Wiki

New screen monitor

Hi guys.

I need to change my monitor, but don't know which one I should take now.

It will be for gaming most of the time.

Here are the spec I seek:

-27" (or more)

-FHD (minimum) UHD (if possible)

-G-Sync

-Price about 400 euros

Thanks for your help!

Well, UHD stand for Ultra High Definition, wich is 4K so a 4K G-Sync monitor under 400€ is not possible ^^ Even G-Sync is not usefull for the 4K at the moment.

And in general, the G-sync module is itself ~120€ so... (you may be can found some Gsync monitor at this price but less than 27" and probably with a not so good TN panel) if I was you I would rather look for the freesync module from AMD wich is way less expensive and the up-coming AMD Polaris architecture looks awesome so  :) (

)

For under 400€ with free-sync, you have better options like:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00VX8YX42?SubscriptionId=AKIAIIN3YAWIOWEJ7C7Q&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00VX8YX42&linkCode=xm2&tag=shoptimate073-21 for 282,33 € and it's ultrawide so <3

However it's 60Hz only  :( 

(also http://www.ldlc.be/informatique/peripherique-pc/moniteur-pc/c4623/p1e48t3o0a1+fv889-4957,4947,8362,4948,9961+fc2210-1.html )

However, you can set up your budget a little bit and try this : http://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/ecrans-informatiques/acer-ecran-27-xg270huomidpx/f-10732-xg270huomidpx.html?refer=zanoxpb&cm_mmc=zanoxpb-_-1535464&cid=affil

This monitor is not pretty but the pixel rate for a 27" (2560 x 1440 pixels), the freesync and 1ms response time is awesome, only the TN Panel for the colors bother me.

Thanks

Freesync works for nvidia GPU?

Unfortunately nope. Your GPU will work fine but it wouldn't be able to use the Free-Sync benefits and same if you buy a G-Sync monitor, you woudn't be able to use the G-Sync technology if you have an AMD Graphic card.

Just a question, what is your current GPU?

MSI GTX 970 Gaming

So, i've decided to buy this one:

Acer Predator XF270HUbmijdprz

What do you think?

Did I do the right choice?

On 10.3.2016 at 8:13 PM, wiki said:

So, i've decided to buy this one:

Acer Predator XF270HUbmijdprz

What do you think?

Did I do the right choice?

can you give us a short review? im thinkin of getting a monitor for arma 3 with/without gsync..(+500€ on 3440x1440 !!)

2 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

can you give us a short review? im thinkin of getting a monitor for arma 3 with/without gsync..(+500€ on 3440x1440 !!)

Well, satisfied of this monitor.

However, I use the one without gsync - cause I couldn't buy the one at the time.

Glad with that purchase, but if you can buy the one with gsync, maybe it's worth it.

cheers for your opinion. im really tryin to dig in this. The price range is just immense (340-1300+) € for 4K/ultra wide 4k,  with/without Gsync....

I posted some overview in this thread:

3 minutes ago, jeza said:

May be of interest:

HDR and G-Sync, the PG27UQ is a 4K resolution (3840x2160) monitor with an ultra-fast 144Hz

http://www.pcgamer.com/asus-rog-swift-pg27uq-monitor-brings-hdr-and-g-sync-together/

thanks for the update. I ordered me a 1440p 144hz gsync for now and gonna test it out. probably gonna switch to 4k in a year when its more affordable to get 144hz + gsync...

thanks for the update. I ordered me a 1440p 144hz gsync for now and gonna test it out. probably gonna switch to 4k in a year when its more affordable to get 144hz + gsync...

Can you share what model did you order? I have a Samsung 4K 60hz monitor that I'd like to upgrade to a gsync one as well.