musse

Pls help game crash 0x000000FF

This crash makes me crazy, the google suck with finding a solution, can some one help with this problem?

Game crash 0x000000FF

:*(

it happens a lott, do you know how to fix it?

i conect to friends server can play on it 4 like 2min and then i get this crash, 0x000000FF

Do you use an nVidia GeForce graphics card? If so, are you running the GeForce Experience application? If so, try updating, disabling, or ultimately uninstalling it. That was the only way I could keep ArmA 2 & 3 from crashing with this memory instruction error, complete uninstallation.

Hello,

thank you for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please send me your launcher and game logs/crashdumps?

Steps on how to export logs from ARMA 3 Launcher:
1. Start ARMA 3 Launcher
2. Click Options menu
3. Drop down menu will appear
4. Select: Prepare Arma Troubleshooting error and save those files
5. A notification will pop up with the name of the generated file
Please note that it might take some time for files to collect.

The crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have collected these, please ZIP them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox) and PM me the link.

Thank you :)
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 3:42 PM, Cameron_Carsons said:

it would be lovely if someone could enlighten me on what I should do.

This goes for all those who are crashing with the error seen posted on the OP, heres what you should do:

Provide some information and details, when people just say i have this problem and then leave it, then they are basically asking everyone else to solve their issue or tell them what the problem is,

in a way yes thats ok but providing details makes a big difference in narrowing down what the cause could possibly be vs a 20 question, and 10 page discussion on theories, and what you should do and not to do etc,.

a waste of time if you ask me unless someone pops up and can identify the issue and say do this and it worked for me sort of response.

Provide the following if you have an issue:

1. Be specific about the issue your dealing with, providing the exact errors you are getting if you are getting any.

2. List any mods being used.

3. List mission/ you are playing, custom by you, or downloaded from Armaholic or from steam workshop.

5. Is it a Sp scenario, playing it in the editor, on a server, or hosting the mission in mp

6. Post your full computer specs even the ram frequency - (most people post how much ram they have and not the freq)

7. Provide a link to an rpt, yes a link, use this ------> https://justpaste.it/

8. What settings are you using - startup, and ingame graphics and other settings.

9. What have you done to try to fix the issue.

10. When did the issue start happening, before or after you installed something, before or after a game update.

11. Are you running any background programs, such as a gamebooster, antivirus, chat programs, network programs (aside steam).

12. Is your PC/laptop a new build, or an old one, any new updates, services, applications, window updates recently.

==========

Thats a rough idea of some detailed information people can provide, i can understand if someone is new to the game and the game crashes, and you see an error and dont

think nothing of it, maybe one is prone to report it or find a thread like some of you and say i have this error too, that is a start, i am just adding for your (to whom it may concern)

reference on what else you can do.

More details, and information narrows down the search for an answer, obviously the issue is specific to those who are experiencing the error as we all aren't playing the game

on the same type of computer and setup, nor the same mission, mods, settings, so information you provide is specific to your problem.

For those new guys that have posted in the past and recently welcome to Bis forums btw, if i may suggest aside the above, start here when and if the game is or has been crashing for you:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/w/ft_a3_howto/gamecrash/

BIS does look at the issues, and like i said above, every amount of info you provide helps them find a solution to the issue.

0x000000ff Error Codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

make sure you don't have any viruses, trojans or any other malware in your system

read this:

How to fix 0x000000ff Error?  (do NOT USE the (0x000000ff) repair utility tool) !!!

and

System File Checker tool  use this method instead !

21 hours ago, maquez said:

0x000000ff Error Codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

make sure you don't have any viruses, trojans or any other malware in your system

read this:

How to fix 0x000000ff Error?  (do NOT USE the (0x000000ff) repair utility tool) !!!

and

System File Checker tool  use this method instead !

The 0xFF literally just means the number 255. It doesn't say anything about misconfigured system files or anything really. The real answer is in the logs and crashdumps. Don't try to read something out of the numbers which could mean anything.

That is the right answer.