Sign in to follow this  
WazzupDesigne

No sound after joining server

Hello,

I just bought arma 3 and i started playing the campain and everything was fine but then when i went into the multiplayer i joined a server and lost all the sound (menu music, sfx ...) i then disconected frome the server but the sound didn't come back and i had to restart arma to regain the audio... I tried changing the cpu count and all but nothing changed and it does it on every server ... I loved arma 2 especially for it's multiplayer :wub:  and now arma 3 looks epic but i can't experience it without any audio! 

Anyone know how i can fix this ?  <_<

I had a similar issue a few days ago after I installed Windows 10 on my computer.

I am using an old Creative X-Fi Elite Pro soundcard with official Windows 10 drivers.

I connected to a server and my sound was gone. After I closed Arma 3 my whole audio was gone too.
But Windows detected no hardware trouble.

The only solution for me was to restart my computer. After that I uninstalled my GPU audio driver (NVIDIA HDMI sound driver) everything was working fine without any trouble.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue a few days ago after I installed Windows 10 on my computer.

I am using an old Creative X-Fi Elite Pro soundcard with official Windows 10 drivers.

I connected to a server and my sound was gone. After I closed Arma 3 my whole audio was gone too.

But Windows detected no hardware trouble.

The only solution for me was to restart my computer. After that I uninstalled my GPU audio driver (NVIDIA HDMI sound driver) everything was working fine without any trouble.

Thanks i will try that ;)

Try reinstall drivers. 

The only time I loose my sound in Arma is when my headset unplugs and I just need to restart my computer to fix it. 

• Like 1