Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Gravitem Tactics: Mius Front

So, Gravitem has finally released Mius front and it is virtually an improvement over the (already outstanding) predecessor.

But who better to tell us about it than Arch Warhammer :)

Operation and Deployment

Battle Phase

It´s a long watch but totally worth it!

I will be sure to grab it, but since I am a cheap dutch I will wait for some discount day as I do hardly game these days and I simply can not justify 30 euros for something I might not even play in a few months :)

Thank you for all the info you always share with us about this game!

Bought the original cause this thread intrigued me but man I need a hold handing session to understand what the hell im dealing with. Wish I could marry this to Arma3 and play their love child.

Bought the original cause this thread intrigued me but man I need a hold handing session to understand what the hell im dealing with. Wish I could marry this to Arma3 and play their love child.

LoL yeah, that would be awesome. 

If you have any questions don´t hesitate to ask!

• Like 2

tonci87, I assume you have the game? Something which really bothers me in this game is vehicles getting stuck in craters/trenches. Do you know if that is improved in this one? Or does it still require micro-management hoping the AI wont do something smart by itself ending up in those afterall? :)

I didn´t buy Mius front yet, still have to finish faaar too many Operation Star campaigns. I think they did improve vehicle pathfinding but I´m not sure. However, even in Operation star I very rarely see vehicles get stuck. I simply avoid sending them into trench networks. And even if one gets stuck, a reverse order or direction change usually fixes the problem. If not, you can always send another vehicle to give it a little push.

Ah yeah, same here but it looks good and as said I wait for a discount :)

I try to prevent sending vehicles to those trench areas but sometimes I just overlook them or in the heat of the battle I forget about a few ending up with a vehicle "entrenched" :D

And even if one gets stuck, a reverse order or direction change usually fixes the problem.

Yep, many times that has saved me as well but sometimes I have also been unable to fix it by doing this.

If not, you can always send another vehicle to give it a little push.

Excellent tip! I did not know that, thanks! :)

Ah yeah, same here but it looks good and as said I wait for a discount :)

I try to prevent sending vehicles to those trench areas but sometimes I just overlook them or in the heat of the battle I forget about a few ending up with a vehicle "entrenched" :D

Yep, many times that has saved me as well but sometimes I have also been unable to fix it by doing this.

Excellent tip! I did not know that, thanks! :)

How did you not know that, after all it is the thing you would do IRL :p

(don´t try to push a Tiger with an SdKfZ though :p )

Hehe, well I guess I never realised how life like this game is. Sometimes you just need others to rub your face in ;)

I am going to give it a try when anything gets stuck.

Nothing directly about the game, but just a general impression of the fighting in Ukraine 1943 wich is portrayed in the WW2 Graviteam games.

Watched the first two videos. Unit names missing and you can only see some shape in the unit card to recognize the unit sounds pretty bad. They really should fix that if they already haven't?

I still haven't launched the Operation Star but I've promised to myself to do that in the near future and learn the game.

Watched the first two videos. Unit names missing and you can only see some shape in the unit card to recognize the unit sounds pretty bad. They really should fix that if they already haven't?

I still haven't launched the Operation Star but I've promised to myself to do that in the near future and learn the game.

Yeah that is a major complaint and I expect it to be fixed soon (if there isn´t another option to see it that he is missing). This is actually better in Operation star. You can see exactly what kind of unit you have.

He did release videos of one more battle. 

This time he is on the receiving end of Soviet air attack while trying to hold a line against a Soviet tank assault. Damn, IL2s are nasty....

(By the way, his Stugs beeing so stupid is most likely due to the crew beeing wounded/shellshocked and having all their radio antennas blow off)

A long one, but with a lot of artillery action.

Here we have an interesting battle. Arch has basically zero AT weapons and faces a tank assault

• Like 1

This time Arch absolutelly butchers some poor Russians, they do bring in their WW1 Airforce though :)

Next weeks battle should be really interesting.

Night battle vs Soviet tanks

Another really well done cinematic gameplay Video

Jumped and knee jerk bought it after seeing this thread. Fired up the Tutorial as havent played Star in a while and man -the ratio of assburger/not-assburger'ed at Graviteam has really gone up as the tutorial literally confuses you more than if you just tried the game -a tough feat to achieve. That said, I havent bought Mius Front so  obviously was impressed by the newer UI's and of course the models and particle effects are hands down my favorite for any game. Only thing that concerned me was after starting the campaign was the extremely flat, not very interesting landscape. Of course this is not Europe but looking at the video and pictures of Tunisia, there is definitely some elevated spots and undulated ground - none of which was present in the 1st mission of the US campaign. I started to experience buyers remorse until I fired it up again and created a defense battle in one of the towns in the editor -played it all nite and had one of the best gaming sessions since well, forever. These games are just awesome.

Hope Im wrong about the map tho -the game does beg for varied terrain for your troops to have to deal with.

Arch Warhammer takes a look at the game :)

The map does look a bit bland in this video, but to be fair the Devs did recreate a 400km² sized part of the battlefield according to topographical maps and photo and video materials.

I also heard that later on in the campaign you fight for parts of the map that are much more hilly :)

Here is the real life location today

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Sidi+Bouzid,+Tunesien/@35.0306916,9.4704575,13.46z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x12fec340b61767fd:0xcc600169ded4578c!8m2!3d35.0354386!4d9.4839392

And this is the battle you play in the main campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sidi_Bou_Zid

Still though, it seems as if Mius front had much more content. If somebody is looking to get into these games, I would at the moment recommend Mius front over Tunisia 1943