CAB8B17C0/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A864&background-color=black

also if you have ever flown in a jet prior to the CCIP and were good with it you would see this as a kick in the dick, if you prefer the CCIP it's because you were a trash pilot before the update.

Hehe, easy. I would get my squad with AA launchers and camp out where ever you fly around the most, and constantly shoot you down until you realize that 50K a pop adds up. Points and money for me so i can buy a jet later down the line, and in the process i create Area Denial so my team can move without being rained on.

Secondly, i do prefer the CCIP. Why? Not because it makes targeting easier. But because jets have been missing it for awhile. My biggest annoyance is that the flight model and controls for jets aren't quite nearly as good as they should be. Arma isn't a sim, but the flight model could be improved. The CCIP however, makes things more realistic, no matter who's in the seat. A Jet is a Jet. Though honestly, i don't care if it's there or not. I support anything Bohemia Interactive add that makes things more realistic. Before CCIP, when i was serious about flying jets despite the horrible flight model, i would go 100-0 and then quit. Fun fact, i've been banned from a server for doing that and only targeting the admin. After talking with him in his ts, i wasn't aloud to use my username because it offended other players. I was also no longer aloud to touch the jets.

I don't fly much anymore though. I only fly to test what BI adds. I think what they're doing is awesome, finally updating the outdated systems, and hopefully they can make jets more enjoyable and authentic to fly. They just really need to focus on the flight model and controls though sooner or later.

Hehe, easy. I would get my squad with AA launchers and camp out where ever you fly around the most, and constantly shoot you down until you realize that 50K a pop adds up. Points and money for me so i can buy a jet later down the line, and in the process i create Area Denial so my team can move without being rained on.

Secondly, i do prefer the CCIP. Why? Not because it makes targeting easier. But because jets have been missing it for awhile. My biggest annoyance is that the flight model and controls for jets aren't quite nearly as good as they should be. Arma isn't a sim, but the flight model could be improved. The CCIP however, makes things more realistic, no matter who's in the seat. A Jet is a Jet. Though honestly, i don't care if it's there or not. I support anything Bohemia Interactive add that makes things more realistic. Before CCIP, when i was serious about flying jets despite the horrible flight model, i would go 100-0 and then quit. Fun fact, i've been banned from a server for doing that and only targeting the admin. After talking with him in his ts, i wasn't aloud to use my username because it offended other players. I was also no longer aloud to touch the jets.

I don't fly much anymore though. I only fly to test what BI adds. I think what they're doing is awesome, finally updating the outdated systems, and hopefully they can make jets more enjoyable and authentic to fly. They just really need to focus on the flight model and controls though sooner or later.

Your point here is that keeping CCIP is more realistic. However what if some communities decided that they would prefer to have balance over realism.

BI have screwed with KoTH balance and should be responsible to at least provide the tools for developers to fix it themselves, AKA an option to disable CCIP or CCIP + Targetting Pod.

• Like 1

Your point here is that keeping CCIP is more realistic. However what if some communities decided that they would prefer to have balance over realism.

BI have screwed with KoTH balance and should be responsible to at least provide the tools for developers to fix it themselves, AKA an option to disable CCIP or CCIP + Targetting Pod.

It's completely fine to have the option to disable. Right now though, we're still trying to figure out how to get everything working, as stated by the Dev, we should be focusing on getting everything to industry standard before adding in the extra's. Though i can understand your frustration. Everyone here wanted the feature, but those that didn't expect to be so heavily on the receiving end, simply ended up with the CCIP and TGP being added to stable before understandably every other Jet feature was complete. At least for that part, BI can't hide the fact that the ball is in their park for it.

• Like 1

It's completely fine to have the option to disable. Right now though, we're still trying to figure out how to get everything working, as stated by the Dev, we should be focusing on getting everything to industry standard before adding in the extra's. Though i can understand your frustration. Everyone here wanted the feature, but those that didn't expect to be so heavily on the receiving end, simply ended up with the CCIP and TGP being added to stable before understandably every other Jet feature was complete. At least for that part, BI can't hide the fact that the ball is in their park for it.

