arcooke

BattlEye was made available for Linux in ARK: Survival Evolved... coming soon for Arma3?

EDIT: Well that's some timing.  A few days after I asked, they answered in a new blog post.    https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00146 No need for any more responses really.

---

Hey guys.  I'm an ARK:Survival Evolved player on Linux, but I'm an even bigger Arma fan and have been following this port for a while.  A few weeks ago, the ARK developers released an update that included BattlEye, and the following day, they released the BattlEye client on the Linux version of the game as well.

Is their Linux port of BE native or does it it use eON's wrapper?  Does this give any indication of BE supporting Linux for Arma3?

The current ArmA Linux port is pretty much useless since we are unable to play with the rest of the world on BE servers.  Which is very unfortunate, because I'm afraid it's going to seem like there's no interest in Arma3 on Linux.  The reality of it is, there are a lot of us who want to play this game but nobody's playing because of a lack of BE support.

I'd really appreciate some info about this.

Thanks

won't make a difference anyways since you'll still be wayyyyy behind all other servers in version number anyways, so you won't be able to play regardless.

won't make a difference anyways since you'll still be wayyyyy behind all other servers in version number anyways, so you won't be able to play regardless.

Its at least another step forwards.