On 6/12/2016 at 8:04 AM, Flax said:

Loving using these, I see what you mean about turing AO on though. I can live with it being on as it makes the game look better IMO and doesn't really ruin the screens much.

CC6B8E6ED0E6E383076C347E891DE07B61315D90

What or which script did you use on the Screens 

10 minutes ago, michael poole said:

What or which script did you use on the Screens 

It's just a render to texture of a camera in the game. If I remember correctly the screens have 5 textures - 1 full screen then 4 quarter screens. There is a good example on Killzone Kids blog:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-uav-r2t-and-pip/

20 minutes ago, Flax said:

It's just a render to texture of a camera in the game. If I remember correctly the screens have 5 textures - 1 full screen then 4 quarter screens. There is a good example on Killzone Kids blog:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-uav-r2t-and-pip/

yeah that code seems pretty good downside is he doesnt explain what needs to go where also i want to just use the GCU to control the drone fully as in fly it but doesnt connect to the drone 

Sorry, I was posting from the perspective of having a decent understanding of sqf and where to use it. For "from scratch instructions":

You can place this in the init of the screen, or an init file in your mission or in the dev console if you want to quickly test:

/* render screen as camera feed */
_screen setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(cam_feed,1)"];

/* create camera, set variables and stream to render surface */
cam = "camera" camCreate _camPosition;
cam camSetFov 0.1;
cam camSetTarget _obj;
cam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back", "cam_feed"];

_obj is an invisible object you want the camera to focus on. (I usually use a cone or bucket then hide the model)

_screen is the name of the screen you want to have the camera on.
_camPosition is the position of the camera you want to be created. 

It won't work just copying and pasting, you will need to change the variables to match your mission. If you share the error you got I might be able to help better.

yeah been playing with it but it drops a tc down in a random pace and doesnt show on the monitor i want it to on the wall

Hi, guys!

Apologies for the lack of recent updates on Eden Objects - I've been lucky enough to focus a bit more on official Arma work - however, there are some new additions planned for release (soon!). Many models are complete, though localization and some detailed config entries are still required for some. The next update is themed 'recreation' - so here's the latest renders (many without NOHQ or SMDI maps yet) :icon_biggrin:. As always, keep your suggestions coming! Several requests are in the pipeline.

Mondschein art supplies:

• Easel_F
  • PaintBox_F
  • Wooden_Stool_F
  • Paintbrush_F
  • Paint_Palette_F
  • Canvas_Square_F / Canvas_F (no image)

3NdfQvR.png

pWmQSS2.png

BQLkB1x.png

ErxSv1R.png

odKCUSR.png

nkDDxSC.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Knowing your work, I assume the canvas texture can be set by the mission maker?

I now desperately want to create a mission where you have to navigate a mine field with only the help of an impressionistic aquarelle painting of the layout of the area which was created by a wounded soldier, who was also an accomplished painter, during his last moments. Is this blot a bush or a mine? ;-)

• Like 5

Knowing your work, I assume the canvas texture can be set by the mission maker?

Indeed! There'll be two types of canvas and both will have hiddenSelections :f:. Looking forward to making some sort of art exhibition!  ^^ Can't wait to play that mission, by the way! 

• Like 1

Hiya guys :dontgetit:

Some recent, IDAP-themed activity here - the following objects have just been added to the mod: 

• Exhibition Stand (I look forward to some interesting exhibitions with the re-texturable panels!)
  • Blue Shield Cultural Heritage Wall Plaque (no text, English, Greek, and French variants).
  • IDAP Road Sign
  • Newspaper (as requested!)
  • IDAP Mug (again, as requested!
  • AAN Journalist's Vest (simple retexture

Here's a render; probably the most fun I've ever had creating a texture! :sol: (If you want to continue reading, you'll have to go in-game and flip it over, lol). 

grJ6aJm.png 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Kydoimos. Is it possible to change the GCS_hub_F blue lights to the other colours?

Like you can with the data terminal using the BIS_fnc_DataTerminalColor function.

I'd like to match the hub lights to the opened data terminals green colour.

865E09B9B3E6549205328639065B23638E0A69C4

//Set GCS Screen Texture
_GCS setObjectTexture [2, "#(argb,1024,1024,1)r2t(uavrtt,1)"];
_GCS setObjectTexture [3, "#(argb,1024,1024,1)r2t(uavrtt,1)"];

So I know Von Quest and you briefly touched on this earlier, but I have been scrolling through the comments and haven't seen much elaborated on how to fix this... How do I get the picture full screen on the GCS? Still new to actual CODING in Arma... Also, how do I have one screen show thermal and one screen regular video?

• Like 1

3C358C2C8CC9D743B45F791EA5C40D0E18E53405

I've found a game breaking bug 😉 

Either March 2 2033 is a Wednesday and not a Thursday which makes the paper wrong or There's a missing leap year in the Eden Editor

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, seacaptainjim said:

Either March 2 2033 is a Wednesday and not a Thursday which makes the paper wrong or There's a missing leap year in the Eden Editor

The internet says it's a Wednesday.

Arma 3 is basically out of development, but I heard newspaper shaders and physics are better coded in the Enfusion engine, so hopefully we won't see this in Arma 4.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Arma 3 is basically out of development...

Arma 3 version 2.00 update - 

fixed newspaper

- that is all

😄

• Like 2