It doesn't necessarily need to be BI that makes the option, they just need to open the system up to communities so they can change it to their preference. I already know systems like this are already available for other vehicles, for example, MBT's and AA tanks used to be able to lock onto infantry with the main cannon but someone changed it. Im sure this feature would exist in real life but it was still removed and it makes gameplay slightly less braindead in a PvP environment.

• Like 2

What should really be done about lead computing is to make the lead indicator displayed on the HUD, not in the 3D world as well as to replace the ring, line and cross with a dynamic calculated reticle. Pilots need to maneuver the aircraft to put the reticle on the target in order to score a hit.

That's right. Oukej, please consider this change for future versions.
  • Like 1

Integrating the CCIP into the HUD/HMD has been requested since CCIP (and CCRP) first was requested for Arma3. Fairly certain they're aware of it ;)

Oh, damn. It says lead indicator right there *points on screen*. My bad!

• Like 2

I guess tracers will stay for realism's sake, real guns of that caliber use them all the time. Don't ask me why, but they do.

Just a question.

Wouldn't there be a way for servers to decide to use pre Apex jet mechanics. That is all that is required to restore the previous state of balance.

One can say a jet is a damn expensive advanced piece of engineering. With a sniper rifle you need to measure the distance and adjust zeroing accordingly. CCIP does it for you, real-time. At the same time when flying a jet you need to focus on many other things and learn them. That balances it out a bit. Nevertheless a jet should be a powerful asset. And I think that's well reflected by the KotH economy.

Adding some kind of option to remove CCIP (or any other small feature bound to only some of the vehicles) on a scenario basis is tricky. How would you communicate to the players that here you have a jet with CCIP and there it is exactly the same jet, same weapons without it? Wouldn't it be perceived as a bug? #blameBI

Without any supportive system this could make the game just less transparent imo. I don't believe that adding options for everything is a silver bullet. Perhaps there are other solutions - maneuverability, stability, speed, vulnerability, weapons, sensors... Maybe the jet needs a higher price tag... #blameSamatra ;)

Anyway I'd wait a while before jumping on a solution. We may soon(ish) be breaking all-the-balances and turning them upside down.

I like the CCIP, to my is an great addition to the game and put the game in the actual era - planes speaking -

• Like 1

senseichen

It doesn't necessarily need to be BI that makes the option, they just need to open the system up to communities so they can change it to their preference. I already know systems like this are already available for other vehicles, for example, MBT's and AA tanks used to be able to lock onto infantry with the main cannon but someone changed it. Im sure this feature would exist in real life but it was still removed and it makes gameplay slightly less braindead in a PvP environment.

I think this is funny.... :huh:

All the planes that I see (KOTH) before the 1.60 targeting improvements has a super-human skills destroying targets - coff, coff, CHEATERS!!!, coff, coff -  and now that BIS really banlance the game to all the players giving a good targeting system, cames here from nowhere to arguing against this improvement speaking like the only voice of the PVP players.... :D

Funny very funny... :D :D :D :D

I think this is funny.... :huh:

All the planes that I see (KOTH) before the 1.60 targeting improvements has a super-human skills destroying targets - coff, coff, CHEATERS!!!, coff, coff -  and now that BIS really banlance the game to all the players giving a good targeting system, cames here from nowhere to arguing against this improvement speaking like the only voice of the PVP players.... :D

Funny very funny... :D :D :D :D

I think its sad that you misinterpret someones skill for cheats. This is exactly what @BlueEagle117 was saying earlier. If you were a good pilot before the CCIP disaster, you would see this as a kick in the dick.

I am also not the only KoTH player with this view. Just look at server population since the update and you will see what I am talking about.

I think its sad that you misinterpret someones skill for cheats. This is exactly what @BlueEagle117 was saying earlier. If you were a good pilot before the CCIP disaster, you would see this as a kick in the dick.

I am also not the only KoTH player with this view. Just look at server population since the update and you will see what I am talking about.

I think you are here because with the new system all the players can aim properly instead fly a plane like an battlefield plane, isn't?

Of course if all the cheated players loose his advantage - and his beloved cheats are wet paper right now - they fly to another game because there's no cheat to use.

Now the planes have proper aim system and you can aim exactly like a realistic plane - not the battlefield sad gameplay -...

But I think is a great idea remove this new system, thinking of the point of view of the cheaters they will be happy smashing players with his beloved cheats again.

