noubernou

Intercept: A library for writing Arma Addons in native C++

On 16.11.2018 at 2:24 AM, Dedmen said:

You can serialize SQF values, that outputs some data that you can't get in SQF.
But generally you can only get stuff that you can get through SQF, or that are closely related to the SQF data.

No.

Thanks for the answer.

Then i have another question. This is offtopic, but i do not know where to search.

I'm studying extensions development, but I cannot understand how to get data i need from the game engine. I would at least know what keywords i need to google.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, microbe said:

I'm studying extensions development, but I cannot understand how to get data i need from the game engine.

You can't. I think what you are trying to do is called hacking. I'd advise you to read the forum rules again.

Hi all, thanks for creating.  I'm trying to get Intercept up and running, mostly just for fun.  But I hit a snag, and hoping someone can help.

Got almost all the way though "Getting Started" instructions, which mostly make sense.  Managed to build "intercept-plugin-template" C++ in Visual Studio, ended up with a dll.  Packed both "core.pbo" and "main.pbo" correctly (I think).  Created my addon dirs correctly (I think), like this:

• In main A3 dir, "@intercept\addons" with "core.pbo" inside.
  • In main A3 dir, "@intercept-plugin-template\addons\" with "main.pbo" inside, plus "@intercept-plugin-template\intercept\" with "template-plugin_x64.dll" inside.

Issue happens when I launch game with these two addons (plus CBA) enabled.  I get this Arma 3 message:

Addon 'intercept_template_plugin' requires addon 'intercept_core'.

Then upon game coming up, just to confirm I go ahead and start the editor, drop in a player unit and fire up the mission, and indeed I don't see an Opfor guy appear or follow me around, or any indication intercept is loaded.

My next thought is to have a look inside "core.pbo" and "main.pbo" to try and diagnose the problem.  I de-pbo both:

core.pbo's "config.cpp" has:

class CfgPatches {
    class intercept_core {

main.pbo's "config.cpp" has:

class CfgPatches {
    class intercept_template_plugin {

requiredAddons[] = {"intercept_core"};

^ So all this looks correct.  OK, time to fire up the game again (again with these two addons + CBA loaded) and have a look inside CfgPatches, which I examine in Config Viewer.  Low and behold, "intercept_template_plugin" is present but "intercept_core" is not!

The question is - Why is intercept_core addon not loading?  Does Intercept perhaps require a DLC I don't own?

• Like 1