mrcurry

WY-55 Hellcat (Armed) will not attack engaged targets.

On 12/2/2017 at 7:52 PM, oukej said:

You mean the attack? Sadly the gunner AI will only attack a target if it appears in it's fire arc, but the pilot will either just fly straight or perform head-on dives. We sorry but there's no plan to have better aerial AI attack routines. But a reasonable attack can be still achieved indirectly via Loiter WP.

The loiter waypoint is nice, but in Zeus for example, it's practically impossible to get an AI-piloted Blackfish to attack targets since there is no loiter waypoint option. In custom scenarios, it is fairly easy to get it to attack targets with the loiter waypoint, vehicles in particular, but I'm still honestly not sure how to get it to clear infantry effectively, other than scripting its gunners to individually point at and fire upon each hostile unit in the area.

I don't expect an immediate bug fix, or even necessarily in the next year or two, but I would comfortably pay $30-100 per year for small ongoing DLCs with primarily just bug fixes for the game. For example, suppose $10 for an artillery DLC which adds an artillery radar vehicle for CSAT and NATO and MRSI capability for the artillery computer in the Scorcher and Sochor (just add the option to select high or low trajectory), along with a showcase mission and some general bug fixes. Suppose $30-40 for a naval warfare DLC with mobile aircraft carriers for CSAT and NATO, plus a CSAT and NATO destroyer and attack submarine, a minor Shikra variant for carrier take-off and landing, a mini-campaign (like one of the Tac Ops campaigns), one multiplayer scenario, and some more general bug fixes. Suppose another $20-30 for a logistics DLC with a civilian oil tanker, a civilian cargo ship, a working dock crane, and a HEMTT/Tempest which can be loaded and unloaded like so plus a showcase mission and some more general bug fixes. This may not all be feasible, but you could easily go for the low-hanging fruit, charge enough to get a decent profit while having money to spare for bug fixes, and let the ArmA community gradually pay its way towards having a better game.