I think you are here because with the new system all the players can aim properly instead fly a plane like an battlefield plane, isn't?

Of course if all the cheated players loose his advantage - and his beloved cheats are wet paper right now - they fly to another game because there's no cheat to use.

Now the planes have proper aim system and you can aim exactly like a realistic plane - not the battlefield sad gameplay -...

But I think is a great idea remove this new system, thinking of the point of view of the cheaters they will be happy smashing players with his beloved cheats again.

You are entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine. 

There is no reason to be hostile.

• Like 1

Option to disable it in server and in game dificulty options is best solution.

• Like 5

Exactly.

• Like 3

You are entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine. 

There is no reason to be hostile.

No, I see your youtube channel pretending be a great pilot flying the planes of Arma 3 like the planes of Battlefield and shouting... "hey boys I'm cool".... :D

and remember, you are the "hostile" here, you are pretending speak like the voice of the all pvp players to get a nerf in the planes - obviously in your own interest - ... :angry:

The best option is nerf every single plane and fly the planes like Battlefield to mimic the dog fight of the 2nd WWII, in the year 2035... :D :D :D

The best solution is creating a mod like ACE3, or ULTIMATE SOLDIER to play in your private servers exactly like you want and leave the rest of the people enjoy the devs vision of the game without constant complaint and nerfs.

The best option is nerf every single plane and fly the planes like Battlefield to mimic the dog fight of the 2nd WWII, in the year 2035... :D :D :D

The best solution is creating a mod like ACE3, or ULTIMATE SOLDIER to play in your private servers exactly like you want and leave the rest of the people enjoy the devs vision of the game without constant complaint and nerfs.

I really don't see the harm of having it as a server option tho, especially in a game very much marketed as a sandbox game with one gazillion settings already?
This way unmodded servers of any game type have the option to use it or not (and pref. leaving the default setting to on, so nothing changes unless you explicitly say so) and still be unmodded. BIS already gives you quite a bunch of server difficulty settings that affect gameplay _way_ more than a targeting setting. Private and/or modded server can do whatever they want to, as before ... just like you state.

Personally, In hindsight regarding the whole WWII vs future thing, I would rather have seen CCIP delayed until it got implemented into the HUD/HMD properly. But for training and learning the ballistics of bombs or just general goofing around ... it's quite nice to have as it is! :D
How this can be turned into something that gets ridiculed, especially when the implementation is quite "basic" (I use quotation marks because even tho I say basic, I'd never be even remotely able to do it myself) and from a in-plane-seat point of view a quite flawed function with a crosshair soaring magically well outside of any realms of HUDs or HMD's. I'd almost go 180 degrees on your statement and say it doesn't even fit an even more futuristic setting  ;)
  • Like 2

with a crosshair soaring magically well outside of any realms of HUDs or HMD's. I'd almost go 180 degrees on your statement and say it doesn't even fit an even more futuristic setting ;)

Personally, In hindsight regarding the whole WWII vs future thing, I would rather have seen CCIP delayed until it got implemented into the HUD/HMD properly. But for training and learning the ballistics of bombs or just general goofing around ... it's quite nice to have as it is! :D

If you think that a camera in a plane is magic I believe in magic too. :D :D :D :D

No, I see your youtube channel pretending be a great pilot flying the planes of Arma 3 like the planes of Battlefield and shouting... "hey boys I'm cool".... :D

and remember, you are the "hostile" here, you are pretending speak like the voice of the all pvp players to get a nerf in the planes - obviously in your own interest - ... :angry:

The best solution is creating a mod like ACE3, or ULTIMATE SOLDIER to play in your private servers exactly like you want and leave the rest of the people enjoy the devs vision of the game without constant complaint and It

Its not a NERF its an OPTION. 

Servers that like the boring gameplay can keep it, while servers that dislike it can remove it.

Its not a NERF its an OPTION.

Servers that like the boring gameplay can keep it, while servers that dislike it can remove it.

Just out of curiosity are you going to protest every change to the jets that are in the pipeline. the targeting will fall into line with all planned changes.

Because there are alot of changes coming and there will not be options for them. So I'd suggest you get pushing for mission balancing that revolves around the core and not asking for the other way around.

• Like 3